600 Derek's Align Trex 600e Pro DFC

Derek

Thanks for that, Tony! You are right! Having the tx set to 1 servo, there is no swashplate menu. There is so much that i'm still learning as I go.

Derek

Well, my turnbuckles arrived yesterday for my 600 Pro DFC. I have to say, the shipping my Heli Option (in Hong Kong) was pretty fast. 10 days, I think, from the time of order to the time of delivery. The turnbuckles look really good. I'm anxious to get them installed.

Derek

So, I'm sitting here, installing the new titanium turnbuckles that I ordered from Heli Option. So far so good..until now. I just popped on one of the ball links to the ball linkage and I was surprised that the movement isn't as smooth nor as free as with the Align parts that were previously installed. Is this normal for this tightness? Is there a way to "free it up" a little bit or should I just let it go and just assume that they will work appropriately?

Tony

Staff member
Are you talking about the plastic ends on teh balls? If so, can you not use the align plastic ends? If no, then you are going to need to get a reamer tool. It needs to be very smooth when it moves, but not so loose that it's risking falling off.

Derek

Right...that's what I thought, too! Unfortunately, I cannot use the Align ball links. I did try. I guess I'll be going to the hobby store to get a reaming tool. The ball linkage pops into the ball link with a bit of difficulty, no worries there. It's just that the entire thing, the ball link, linkage, and linkage rod do not move freely/smoothly. It's just too tight. Thanks for confirming that, Tony!

Derek

The 600 manual suggests to put the ball linkage onto the servo arm in the outer most hole. That's fine and dandy but I see that the linkage rods are not straight up and down. Obviously the elevator linkage is straight up and down because it's a rocker arm. However, the Aileron and Pitch linkages are leaned forward a bit from the servo arm to the swash plate.

Should I move the linkages to the inner hole so that that linkages are straight up and down or would I be better off to just leave them as the manual suggests?

Slobberdog

Does it give you a measurement Derek, it normally says X mm from centre of servo hole to ball, check to see if it does and what you have

- - - Updated - - -

Derek just looked at the manual on line and it says outer hole for flybar inner hole for FBL, hope this helps

Derek

There is no specific measurement given in the printed manual that I have from the Align website. That manual just says, "use outer hole".

Slobberdog

Sorry Derek, I pulled up the 600e pro manual first time and that states as I said above but the DFC manual states as you said, but go on a few pages and it shows a picture of the complete setup and the links are at an angle in that picture, so got to be ok I guess.

Derek

That's for certain! I surely don't mind taking my time and doing everything correctly with this one, at all. It's much bigger than my 500...twice the voltage, longer blades...just bigger bigger bigger. However, I don't mind all this at all because I'm learning something new each time I tinker on it. I'm still a happy guy!!!

Slobberdog

I hear you Derek, but man you have a lot more patience than I do, I would have been itching to get it in the air the minute I got the thing.

build sounds epic though, cant wait to see maiden.

Derek

I have a great deal of patience with most everything that I do. Yes, I want to fly this thing so bad but I also want to make 100% sure that I've done all that I can so that I know the helicopter is ready.

This is off topic of the thread, but talking about patience...have you seen my video that I shared about my new Blue Cub STOL? I spent nearly 4 months on that plane, lol.

Derek

Ok.....thanks guys! Once I get the reaming tool for the ball joints, I'll reinstall everything to the inner holes.

Derek

Tony....I'm having some difficulty locating the reamer that you were talking about for the ball links. I looked at the Align site, as well as A Main Hobbies. I can't even find a part number/item number.

Can anyone help me find a ball link reamer for the ball links for my 600 efl pro dfc?

Thank you!

Top Bottom