Spektrum dx8 customization

Lee

Sweet. Well i need to replace a broken switch. When i do, I may get the spray paint out. :D

Westy

LEGEND
Man that looks smart!

You should have done a how to!!! I would have been interested to find out how people do cool things like that!

wolfman76

i have alot of photos of the process i took them step by step from start to finish just have not posted them yet... i will soon as i do the final video showing it and i will explain what i did in each photo

Ya that looks great dude what do u mean 5 colors im only seeing 2 red & blue i must of missed the previous pic where can i find them? Like previously discussed i plan on opening my DX7S soon so i can do a backlight conversion on it and then at the same time ill be airbrushing it just have to decide on how many colors and what colors to do what does everyone think? I am going to spray a canopy on my Trex 450 pro and gonna use frisking film to make align logos to make a ghost type effect with them then the main color scheme will be a flat black for a stealth like look with maybe somesort of design or zig zags with nasking tape to have pearl red or purple show thru. So for the tx was thinking of doing the same ghost effect with DX7S logos on it but not sure on the part whether i want gloss, pearl or flat for main color. Any suggestions? I will do as close as possible to a how to with pics if i can aswell when i do. What does everyone want clarification on in a how to pictorial itll be my first time but still ill do my best and i also want to show ya'll the switch knob covers i got that come in 3 dufferent colors of choice for themred, blue, and green anodized and thentn the me for the little washer nuts that secure each knob switch too. I have a cover cap on each of my 7 knobs on my tx roght now and after i painy it should look even better if my hopes are

Westy

LEGEND
Hey Tommyboy! Looks like we are in the minority and both have/getting DX7s Transmitters. I am still waiting for mine and the day I get it .... I will be doing the backlight mod. I am also going to be working with the electronics engineer that designed and manufactures the Universal Battery saver alarm and also the AV timer.

See my vids on those installs in my Spektrum mods playlist here.

Anyway I plan on working closely with him to develop the system so that you the backlight will turn off after 15 seconds unless you press a button and it will reset the timer. Sorry all others not trying to jack the thread...

Yes good idea, i had kinda thought of installing an 8th switch on mine but diy myself via radioshack so if i do do it then just on/off type but after recieving my 4000mah replacement off ebay $30 lipo for the tx i am kinda thinkin that why cuz it will easily last alot longer than multiple flight with my heli being as i only own 4 batteries currently for trex 450 and recently purchased blade 450 e
3d idk though havent tested either heli out nor are they finished cuz am thinkin of leds for both and maybe diy night blades too and tails and whoknows maybe even go all oyt customizing my tx with leds at the time of painting too cuz i enjoy blue leds & a few on the tx to accent & even a few of the white up on top of the tx as headlight type deals to just be therecuz leds barely rewuire anything for power so it might be cool who knows. Again anyone with opinions onanything for tx customization ie paint color, type, gloss, or flat, & leds or not, what is even the stock battery life as far as using it on a DX7S is? Anyone know life on a lipo 4000mah when stock used to be 2000nicad? Sorry im the type that buys something then customizes it then uses it so yes even though ive owned it for over a month and a half along with a trex 450 pro that i bought already built and updated to the 3gx plus new scorpuoion faster motor with all the extra parts and stock that came with it i went out & spent an additional over $450 on getting everything else possible for it including tool kits battery charger that jooks to my laptop i mean everything so basically after i build it again ill have enough extra parts to build atleast 2 more with the included stock motor and gyro and servos and another motor,2nd xtra gyro, and even more additional servos but yet have yet to fly it cuz i havent known how to setup the correct settings for the gyro or tx ( ps if someone could help with the setup and setting required for the 3gx gyro fbl system trex 450 pro with my spektrum DX7S it would be greatly appreciated) my LHS WANTS LIKE$150 to find a guy to set them up for me and i really cant justify that much towards someone just for knowledhe of settings but am willing to pay someones time alittle if they where to help me cuz i know time isnt free just not all the way to $150 cuz that just seems high or am i wrong? Thats why ive newly purchased should be here by wednesday the blade 450 3d cuz of supposed ease of bnf with my tx and battery. Btw anyone wants a bigger first time heli the Blade 450 ed is only $229.00 on ebay bnf brand newif yoy just type and search without the filters on if need help finding it just ask. So all u need is a tx and battery.plus charger and the box has the rest. Then just download the files for tx from horizon honby.com or blades website for tx and fly right away, hope its truely that easy when it arrives again any opinions on it now? Or suggestions or input or anything?

Westy

LEGEND
Whew ... that was hard to read :) /....... was like watching the Matrix code flashing in front of my eyes after while!

That is why we invented Paragraphs and sentences to make things easier to read.

Re your 3GX set up .. Post a new thread in the 450, GYRO or SPektrum Radio section of the forum and we will all dive in and help!

Cheers

Sorry to you & everyone. I typed it off my phone cuz i thought it would've been alot shorter. Thank you for your advise, i will do that but try to use atleast my 4th grade puncuation skills if not 5th lol.

While i was typing via android on the last it kept flashing & for some reason i didnt feel it necessary to pickup my laptop that so happened to be right next to me, maybe i need to do an android forum how-to-not video on long forum typings and puncuation of a 2nd grader. But atleast i stayed wuthin the lines, i'd be a genius if i messed that one up.

wolfman76

i put a video of the flip color on the first page 7th post that the back plate is painted in i and trying to post all the pics right now

Top Bottom