450 DFC very sensitive

Hey guys , I've been flying walkeras and have just moved to Align Helis and I must say the DFC system is very sensitive to the slightest of stick I puts , I'm tottally enjoying the new challenge of mastering the DFC , finally getting it down after the 1st day of setting it up and flying / adjusting / flying / adjusting ect lol

Tony

Staff member
What is your collective pitch set at? How many degrees? Should be somewhere around 10º if this is your first CCPM heli.

Tony

Staff member
No, you will put your pitch gauge on the blades and put it to full collective and check your pitch. I'm wondering what your full positive and negative pitch is set at.

Sparse

thats half the problem i had with my crash, when the guys set it up at the hobby shop it had 12.5 cp on it, wee you live and learn after i finish the build and SETUP MYSELF i will then go to the field and have sombody help me with the radio part. never again will i leave my heli to get worked on were i can not be there and learn whats going on and how to do things. Im not saying its there fault i crashed. I know they were only trying to help but im a beginner there is no reason in the world my cp should have been 12.5, they know im new to cp in general. im at the lhs more than im home. so with a mix of me and them i and in the middle of a rebuild. so the point is just take your time go slow ask questions and learn as you go if somebody does something and your not sure ask them what they did and why. that way you wont find your self in the same situation im in and honestly we all crash.

Ok , I'm in the process of gathering all the tools and equipment needed and have yet to purchase a pitch gauge , it's next on my list :orange:

Both my Walkeras are cp and I'm flying them ok , I no it's just a matter of set up but I thought the trex was gonna fly so much better than the Walkeras as it's also (RTF ) or so they say lol

Stambo

It could be as simple as setting some dual rate and expo in your transmitter.
I found that made a HUGE difference to me when I was learning.

But as Tony said, check your pitch first.

What's a good normal pitch curve and a good normal throttle curve to start with?.... My normal pitch is set at .....1=44%.....2=52%......3=74%......4=84%.......5=93%..... That doesn't seem right to me and my normal throttle is ....1=0%......2=44%.......3=65%.......4=85%.....5=100% ..... Any ideas anyone? Thanks guys

This dude has recommended for a softer heli as a learning curve a throttle curve of 0-40-85-85-100 and a pitch curve of 35-42-50-75-100 , I just want to calm it down and not have it so twitchy and sensitive

Tony

Staff member
What are you wanting to make softer, cyclic or collective? If cyclic, then adding some expo, like 35% will tame it down. However, if you are wanting to soften the collective, then the only way to do that is to lower the pitch of the blades.

Yeeh it's the cyclic Tony , I have programmed in your throttle and pitch settings and also added some expo , the expo was set at -30 .... I also lowered the D/R is that a good move?

Tony

Staff member
What Tx are you using. If you have told me before, I apologize. I read a LOT of posts every day lol.

Tony

Staff member
If it's still too sensitive, raise the expo just a bit more. Do this in 5% incriments until you get a feel that you like. This is one of the things that only you can set to your liking, all we can do is suggest starting settings. Let us know how it goes when you put it in the air. Just remember, a CCPM helicopter is like a marble on a sheet of glass, it's always going to move no matter how much setup you do.

I've got the expo set at ch 1 high +35 low 0 channel 2 high +35 low 0 and D/R on 1&2 high 100% low 60% , does that sound about right ? Thanks Tony

Tony

Staff member
above you posted that you set it in the negatives? What one is it? for futaba, from what I Have found, you need to be in the negatives. Also, check out my 3GX setup videos, most notably the flight mode settings. This will also help tame the heli down.

Ok so I got wrong the expo should be -35 and + 35 ? I am trying to understand all this lol

- - - Updated - - -

Ok in expo channel 1 arrow pointing up -35 arrow pointing down +35 the same for channel 2 , I think I'm in danger of getting lost here

- - - Updated - - -

Ok in expo channel 1 arrow pointing up -35 arrow pointing down +35 the same for channel 2 , I think I'm in danger of getting lost here

Top Bottom