Spektrum DX8 slave for RF!

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Last night I got together with Kiel (Wolfman76) on RF. before we got started I was messing around with my DX8 trying to set it up on the RF. When I had it hooked up I noticed that on the tx monitor, when I throttled up on the stick the cyclic stick went down and to the right by itself! Is this supposed to happen? The interlink tx doesn't do it! Hmmmmm I said. Lol. I did not have the time to mess with it last night so maybe one of you big time RCers can tell me how to set up my DX8 on my RF!

By the way we had loads of fun flying together. Next time lets get some more of us on there! Two people was a riot! More would be insane! We were doing some combat flying. It was so much fun shooting at each other! Then we climbed to about 59,000 feet! Took forever. Oh well.

Tony

Staff member
You have to go into the controller menu and remap the sticks, then calibrate them. I never wanted to spend that much time on something like that, so I never went any further. didn't like the feel of it.

and 59k? I hit 250k... But I was in a jet that was MUCH faster than stock lmao. I think I had 32 engines on it...

Tony

Staff member
Hey just an update to this sam. I do plan on getting RF again because I think it's a MUCH BETTER sim than Phoenix even with the money to upgrade. I will be getting it again and when I do, I will do a full write up on setting up the DX8. I will put it on my lappy here at the base, and given the fact that I dont' do anything here but sit on the computer, I will take some time to do a quick video of how to set it all up.

mainly, I just want to fly with those that have this sim. I do miss flying on there with you guys.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Sounds great Tony. I just figure that if I'm going to attempt to fly my t rexes then I should do the sim time with my dx8 and not the futaba style RF controller! Lol. Let me know.

wolfman76

OUTSTANDING!!!! i will need to know also seeing as i will be getting the dx8 very soon also.. Can't wait to take the sr-71 too its peak again maybe with sam this time.. lol

Tony

Staff member
Bro, this is happening. I ordered it this morning and will have it early next week. That will give me the week to learn how to get a GOOD setup on it and I will make the video of what I did to help you guys out. I LOVE RF and never should have thought about getting Phoenix. But, I have them both now and will deal with it lol. Phoenix will be fun for those that want to all fly together. RF is also fun to fly together, but better for learning IMO. I can't wait.

Tony

Staff member
It will be next weekend. Supposed to be here Monday or Tuesday. I will also be getting some other bits to make the 600 look a little better. Afterall, it's a mantle piece and it needs to look good... lmao

Tony

Staff member
I received an email from TowerHobbies.com and they stated that my package had shipped. I looked at it, adn it will be here tomorrow (Friday). So I will have it this weekend! w00t!!!

Tony

Staff member
It will take me a while to get the DX8 setup, but I will be working on it. It's still showing on time even with the weather so still should have it tomorrow.

Tony

Staff member
well crap, it's showing a delay on UPS' site. So I may not get it for a while. It's showing to be in Kansas where they just got dumped on with this latest storm. ah well, I drove truck for a decade and keeping the drivers safe is number 1 in my book. I will get it eventually.

wolfman76

no kidding iwhen i was driving for fedex home delivery i delivered to a guy that bought a double basin kitchen sink when i showed up with it he began to tell me that he had just got off the website checking on its delivery status and it told him it was not gonna be there for another 3 weeks HMMMMM kinda strange seeing i was there delivering it... lol

Tony

Staff member
Trust me, it was delayed. Kansas got pounded on with snow. New arrival date is Monday.

Tony

Staff member
Okay, have the DX8 hooked up and it's working GREAT!!! Found out a little trick that I had to do. But, there is more testing to be done unfortunately. Since we have to set it up as a heli, things on a plane are a little messed up. As stated, I'm working on it. Will post some videos when I'm done with it.

Top Bottom