600 Dan's Trex 550e PRO DFC build thread.

danhampson

After alot of research over the last week, ive made a decision and pulled the trigger on a 550 pro dfc after reading horror stories about tail gear failure on the 600 pro dfc, The company who ive bought it from remove unwanted parts and reduce the cost of the kit. The parts that ive had removed are 3GX and rudder servo.

the specs of the kit are as follows.

trex 550 pro dfc kit
550mm 3g carbon main blades
90mm carbon tail blades
730mx 850kv brushless motor
ds615 x3 (cyclic servos)
cc talon 90

in addition to the standard parts
savox sh1290mg (rudder servo)
MSH brain
2 spektrum sats
hv bluetooth module
hobbywing phase sensor
castle bec pro (im going to install this as ive also read about bec failures on the cc talon 90)

The kit should be with me tomorrow at some point and the build will start tomorrow evening as ive got this week off work.

danhampson

lol. Ive had my DV camera sat here since just after i wrote the protos off and not had chance to try it out. ive been thinking about doing a POV unboxing. And will be taking lots of pics of the build progress.

Im like a kid waiting for chirstmas.

cml001

Ain't it tho.. Said it before and I'll say it again.. We are just a bunch of crack heads! Lol.. Good luck with the build.. I was gonna do pics and video of mine.. But it's taken too long for the build and I always forget to shoot pics..lol

Slobberdog

Is it finished yet,

Is it finished yet,

Is it finished yet,

Is it finished yet,

Is it finished yet,

Is it finished yet,

HeHeHeHeHeHeHeHeHeHeHeHeHeHeHeHeHeHeHeHeHeHeHeHe........

Slobberdog

Dude pulling your leg, you've done the easy bits, now the fun begins, the frames the wires that have to be just so, and well you get the picture, sometimes wish I had gone for the 550, but I do like the 500 and that's big enough for me at the moment.

oh by the way,

You finished yet!!!!!!!!!!

danhampson

plodding on with the build. servos, motor, boom block installed in the frames. going to have a look at the wiring now for the port side.

having some issues uploading photos i'll try and do a job lot later.

danhampson

well she all together.

IMG_20140521_204743.jpg

IMG_20140521_204802.jpg

IMG_20140521_204834.jpg

all mechanical setup is done and most of the brain setup as well, everything is moving and correcting in the right directions ive just got to set 0 pitch and max collective and cyclic. ive not installed the bec pro or the phase sensor due to the stupid built in fittings on the talon 90, i think that im going to wait until i get another ESC (thinking about a YGE 120hv). Im looking to finish the setup in the next day or two ready for a weekend maiden.

IMG_20140521_204743.jpg

IMG_20140521_204802.jpg

IMG_20140521_204834.jpg

danhampson

it was a really easy built Cam, the only issue i ran into was the gear mesh on the front umbrella gears was a little slack so i used a 0.2mm shim to take the play up.

damhdearg

I had to do the same on the Rex nitro, they are workhorses though, im sure you'll have a ton of good times with it.

Slobberdog

Sweet Dan, nice quick build mate, now how did you manage to get the misses to give you peace and quiet to do that in one day,

danhampson

The deal was I decorated the kids room last week and I got a free day. The living room has been off limits to everyone all day it makes a change from working in the kitchen lol. Its just been good luck the weather was nice so the kids have been playing out after school.
I'm going to try and get it finished off tomorrow.

Top Bottom