Setups Derek's 1.3ghz FPV Experience

wolfman76

The ferrite ring would be all three wires together I have ferrite rings that came stock on my 6v becs. I think it help reduce the magnetic field or sumthin I am only guessing but I think that is why

Last edited:

Lee

Yeh Braiding is the correct lingo :D
think of it like swell in the sea. When its all in line the waves get bigger.
If the swell comes from various angles (braided) they cancel each other out.

Once you have braided them, you can then wrap it round a ferrite ring to reduce RF noise even further.

Derek

Thanks for that, Lee! That makes sense to me. I have to work tonight but after tonight I'll be off work for 7 days. I'll work on the braiding.

I appreciate it!!!

Derek

Ok...finally back to working on my FPV wing....and my vacation is almost over...figures.

Anyway....I have the two servo wires braided...they look rather good. I wasn't sure if I needed to braid the wires for the ESC and the BEC, so I braided them anyway.

Now...I will have a rather lengthy stretch of servo wire that comes off my vtx to the battery/component tray. Do I need to braid those wires, too? Will RF interference mess with the video wires?

Lee

I don't know how much it effects things, but i braid every wire.
Look at my QAV500, you will see the motor wires are braided too.

Tasajara

Do you need a 1.3 GHz 9.5dBic 5 Turn RHCP Helical Antenna... I sold my TX and RX's but not my Antenna
Make you a Great deal on it.

Derek

Do you need a 1.3 GHz 9.5dBic 5 Turn RHCP Helical Antenna... I sold my TX and RX's but not my Antenna
Make you a Great deal on it.

I've got to honest with you, buddy, I don't know much about the antennas. I have a set of ibcrazy blue beams. I have been shopping around for a better vrx antenna. I would absolutely love to get into some long range fpv. How far would your helical antenna take me? I am interested in your helical antenna. I wouldn't even know what to offer you.

Tasajara

They sell for $64.95 + shipping
I would sell it for $30 + shipping if you think you might want it.

here is what it looks like, I added a little extra hot glue on the cable so it would not move on the base

5 turn helical 2.jpg5 turn helical.JPG

5 turn helical 2.jpg

5 turn helical.JPG

Derek

I think I'm very interested in that antenna. I can handle $30 plus shipping. Send me a PM with the total dollar amount and a Paypal address and I'll send the money within 24 hours. I work 12 hour shifts so I may not get your PM right away but I am definitely interested. Thank you, Craig! I will PM you my mailing address so that you can calculate the shipping costs.

Derek

I checked the tracking number on the post office website. They are showing the delivery today. I'll be outside awaiting the post-lady to make her route, lol.

Derek

My new antenna is here. Very well packaged. You did a great job with the box, Craig!

Thanks again!!

Derek

I just happen to think about something that has me concerned. It might just be nothing at all. I have my FPV wing all done and set up with the electronics and the control surfaces all working properly.

I have my video tx and antenna on the left wing, not far from the wing tip. Then I have the 72mhz Futaba tx on the right wing, not far from the tip. With my Futaba tx that close to the tip, I have the long antenna poking through the vertical stab on the right wing and it will just flop around in the breeze as I'm flying.

My question is: is this OK to do? Will I have any issues with reception? Or, should I move the Futaba tx away from the wing tip, therefore allowing more antenna to be secured to the wing?

Perhaps I need to post a video that actually shows my layout and displays my question in better detail.

What do you think?

murankar

Staff member
I would secure the antenna just to be safe. I don't think it would matter but with the way radio waves radiate it might be wise.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Derek

I'll post a short video when I get home that gives an overview of the whole wing and the layout of the electronics.

Top Bottom