450 Elevator servo problem

sparrow06

My elevator servo lock up on take off luckily my heli has no damage. i did try to open the servo and as soon i plug in the battery the servo won't stop turning. man my blade 450 3d been with me for a while and no problem.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
so when you opened the case and pluged it it.. it didnt stop turning.. (I am guessing your output gear wasnt attached.. and then that continous turning is normal

If the case was closed and still it was continoulsy turning inside.. then you are looking at a stripped gear... put it back together if you havent already and then put a servo arm on it and move it.. have to use too much force compared to the other servos.. or is clicking.. you got a problems.. depending on what is happeing then...

let us know what you are seeing. If you are using align 410m servos then bro believe me on this, this heli has a 100 times better servos that the blade 450.. :) what servo is this?

sparrow06

so when you opened the case and pluged it it.. it didnt stop turning.. (I am guessing your output gear wasnt attached.. and then that continous turning is normal

If the case was closed and still it was continoulsy turning inside.. then you are looking at a stripped gear... put it back together if you havent already and then put a servo arm on it and move it.. have to use too much force compared to the other servos.. or is clicking.. you got a problems.. depending on what is happeing then...

let us know what you are seeing. If you are using align 410m servos then bro believe me on this, this heli has a 100 times better servos that the blade 450.. :) what servo is this?

solar d650 servo. yeah strip gear. but how is that happened i just bought a 1 new for aileron, I just ordered 3 align 410 hope my Trex pro will work a champ.

murankar

Staff member
When I built my exi I was looking at the solars myself. Then for $4 less I could get the t-pro mg90s. I got three of those instead. The t-pros were great for what they are, but when I got the savox I found out what I was missing.

I now have 3 servos waiting to be put into a foamy.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Yeah t pro.. I used them too... They are cheap an analog... 3gx no likey analog lol ;)

Fly safe!! :) have fun!

murankar

Staff member
So I've heard. Good think my savox are digital. If my trip comes true (hope not) then I my saving for the DX7 and bx7200 with 2 sats or maybe Protos brain with two sats.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
For a 450 you don't need any satts with ar7200bx

There I saved you 70 bucks right there lol ;)

I am using only one with my 600 nitro :)

Fly safe!! :) have fun!

sparrow06

DS410 arrived yesterday and installed them. now do i need to level mechanically the swash plate while on DIR set up or it doesn't matter? plus i'm still using the 1.2 firmware never had a chance to install the new window. i did everything yesterday like level the swash plate and zero my pitch before i did the DIR and tail set up. then i went out try the helicopter and i noticed that i can't even lift it to ground because he's tilting right and almost hitting my blade to the ground. plus i noticed that my servo's are not going back to 45 degrees right away or not even going back really.

Tony

Staff member
I would put the gyro in DIR mode and make sure your servo arms are all at 90º to the links at mid stick in idle up. Any time you make a change to the helicopter, this should be the first thing you do. Not all servos are created equal and the pot in the servo that measures center may be just a bit off from the other ones. So one servo's center will not the the other's center. I hope that makes sense lol.

I would also recheck your pitch both positive and negative to make sure they are the same as well.

sparrow06

Ok, i will try this tomorrow. thanks man.

I would put the gyro in DIR mode and make sure your servo arms are all at 90º to the links at mid stick in idle up. Any time you make a change to the helicopter, this should be the first thing you do. Not all servos are created equal and the pot in the servo that measures center may be just a bit off from the other ones. So one servo's center will not the the other's center. I hope that makes sense lol.

I would also recheck your pitch both positive and negative to make sure they are the same as well.

zenmetsu

One of these days, digital servos will actually be digital and use an optical encoder instead of an analog potentiometer.

sparrow06

Still tilting right when i tried to lift this from the ground. i did check all the pitch of both blade, level the swash plate did the DIR and TAIL set up. oh man the only thing i didn't do is update the firmware, but i don't think having the old firmware is the reason for all of this. here is the picture of the heli and maybe you'll spot some wrong with it.
question: when using it that status led is green and that gov is red right?
IMG_2342-X2.jpg

IMG_2337-X2.jpg

IMG_2344-X2.jpg

IMG_2348-X2.jpg

IMG_2337-L.jpg

IMG_2342-L.jpg

IMG_2343-L.jpg

IMG_2344-L.jpg

IMG_2347-L.jpg

IMG_2346-L.jpg

Tony

Staff member
Are you sure your swash is level? In the second to last pic it looks like the swash is tilting to the back and maybe to the right just slightly. But a LOT to the rear. Where are your pots set on the gyro? You may not have enough gain in the ele and ail.

sparrow06

Are you sure your swash is level? In the second to last pic it looks like the swash is tilting to the back and maybe to the right just slightly. But a LOT to the rear. Where are your pots set on the gyro? You may not have enough gain in the ele and ail.

The swash is level. those picture was taken right after i came from outside to try to hover it. what is the gyro pots? and ele and aileron gain? is that the one you adjust from the top of the 3GX?

Top Bottom