Other FlySky FS-TH9X

Rc-Help Member

I Love This Site!
A friend of mine gave me his radio to test for this weekend. It's a Fly Sky FS-TH9X. Same as the IMAX, and Turnigy 8 channel radio. This ought to be fun. Anyways if I like it he's going to sell it to me for $125.00 with 1 8 channel rec and 4 6 channel receivers.

Also, If it does work good, I'm gonna put my Flymentor on the ole CopterX 500 and see what I can do. Yep, I'll try and get some video for Tony. :arms:

Keith

Seems a bit pricey to me.. The tx is less than $60 and the Rx's are about $9 each,so it's less than $100 + postage, new....

Rc-Help Member

I Love This Site!
Getting ready to do the battery mod on both of my transmitters (yep, I traded some stuff for the FS-TH9X). I have found an article on how to make a good low rate discharge Lithium Ion battery pack that puts out 7.2 to 7.5 volts for about $15.00 shipped.

Here is the link to the article if anyone is interested. http://www.rcmodelreviews.com/tendollarbattery.shtml I'll let you know how it goes as soon as I get the batteries.

Keith

Good link tr911.... I got a Tx pack for a 6A and transferred it to the 9X with a bit of cutting about... Wish I had seen this mod first...

Rc-Help Member

I Love This Site!
By the way the Flymentor didn't work out like I wanted so I took it back off.

Keith, the radio/receivers are brand new still in the box. (wuz but not anymore...lol) Also, the FlySky has 4 different mode selections for the sticks, mode1, mode2, mode3, and mode4 (weird), it also has 3 aircraft selections heli, plane, and glider. I checked in with Hobbyking and the same setup would have cost me $130+ dollars so $125 was cool with me. There are a total of 4 6 channel receivers.

Last edited:

Keith

I have the same setup tr911... I worked it out at $119.50 all up to Australia... Of course you would have to wait a couple of weeks to get it whereas you have it imeadiately...

Rc-Help Member

I Love This Site!
On the stick sensitivity for the FS 9x, it seems a little to sensitive. So I have my DR/expo set to 70/40. How can I keep 100% swash movement but make the stick to the swash less sensitive?

murankar

Staff member
I should have my backlight kit for my TH9X this week finally, I ordered it in January and had to ship it to the wife and then she shipped it to me. I also have an 1800 mAh lifpo4 pack for it also, but I am currently using 2300 mAh Energizer rechargeable AA batteries. Going to see which one will last longer even after the backlight kit is installed.

murankar

Staff member
Got the back light installed about 10 minutes ago. I also got my hobbyking 1800 mah LiFe4 battery still need to charge it. I have three leads coming out of this thing one for balance, one for the tx and one other two prong lead that is female. I am guessing the black connector is the one for the tx and charging. Anyhow just a quick update.

Tony

Staff member
Have you tried going into the sim and remapping the controller Khaled? What sim are you running?

murankar

Staff member
The only thing I know about siming with it is that the module needs to come out. Not fully removed just disconnected. That is of course you did the mod.

Westy

LEGEND
I have done extensive mods and work on these ..... you can do a simply 1K resistor mod to allow your PPM signal to pass through which is a simple track cut and solder in a 1K resistor .... or if you have done the hard wire ER9X interface upgrade or pogo board.... you can simply do it through software changing and simply enabling it in the ER9x software.

Westy

LEGEND
If it was me ... I would get the 9XR You do have to buy a module though and a receiver. but you really can buy an excellent combo that will give you massive distance and adaptability for FPV later and telemetry. Since all the mods are all done out of the box .... you should never have to open the Tx.

I would suggest this combination as it will give you solid lasting results.

IMG_1689_2.jpg
THE NICE 9XR

And .... This TX module and RX combo... Extended range (1.5km-2.5km).

14349.jpg 14349-2.jpg 14350(2).jpg

You can buy the Receivers on thier own too if you want to add to your fleet http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__14350__FrSky_V8FR_II_2_4Ghz_8CH_Receiver_HV_.html

IMG_1689_2.jpg

14349.jpg

14349-2.jpg

14350(2).jpg

Last edited:

murankar

Staff member
Well today my flashing board shipped from eBay. I also got a male and female 9pin dsub and some 60/40 rosin core. I was running out. So now I need to start the process of connecting the ribbon cable.

I am guessing all I need to do is match pin 1 with the red stripe and just soldier in sequence. Then when the flash board gets here do the same with the male end. This will be my last mod to my minus the new module.

Westy

LEGEND
got any photos? Here are my Videos on hard wiring.

The Playlist below includes All hte modss such as Backlight, stick callibration, flashing software to ER9x and back to original, backing up .....using EEpe and heaps more!

[video]http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLqagIrU4ukVCtJ2zJTdJgcCw02X2JWvsJ&f eature=mh_lolz[/video]

Enjoy! Hope this helps you out :)

Last edited by a moderator:

murankar

Staff member
Thanks I will need to d some watching. right now I need to figure out the cable line up. Then I need to learn the flashing process, god I do not want to mess that up.

Top Bottom