First time posting

KLA

Hey Nighttrain, first time posting here but have been a member for about 2 months now. I see that Nade is here too. That's great!!! Definitely seems like a nice and respectable forum. I really like the way it is set up.

Tony

Staff member
Hey KLA, thanks for the kind words. We are in the process of updating it just a bit to help out some of the new members that have never been on a forum before. I'm not sure off the top of my head who Nighttrain is though. Been starring at code and it has my brain all kinds of jumbled lol.

Welcome to RCH KLA! And thanks for posting up. What is it that you are into? Post pictures and video if you have it!

:welcome1:

trainrider06

Hey Nighttrain, first time posting here but have been a member for about 2 months now. I see that Nade is here too. That's great!!! Definitely seems like a nice and respectable forum. I really like the way it is set up.

Ah good deal! Glad you posted! Hopefully see more of ya! :)
And welcome! :)

trainrider06

Hey KLA, thanks for the kind words. We are in the process of updating it just a bit to help out some of the new members that have never been on a forum before. I'm not sure off the top of my head who Nighttrain is though. Been starring at code and it has my brain all kinds of jumbled lol.

Welcome to RCH KLA! And thanks for posting up. What is it that you are into? Post pictures and video if you have it!

:welcome1:
That's me Tony, over on HF, they helped to drive me over here early on with their rudeness :wink:.

KLA

Hey, thanks for the warm invites, gentleman. My name is Keith. I'm friends with Rodney and Rick, met them both over on HF and we just seemed to have a lot in common. They both are great guys.

Tony, you have a nice site here. I've heard a lot of good things about this forum. As Rodney said, a lot of people on HF can be pretty darn rude. Not as bad as RCG but pretty close. I'm sure you will find that Rodney will be a great asset to help this forum grow.

As for my RC addiction......all helicopters except for 1 quad. Haven't figured out how to have them listed as a signature on my post yet so here goes: Align Trex 450 pro, Hausler 450 SE v2, HK 250 GT, Blade SR, Blade 230s, Blade mCPX(2), Blade mCPX BL, Blade Nano CPX (2), WL V912, WL V911 and Dromida Ominus quad.

Tony

Staff member
Give it time, I had some issues with new members posting offensive stuff in their avatars and signatures so I had to remove them until you hit 50 posts. I'm thinking about reverting back to allowing them but not sure yet.

Nice fleet you have there.

And yes, we try to keep a clean forum going here. NOTHING like what is going on over on teh larger forums.

KLA

Hey Tony, no problem bud. I'll get to 50 posts shortly. After I posted that I read thru some of the "help" settings and watched the video about signatures and don't have a problem with that at all. I completely understand and it's probably the best way to go about it.

Thanks for the compliment on my fleet. It truly is an addiction, but a welcome one. Here are a some pics of my fleet:

Shared album - Keith Perry - Google Photos

Tony

Staff member
Have you had any luck with that HK250GT? Mine was named "Nightmare" for a reason. One issue after another. Kept me from getting an Align 250 because it was so bad.

trainrider06

I had an HK250, one of the first things I did was put a Align head on it, as well gears, what kind of gyro did you have Tony?
I put a Spartan Quark on mine, and that little thing was one locked in solid little flier!
Glad to see ya on here Keith!

KLA

The tail on my HK250 was a bit of a PIA, but I got a Turnigy 306g servo for it and that pretty much took care of the tail hold problems. But the only major problem I had was the feathering shaft broke in mid flight. Luckily it wasn't too high and was flying over some pretty thick grass.

Tony

Staff member
I had teh spartan knockoff from HK. It was a pretty good gyro for the price. One of these days, if I get the money, I may just get me another 250 just to play with.

trainrider06

Keith, did you have an HK feathering shaft in it??? I'd heard they will do just as you said....SNAP! Why I replaced my head and all!

trainrider06

Tony I cannot say enough good about that Quark! Amazing little gyro! I had one on the 250/450/and a 500! All were very nice and locked in! Easy to set up too!

KLA

Rodney, yes, it was a HK feathering shaft. I didn't know at the time that they were prone to breaking. But after it happened, I did read somewhere that the HK shafts would do that. But you can bet that I replaced it with an Align spindle. And guess what, no more problems. I also got the Align weighted tail grips and added my own "Chinese Weights." Now, even with the good ol huge Futaba gy401 the tail is pretty solid.

But, to tell you the truth, since I got the 230s I have only flew the HK250 twice. It just doesn't compare to the Blade 230s. I don't care what anyone on the other forums say, I absolutely love the 230s. It is such a well flying and relaxing helicopter to fly. And if you switch it to agility mode, it will perform as well as the 250.

Top Bottom