Micro Flightless Blkade 200 SRX

KLA

Yeah, LHS normally won't get them. Best option is to order them online. Try the link I posted for Xtreme Productions. They are an excellent company and the blades were only $10. Haven't seen them on Ebay yet, but I'll look around and see what I can find.

Heliman450

Yeah, LHS normally won't get them. Best option is to order them online. Try the link I posted for Xtreme Productions. They are an excellent company and the blades were only $10. Haven't seen them on Ebay yet, but I'll look around and see what I can find.

Hi Keith,

Problem is always international shipping and import duty. $10 is a fantastic price but it will cost at least the same again to get them if not more. I once bought some stuff for my Beam E4 from Belgium and it cost more than twice as much as the bits. I'll stick with standard blades for now unless I can find another option. The heli should fly with them anyway. I'll make sure that they are the correct ones as the first step. I don't like buying stuff just to see if it works. The blades aren't badly damaged so I'll get some new (correct) ones first and go through the set-up from scratch to see if there's anything there before risking the new blades.

Thanks for your help on this.

KLA

No problem, Phil. Just trying to help out. The standard blades will be fine. At least you will know that you have the correct blades on the heli. I didn't realize that you were in Switzerland. Never thought to look and see where you were from, my bad. But now that I do know, I don't blame you at all for not wanting to pay the extra cost for ordering online. I think that is rediculus that you guys have to pay that much for shipping and processing. We don't have to deal with that over here. But, anyway, the standard blades will work fine. Just make sure your headspeed is high enough. I don't know how to do it, but with that RTF TX there is some way that you can turn the motor gain up to 200%, which will increase your headspeed. If the new blades don't help then turning up the motor gain is something to think about. In the meantime, I'll try to find some info on how to turn it up.

Good luck with the new blades. Let us know how it works out.

Heliman450

Hi all,

I checked the new blades and they are identical to the existing, damaged ones. Therefore, I'll go through the set-up process again with the objective of maximising the motor output. I don't expect to finish this before the weekend.

Tony

Staff member
I'm not sure if this has been asked yet or not, but are you running a linear (0 to 100) throttle curve? Since this is fixed pitch, it needs a linear curve. In the video you posted, it looked like it almost wanted to get off the ground right before hitting the trash can. Also, make sure the screws that hold the blade grips to the main shaft or head block are in correctly. Just trying to put out some more suggestions. Don't shoot me if this has all been said before lmao.

Tony

Staff member
But he should be able to at least calibrate the ESC so that it sees 100% if it's not already.

KLA

Yeah, somehow. The TX is a Blade LP6DSM TX. Don't know much about that particular TX but the RX is very similar to the RX on a Blade 230S.

I figure that it is either a headspeed problem or a pitch problem. In the video the headspeed looked ok. The blades were damaged so I suggested to get a new set of the correct 200srx FP blades thinking maybe someone mistakenly put CP blades on it and it's not providing enough lift. The 200srx stock blades look surprisingly similar to CP blades and would be easy to mix up for someone that doesn't know better.

Heliman450

Hi guys, thanks for getting onto this one for me during our night time :biggrin1:

I've been through the reprogramming as per thread #26 although it was a while back. They say that it's possible to go to 200% for the motor output but it may not have picked this up during my early attempt. I'm going to go through it again as per thread #27 when I take a break from my T-Rex 700X build but it's soooooooooooooooo addictive!

Heliman450

Hi all,

Yesterday, I managed to get a good look at the heli and I found what I thought was a crack in the frame. I was reading the trouble shooting guide and it mentioned high vibrations being a reason for it not lifting off. On closer inspection, it turned out to be a complete break in the frame. As the frame only has a single section on the left side, I'm not surprised that it was suffering high vibrations. I did a quick repair as per the photo below and this morning gave it a whirl. It was much more stable although I didn't increase the revs too much indoors. Tomorrow, I'll be taking it to give it full throttle to see if it will get off the ground.

01_IMG_1293S.JPG

Let you know how it goes.

01_IMG_1293S.JPG

KLA

Sounds good. I don't see how vibrations would not let it lift off of the ground. Vibrations would definitely affect the gyro and stability, but either way I hope your problem is solved.

Can't wait to see how it turns out. Best of luck!

Heliman450

Sounds good. I don't see how vibrations would not let it lift off of the ground. Vibrations would definitely affect the gyro and stability, but either way I hope your problem is solved.

Can't wait to see how it turns out. Best of luck!

Hi Keith,

Maybe my interpretation of this explanation was a bit extreme 'Check the main shaft, tail rotor, main rotor blades, main frame and adapter for damage, replace as necessary. Vibration must be minimized for Panic Recovery and Return to Level functions to work properly'.

This wasn't just vibration, it must have been allowing the rotor to move all over the place as the frame at this point is a major part of stabilising the main rotor. Worst thing on my part is that I missed it whilst inspecting closely on previous occasions. It only looked like a hairline crack when I used my old man's assistant (below). It wasn't until I pressed both side that it opened up.

012_IMG_1216S.JPG 01_IMG_1293S.JPG

If it proves to be the cause a replacement frame is only 12 CHF but needs a lot of work to strip and change everything over so I probably won't bother to make the change until it gets smashed again :biggrin1:

012_IMG_1216S.JPG

01_IMG_1293S.JPG

KLA

The spot where the frame broke is actually pretty common. A lot of people have had their frames break in the same spot, right above the main gear, in front of the main shaft. It is a weak spot on the frame of the 200srx, but also on the 230s too. If you glue it with something real strong like CA glue, then brace it like you did it should hold up pretty good and you won't have to replace the frame just yet.

When it is time to replace the frame it's not really that hard. You have a good bit of expierence with helis so it shouldn't be too difficult. The hardest thing is the reciever. Gotta make sure it is installed in the correct orientation and wired correctly. Other than that it is basically just swapping parts.

Heliman450

Hi Keith,

Looking good so far. It flies :yahoo: but only about six inches above the deck. It does respond as expected although it's a bit twitchy so needs a good looking at. As long as I can get it to do some reasonable flying around I'll be more than happy to hand it back to my friend with a warning that he needs to think his next step through. I think he needs to consider a new one with the old as spares when he improves a bit more with his skills to avoid crashing (smashing) it first time out :smashfreakB:

KLA

Well, Phil, at least you got it in the air. But why only 6 inches? Is that cause space is limited, or is that all the higher it will fly? If that's all the higher it will fly, then there definitely is still a problem.

As far as getting another one, if he decides to go that route, I would very strongly recommend stepping up a bit to the Blade 230S. It is basically a 6 channel CP version of the 200srx and also has the SAFE system. With the 230S in stabilization mode the heli flies exactly like a FP heli which makes it very similar to flying the 200srx except you have the option for advancement. In flight modes 2 and 3 it flies like a normal CP heli. You also have a bailout switch for all 3 flight modes, just like the 200srx does. Plus, overall the 230S flies great and is a much better helicopter than the 200srx. I have a 230S and absolutely love it.

Top Bottom