500 Finally almost done after nasty crash!

Tony

Staff member
More inside than out. You don't want to scorch or discolor the paint. Most hair dryers only do low and high. But if you have a medium setting, that would be where I would start.

Once it's nice and warm (setting it out in the sun is also an option if it wasn't winter) you will want to try pushing it out with your fingers, and once you think you have it close, keep everything warm and pack it full of something expandable like foam to help hold the shape. Right now the fiberglass has a memory and you are trying to give it a new memory and that takes time.

trainrider06

More inside than out. You don't want to scorch or discolor the paint. Most hair dryers only do low and high. But if you have a medium setting, that would be where I would start.

Once it's nice and warm (setting it out in the sun is also an option if it wasn't winter) you will want to try pushing it out with your fingers, and once you think you have it close, keep everything warm and pack it full of something expandable like foam to help hold the shape. Right now the fiberglass has a memory and you are trying to give it a new memory and that takes time.
Makes sense, I have a couple of ideas to try, am gonna use the packing stuff that came with it try to form it close to shape
Put a blunt rod in there to hold against it and help push it out I think.
I'll heat it slowly from inside, put the form in and then heat it a little from the outside...

Tony

Staff member
If you have another canopy, you could always stuff that in there. But it needs to be the exact shape.

trainrider06

They replaced One of my Warp 360 canopies when it came in damaged with out having to send the other one back

Well hopefully they get back to us both and resolve these issues!

- - - Updated - - -

If you have another canopy, you could always stuff that in there. But it needs to be the exact shape.

I do have the exact same canopy, but this thing needs some pressure to it I think to get it to pop out.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
I was thinking about buying one of Heliwow canopies but reading what you guys are going through, I'll pass on that.

Tony

Staff member
I know the canopies from NexRc.com are quite good quality. Otherwise, I just spray my own.

heli-maniac

They have nice stuff and do nice paint work at a nice price JUST TAKE for ever
I think when they did My 550 canopy it was well over a month Was not flying at the time ( winter) So it was not to bad

So hit or miss its been bad and good

The mishap on My Warp canopy was they drilled the mounting Wholes in the wrong place So they replaced it with a custom painted one that matched my 550

trainrider06

Sweet deal! Haha yeah probably should shop there during the winter months.
I think my Red canopy took a little over a month, but I think the special paint takes a little longer.
This one I just got I think I ordered it on the 15th of Dec, so it took less than a month...

heli-maniac

Well after a week and a half of me emailing them asking for the day it was shipped and tracking on it . still no answer
Yesterday I emailed them and told them I will take it up with papal if they could not answer my emails on a shipping date and tracking
So I finely get a email back Saying dont worry we shipped it but still didnt give me a date when it was shipped or tracking for it

trainrider06

Well after a week and a half of me emailing them asking for the day it was shipped and tracking on it . still no answer
Yesterday I emailed them and told them I will take it up with papal if they could not answer my emails on a shipping date and tracking
So I finely get a email back Saying dont worry we shipped it but still didnt give me a date when it was shipped or tracking for it
I was just going to post that I'd heard back from them today!
I had sent a pic that clearly showed the wave in the canopy, they said they needed a clearer picture of it.
But did say that the issue would be resolved.
So I sent them back a couple of other pix from different angles.
See what they say.
I think they have some sort of month long holiday or something like that over there around this time. So that may have been why you hadn't had a response from them till now.
We'll see I guess.

heli-maniac

LOL Ya they have a month long Holiday every month Back when I ordered My canopy they told me 5 days to paint well after 2 weeks I emailed to find out what was up
and they said the had been on a holiday they use that a lot .

I ordered the canopy on 11-27 they said 5 days to paint cheap 13 dollar shipping 10 to 15 days

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
That's true Tony.:agree: I'm diffidently not the waiting type. Matter of fact, Patience isn't in my vocabulary.

Top Bottom