Spektrum DX9/AR7200BX nitro governor setup......Please help

Roman77

I am fairly new to the hobby and this is my first post. I have been searching the forums and can't seem to find the answers I am looking for. I have a freshly built Synergy N5c w/ an OS 55 HZ-R DRS.....I have not even fired this thing up. I am to scared too do so until I know I am not going to blow the motor. I am running the AR7200BX and have the Spektrum rpm/governor sensor. The only guys locally that I have met run Futaba and really can't help with my Spektrum/Beast X set-up. I have gone through the parameter menu and the governor menu on the AR7200BX and have it setup per the instructions, I also verified by turning over the motor by hand that the sensor is working/sensing the crank.....so here are my ?'s.

How does the sensor work? (I was told that it is not actually a governor like others on the market)
The DX9 governor menu just has percentages for flight modes(Normal, Stunt 1 & Stunt 2). How do I know what % to set to get a certain Head Speed/RPM......like 1850 or 2000???
What should my RPM/Head Speeds be???.......I can kind of do fly-bys, so 3D is not even a factor.
What should my throttle curves be in the DX9??
Does anyone have any suggestions on a tried & true break-in method?

Tony

Staff member
I will have to do some checking on mist of hi our questions. Don't have the computer here with me right now. But as for break in, leave the needles alone, it should be set to break in settings take the blades off and fire it up. Set your idle so that it's not really spinning the head. Once you get your gov set up, leave the blades off and you can test the gov. Your throttle curves will be flat, I do remember that. I will try to get more info when I get home but don't be scared of it. That is how most accidents happen.

Bud

Tony i have dx18 and ar7210...i turned on governor n radio n-0 iu1 10 iu2 20..set throttle curve to normal linear iu1 52 straight across iu2 55 straight across.does this look good to you..pinion 11 teeth mg 87...

Bud

Also went to governor menu in ar7210 and turned gov on.set low and high throttle etc.what expert gov section apply to??

Tony

Staff member
I can't remember what the BX wants for a throttle curve, but IU1 and IU2 need more of a spread. And you should use a straight curve on Normal as well, otherwise you will be hitting different governors when flying in normal.

Tony

Staff member
Nevermind, just read the N5.

Since this is a nitro, you definitely want to run a governor in normal mode. Something like 1700 for normal is fine, but I would run 1800 as I do on my 600 Align Nitro. IU1 is 2000 and IU2 is 2150. But I"m using an ikon. If I was at my house, I would look into these settings for you to find exactly what you need, but I'm hundreds of miles from the house unfortunately.

Bud

Ok your help is greatly appreciated..ar7210 has not much on utube..called horizon twice for help but no returned call..any info u can help would be great..

Tony

Staff member
After thinking about it today, I never actually was able to setup the governor on the BX. I didn't have the correct sensor. On the Ikon (what I currently have on my nitro 600), it takes the Align sensor, you just have to swap two wires.

I would just give it a shot, but make sure to use a flat curve, like 0 40 40 40 40 for normal. Of course, the 40 should be adjusted to your head speed that you are looking for. Unlike the Ikon, the BX doesn't have a box where you can say "run 2125 RPM". It's a little more of a guessing game that is all controlled by throttle percentage.

Bud

Ok tried 0 40 -40-40-40..it gave me full throttle at about 1/4 throttle..in normal mode..there must be a setting between throttle and gov that i am not aware of..

Bud

When i turn gov off n 7210 throttle works good..i have st1 at 52 st 2 at 72 all work fine...set normal 0-25-50-75-100...

Tony

Staff member
Most governors will go to full throttle until it reaches the set head rpm. Then it will back off. Did you have the engine running when it did this?

Bud

Dx 18 has governor catagory in it.when sensor is plugged in to aux2/rpm and governor n radio on it shows up on monator screen and when flip switch it does move ..

Tony

Staff member
Give it a shot with no blades on it, including tail blades, just to see what the throttle does. It should shoot up at full throttle, and then come back down. Same with IU1 and IU2.

Top Bottom