450 DFC very sensitive

Tony

Staff member
I'm not a futaba guy, so all I know is what I read. From what I read though, you should have negative expo. Positive will make the helicopter VERY twitchy. I'm hoping a futaba guy will come in here and post up that knows how to set these up.

Ok Tony , it flew much better this morning but still a little twitchy , so when I go into expo on the radio for each channel , arrow up and arrow down for each channel , it came with arrow up -35 and arrow down o , I now have arrow down -35 and arrow up +35 but u are saying I shouldn't have any + expo is that right?

So I took of the positive from the expo and added another 5% negative and Bham! I hovered it for a hole pack......IN MY LIVING ROOM.....lol , I think I'm getting there now , with all my Helis I don't take them outside untill I have total control over them! I am now getting more confident with the Trex and I'm ready for the outdoors , woooohooo let's fly this Bad boy,thanks again Tony

murankar

Staff member
I wouldn't recommend hovering in the house. Now if you have lots of room then maybe but still not recommended. I have had bad things happen while testing my spool up and almost injured myself. Gaba had a very bad thing happen to his warp while in his house. Tony had an issue while indoors but that was during setup. If you want to learn how to control the heli please do it outside for safety sake.

Nice to hear that you got it figured out though.

pj1969

Maybe check your expo settings in you radio?? I had my 600 set up by a guy and he flys by the seat of his pants and set the expo to -15% if you want to soften up the sticks, try settings of +30/+40 on ELEV, AILE,RUDD. I started off on +30 and now fly at +5, next step with be INH. Just a suggestion which worked for me

Tony

Staff member
pj, he is using Futaba. Futaba softens the sticks in the negatives, not the positives like Spektrum and JR.

pj1969

AHHHH!!! sorry mate didnt see that, heres me assuming EVERYBODY runs spektrum. In that case reverse all i said haha -it all.

Tony

Staff member
Tail wag, you need to go into your gyro menu on your Tx and turn it down about 5% and try it again. Keep doing this until the wag stops.

Tony

Staff member
that has to do with your throttle curve. This is why I suggested a 0 40 65 65 65 throttle curve. If you are comparing this helicopter to a fixed pitch, yes, they have a much higher head speed.

Not comparing it to a fixed pitch , I have the 2 walkeras which are cp but the head speed on the Align seems a lot higher , also the nose is very gently and slowly wanting to turn right , I've tried adding a little trim but that just makes the nose creep to the right ?

Tony

Staff member
You should NEVER trim anything on a flybarless helicopter. You should also NEVER trim the tail on any helicopter other than a piezoelectric gyro. All of your trimming will be done in DIR mode and only use SubTrim in teh Tx. Never use those trim tabs on the face of the Tx.

Tony

Staff member
You need to first go into DIR mode and 90º your tail servo to the linkage rod. Then, you need to center the slider on teh tail shaft by adjusting the linkage rod. All of this is done in the DIR menu. Once you do that, you will need to completely go through the Rudder setup in the 3GX so that you can reset all of your parameters. All of this is on video if that helps you more. Just click on the link below.

Rc-Help - 3GX How-To

Tony

Staff member
You can not make any subtrim changes without being in the DIR setup menu, and every time you change something like that, you MUST completely go through the Dir and Rudder setup process.

It flew great this morning although it still had a little bit of tail wag so I turned the gyro gain down another 5% and it still wants to gently and slowly turn right but other than that it was good progress and is now tamed down via the main man Tonys setting recommendations , just need to iron out these small issues and I will be ready for 3D........NOT!

Top Bottom