Micro Flightless Blkade 200 SRX

Heliman450

Hi all,

So here's the photo sequence. Nothing was particularly difficult as it was basically putting everything back without damaging anything during the process. The flight motor wires are located in a slightly different way than originally and its currently sporting its old blades until I can convince myself that the new ones won't get damaged straight off. I hope you've found it a little bit interesting. Thanks to Keith for supplying the 200SRX background information such as the correct orientation of the tail rotor blade.

View attachment Blade 200SR X Photo Sequence.pdf

Let you know how the maiden flight goes.

Heliman450

Hi all, a quick update on this problem.................

Sorry for the delay in updating but I've been heavily involved in my other, current project My New T-Rex 700X Build - Page 7 having taken delivery of some more goodies.

I took a sequence of photos to capture the swashplate movements in all the various options i.e. modes 1-3 with high/low dual rates. Whilst doing this, I noticed the link rods' angle and I suspect that it's not the best position for the ball link being fitted in the centre hole. I was taking the heli for a 'Trim Flight' that day so put the ball link issue to one side. After the 'Trim Flight', the heli wasn't too bad. It can now achieve more respectable altitude and even needs to be brought down for best control. However, it still proves very difficult to keep in a reasonably small volume during a hover. The following three photos show the link rod issue quite well.

001_P1080070XLS.JPG 002_P1080094XLS.JPG 003_P1080095XLS.JPG

I decided to prepare two servo arms with the ball moved to the next hole outwards so giving more swash plate travel. Although I haven't gone through the set-up again, it actually responds much better to the stick inputs. Having kept it in the air much longer and using up the only flight battery I have at the moment, I was able to observe the flight characteristics better. It twitches and bobs about quite a lot now. I've talked to my friend and have the go ahead to change the swash plate and the rotor drive shaft as the swash plate does show quite a lot of slop when observed closely. The next two photos show the alignment of the links.

001_IMG_1411S.JPG 002_IMG_1412S.JPG

The elevator link seem is showing more angle than the aileron but even this is less than previously. After I change the swash plate out, I'll go through the set-up again and see if I can manage a video to show here.

Bye for now!

001_P1080070XS.JPG

003_P1080094XS.JPG

004_P1080095XS.JPG

001_IMG_1411S.JPG

002_IMG_1412S.JPG

001_P1080070XLS.JPG

002_P1080094XLS.JPG

003_P1080095XLS.JPG

Last edited:

KLA

Hey Phil, seems like you're on the right track. ON my 230S, the ball is in the same outer hole on the servo arms as in your 2nd set if pictures. I have no problems with it like that. The 230S flies perfect. Perhaps the new swashplate with no slop will solve the twitching problem. If you're replacing the swash, you should consider upgrading to a CNC aluminum swash. The stock swasw has a tendency to separate over time.

Heliman450

Hey Phil, seems like you're on the right track. ON my 230S, the ball is in the same outer hole on the servo arms as in your 2nd set if pictures. I have no problems with it like that. The 230S flies perfect. Perhaps the new swashplate with no slop will solve the twitching problem. If you're replacing the swash, you should consider upgrading to a CNC aluminum swash. The stock swasw has a tendency to separate over time.

Hi Keith, thanks for the feedback. It's just in time as I was about to leave and call in to the hobby shop on the way to my workshop. Can you describe a bit better what you mean by ''The stock swash has a tendency to separate over time''? I think that what I'm seeing could well be described that way.

I'll have a quick look in the website and see if there's an aluminium option in stock before calling in.

P.S. The part isn't listed. I won't get one now but if you could let me know what the part number is, I can tell my friend and if he wants to do a future upgrade it's his choice. This whole project has been an interesting experience as I'd have probably just gone ahead with a new heli myself. I've never tried to resurrect one from such a bad state on a minimum budget before and of course, I want to assess each step along the road (runway??) to getting it back to perfect. Another club member already gave up on his but I didn't offer him my services at the time :biggrin1:

Last edited:

KLA

Hey Phil, the stock swashplate is all plastic and the tabs on the inside that hold the 2 pieces together wear down and the swash will come apart into 2 pieces. It happens a lot with other Blade plastic swashplates such as the Blade SR.

Don't know a part number for a CNC aluminum swashplate for the 200srx but I'm sure all of the popular aftermarket manufacturers such as Microheli, Rakonheli and Lynx will definitely have one. I'll see what I can find and let you know.

- - - Updated - - -

Phil, here is a link to a silver Lynx CNC aluminum swashplate from Helination. Helination is in the US and are a great company to buy from. I've used them several times and have always been happy:

Lynx 200SRX - Ultra Swashplate - Silver LX1245 200 SRX

Heliman450

Cheers Keith, I'll check it out and talk to him about that option as an upgrade.

P.S. I visited the site and it looks great. I'll be replacing the swash plate for a standard one with new links and main shaft later.

Last edited:

Heliman450

Hi all, latest update.................

The replacement of the swash plate went well and all was ready for testing within about an hour. However, getting to run through the setup process took me a bit longer due to other stuff getting in the way. I'm almost finished with a re-write of the instructions making them easier to use (my opinion, yours appreciated). I'm hoping to post a pdf later today.

The 'Trim Flight' worked fine and the model is now working ok and is very responsive with the ball links set one hole further out.

Bye for now!

Heliman450

Hi all,

I managed to get finished a bit earlier than I thought so here's a pdf for your perusal. Let me know if you think I've missed something important. I decided not to include lots of photos in the pdf but I do have some more to publish here if there's an appetite for them.

View attachment 200SRX SETUP.pdf

Bye now!

KLA

Wow, Phil! You did an excellent job on the instructions PDF. I didn't read it completely, but browsed thru it and from what I can tell, you did a hell of a job. Good work!

Glad to hear that the 200srx is flying good again.

Heliman450

Wow, Phil! You did an excellent job on the instructions PDF. I didn't read it completely, but browsed thru it and from what I can tell, you did a hell of a job. Good work!

Glad to hear that the 200srx is flying good again.

Hi Keith, thanks for the positive feedback. I look forward to hearing more from you about its content when you get chance to review it a bit closer. Thanks for your input on some of the background stuff along the way. There were a few missing points from the source documents, which made it a bit difficult to start off with e.g. the exiting process from each procedure requires the user to hold the sticks in the same way as entering before the new settings are properly saved.

The only thing I think it needs to enhance it further is a table showing the current settings so that users could record changes.

Let me know what you think.

Good luck with the election today!

KLA

Just starting work now but I'll have a chance to read it later on sometime. Until then.......

Heliman450

Hi all, I made some changes to the 'Final Draft' and included a table to record the current values. As I didn't have access to the model again, I just allowed for plus or minus five values above or below the default.

I'd appreciate some feedback from anybody doing changes using the instructions. Hopefully, I won't be having to use them just yet as my friend has managed to fly the heli since without smashing it again :arms:

View attachment 200SRX SETUP_Final Draft2.pdf

Bye now!

Top Bottom