Spektrum DX8 On the way :D

Lee

Just ordered one from BigSky Hobby Store.
Cheapest i could find on the web.
Should be here on the 17th. Very excited. Also ordered a new main motor for my MCPX.

Lee

Thanks Gaba,
What you been up to?? Haven't seen a video from you in a long time. You polishing your skills then going to slap us with some smackdown 3D???

Lee

Well i will use them for camera gear. But mainly the other features/ programming and telemetry will be what i'm interested in. This will be my long term radio now. Although for FPV, i might get a Turnigy X9 with mods for long radio range.

Lee

Guys i was so excited yesterday to get my DX8. The excitement faded quickly when i discovered that the radio is only legal in the US!!!!! On the old DX6I you could change the region setting from US to EU. On the DX8 you cannot. It is fixed to US region???? So now i don't know what to do. I have a shiny $400 box thats illegal in europe. I have sent an email to Horizon Hobby. Lets see what they say. Nowhere have i seen literature in regards to regional restrictions for this radio.
Very Frustrated.

murankar

Staff member
Hope things work out for you. It would be a shame that you spent that kind of money and cant use it to fly. Good luck!!

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
I know there is eu settings thing... But what is that for? I mean what does it mean legal? Frequencies? Will they detect it? Explain!! ;)

Hope it works out man!

Lee

The US radios have an output of 200Mw but the EU is regulated to 100 Mw. So i could use it in the EU but if something happened like an accident or something, i would be in big trouble for using a non certified EU radio.
It`s so stupid. The DX6I can be changed on the radio but not the DX8????

Tony

Staff member
I'm sure it can be changed somehow. May be a mechanical pot on the board, but I'm sure it can be done.

Lee

Ok well i'll see what HH say and if they can't help me, you have first option Sam.

Lee

The good news is. Horizon can update it to the EU settings. Bad news is it will cost me more than $70. So I will use it here then decide whether to sell it here and get another in the UK or just keep it and change it at a later date.

Tony

Staff member
In all honesty, if you still have your 6i, I would sell the 8, or return it to HH. I don't know about EU, but here the fine for over powering your transmissions is quite high. And there are vehicles around that are looking for signals. Just my opinion, but I would sell or return. Either way, you can still do it as NEW. If you happen to drop that thing, then you will cut the price by 1/4...

Lee

But to return it now will cost me $50 or more + the $50 to have it posted in the first place. So I would be out of pocket $100. Cheaper to have it fixed when i return to the UK.

Top Bottom