Spektrum DX8 On the way :D

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Would they really be that strick about power output? Seams like they would not have the man power to mess with you!

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
I really think that lee you should be ok. Look on other forums .. Are people there not using dx8's.. ? I don't thing you'll be interrogated..

"so what kinda power are you running on that tx.." ?? Lol

Tony

Staff member
I'm sure they have the same meters we have here in the states. If you are caught here without a license to operate something that strong, it's a pretty big fine. Here in the states, it's regulated by the FCC. Not sure what it is over in Eu.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Tony... I know there are these rules. And there are meters they can use.. Until ad unless you are not obstructing any real security threat thing.. You are undetected. You fly over by the ocean, they don't even have the stupid cellphone towers facing the ocean. So ... Basically.. I mean I flew when there was a rc ban when the "big dude" was here in Dallas..

I mean it's your choice.. I would just find out lee of people are using it or not around you.. . If they are...

Else... You will be loosing an amazing tx man!! Just sayin.

Marc

Gaba - I agree with you that more than likely operating the radio at 200mw vice 100mw will probably be undetected. I use to play around with CBs and HAM radios trying to get the most out of them and often exceeding the legal limit, but never over 100-200watts. I lived in Orlando Florida at the time and the enforcement guys there were more worried about signals around the 1Kwatt range for private stuff. They seemed more concerned with who was exceeding power or operating a commercial radio station without a license, there's more money in those fines.

I think there is something to Lee's last post however. If he had an accident, think of one involving a human vs. model, the lawyers of the injured would make sure that if there was anything they could use against him they would. Worst case scenario if the injured died and they could prove the accident was a result of his negligence by not adhering to the law or rules he could serve jail time? I'm not a lawyer and don't know if that's really possible, but I wouldn't want to risk it.

Also as an AMA member I believe if you are flying outside of their guidelines the insurance benefit won't be paid out. I'm sure most other insurances are similar.

I think spending the extra money to convert the radio to legal use or send it back for a new one in the end would be far less than if there was an accident or possible fine for over power.

Lee - I'm sorry I picked up my DX8... I would have bought yours from you if I hadn't already!

RCD

Glencairn Drone
I just looked on my DX8 and you cant change the signal setting :( I wonder why you can do it with the DX6i and not DX8? If i didnt get my DX8 so recently, i probably would have bought it off of you to. lol

Lee

Its all good guys. I'm going to have it converted when i return home> As for now i just uploaded the MCPX setting from the team pilots into my radio in less than 5 seconds. Now it flys like a hummingbird on crack :D I totally new bird.
I already love this radio. :)

Tony

Staff member
Dammit Lee, SHUTUP! Your going to make me purchase one and I only have one nad left after buying all of these planes hahahahaha

Tony

Staff member
I'm using your credit card if I do hahaha. But i have thought about selling the 6i and getting it. It would take some of the pain away from that huge price tag.

Lee

The only reason i got mine was that i sold the DX6I and the 450 for the price it cost me to get the DX8

Top Bottom