Other FlySky FS-TH9X-B (FS-CT9B) 2.4G 9CH Radio System

murankar

Staff member
Just getting back here myself. As for sourcing that module, not sure where to look other than hobbyking or flysky. I bought my th9x through hobbypartz and I am sure they won't have that module. I can't remember but I think the 9x uses a Futaba style module but it could very well be JR based. You would need to research that part.

I have the djt w/ telemetry RX module w/ the v8fr II HV. Natively the RX can send telemetry and the RX can receive telemetry. Problem is that in order to use this feature you need not only the sensors but you also need the telemetry hub what's more is you will need to bind the RX/tx with telemetry support.

As for my upgrades all I did was the hard wire program connector and the back light. I fell the smartyparts board is an easy way to mod the radio but not worth the cost for what I was doing. Plus I only have 2 mods so really it wasn't worth it for me.

What other questions are there about this radio? I ask because I might know the answer or my know a resource for you to look at. Opentx.org (I think, maybe .com) is a forum dedicated to this radio and the firmware upgrade.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

murankar

Staff member
The TH9X family of radios could be flashed with an open source firmware. That firmware was updated regularly when it was in its popular days. I have no idea if the firmware is still being supported anymore. Since this post I have bought a Mikado V-Control and a Specktrum DX6 (Black edition). My 9X is buried in a plastic tote some where in the garage.

Top Bottom