600 Dan's Trex 550e PRO DFC build thread.

danhampson

finished off the rest of the set up. running +/- 13° collective and +/- 8° cyclic, so im ready for maiden the only problem is the weather now, after a week of sunshine its now pouring down (just my luck) might have a quick test spool in the garden if there is a break in the weather

Slobberdog

Sod's law mate, could be a few days (S Wales) before we get some better weather, hope it passes for you quicker, so you can play,

danhampson

i hope so too, its looking like i might be in south wales in august for a week camping with the missus and kids.

what is it with castle creations, they give you a code for a free castle like and when you enter it its invalid, Ahhhh!!! Ive mailed them with a photo of the coupon and a copy of the invoice for the 550, we'll see what happens.

danhampson

cheers kev. i'll copy the mail and send it to her. I just thought the Trex invoice would just prove the date that the talon was purchased and that it was part of the kit.

Have you had to pay for postage kev?

Slobberdog

No mate, they do send it first class intl but that's like the slow boat so can take between 10 to 20 working days I was told, just wait and see for me,

danhampson

I've just received a mail from castle saying that my castle link will be mailed today.

Maidened the 550 earlier and all I can say is wow. She feels super stable faster than the protos but slower at the same time. Maiden is on video and will be posted later on today after a bit of editing.

Slobberdog

WooT WooT, glad you got a break in the weather otherwise you would have been chewing your finger nails waiting.

danhampson

yeah they are a bit small the manual says 2600-5200mah. they are the batteries from the protos (2650mah). i will be ordering a couple of 5000mah next week and making up a para lead so i can use 2 packs at once (2650mah x 2) but i need to order some more ec5 connectors when i order batteries.
I forgot to set the timer on the second flight and flew one of the packs for about 5 mins but it didnt hit LVC so all's good came down at 3.3v per cell lol, Stock LVC on the castle is 3.2

Slobberdog

With reading about the cog probs of the 550 it must have been miles out with the small battery, most have gone for the heavy 5200 packs to get the cog better,

That's what could have been causing you to think you needed more flip rate in the video.

danhampson

cg doesnt really seem that bad with the 2650 pushed right forward but it is hanging off the front of the battery tray.
took me a while to get the battery position some where close to right 5000mah will make it so much easier.
Flight 2 video added.

Last edited:

danhampson

Yesterday I sent a couple of emails to castle regarding the invalid code for the castle link I've received two emails and tracking numbers (both different) for the castle links so it's looking like they have posted two links out to me.

danhampson

ive run into a problem guys ive installed the phase sensor, calibrated the throttle endpoints in the talon and enabled the governor in the brain. on the bench everything worked fine, talon armed hs's showed perfect in the software

i took her to the field to see how the hs are. And the talon won't arm. i thought it might be the governor so turned it off and altered my throttle curve in normal mode to see if it would arm and still no joy.

cml001

Check your aux settings in the castle software.. Is external gov selected there and on the setup page? Did you have low stick when u tried? Need to see a 0% throttle input to arm I believe. Not sure.

Last edited:
Top Bottom