250 Damaged my align 250 pro dfc on first spool

Marshall

Hi guys, as I said in my intro I have purchased the above Heli and have now got a new spektrum DX7s (after buying a DX6i that I was told Cannot be set up with the twin satellite 3gx setup).
Anyhow I have serious tail wag (violent almost) , I am uncertain about reducing or increasing gyro gain so when I first spooled up the heli went crazy, tipped over and stopped dead.
Now I found the one way bearing does not work so I have ordered an new one.
I guess what I am asking is if there is someone who can advise me (when I put the new bearing in) what I should be adjusting then I would be grateful.
any volunteers to help a noob would be a hero for me,lol
BTW my Name is Andy, I am 50 yrs and I am an ex-engineer. Now retired through ill health.

helicc16

the Smoothie Pilot
Is this heli bound with your new TX? What are the settings ( all of them) in the gyro menu on your TX? What version of 3gx are you running? The more info you provide the easier it is to help you diagnose the problem. Well get it fixed.

Cheers,
Zuey

Marshall

Hi, Yes it is bound with my new TX, and the settings in the gyro menu are as follows: in the function list it states inh,in the sw-select mode it is aux2, as you probably already know there are two screens of setups in the dx7s.
any more info required just ask pls, every other setup, ccp and all other settings including the final gyro/ruddr settings are all as tonys youtube instructions.
Hope this helps with the diagnosis, and cheers for taking interest.

- - - Updated - - -

I have to go out for 30 mins but will be back if you are here, Cheers, Andy.

helicc16

the Smoothie Pilot
Tipping over during spool up is a symptom of too high AIL and/or ELE gain. You can lower the gains by turning the pots on the 3gx unit CCW. You can precisely monitor the gain values as you make the adjustments by hooking the unit up to the 3gx software on your computer. Gain of 100 is a good starting point for both AIL an ELE

Does your Gyro screen look like this?

IMAG0577.jpg

Since you're using Remote Rx, make sure that gyro out channel is set to AUX2. +40 is a good starting point for rudder gain value.

IMAG0577.jpg

Lee

I know the DX6I has tail gain value from 0% to 100% and my DX8 has -100% to +100%. What does the DX7S have? If you are setting up at 65% as you would for the DX6I, and you have the DX8 gain values, this will be way to high. I have a value of 32% for my heli on my DX8.

Marshall

Tipping over during spool up is a symptom of too high AIL and/or ELE gain. You can lower the gains by turning the pots on the 3gx unit CCW. You can precisely monitor the gain values as you make the adjustments by hooking the unit up to the 3gx software on your computer. Gain of 100 is a good starting point for both AIL an ELE

Does your Gyro screen look like this?

View attachment 5317

Since you're using Remote Rx, make sure that gyro out channel is set to AUX2. +40 is a good starting point for rudder gain value.

No it does not, in fact it has been set at inhibit :(, now all I need are the correct settings now that I have enabled it.

- - - Updated - - -

I know the DX6I has tail gain value from 0% to 100% and my DX8 has -100% to +100%. What does the DX7S have? If you are setting up at 65% as you would for the DX6I, and you have the DX8 gain values, this will be way to high. I have a value of 32% for my heli on my DX8.

Hi Lee, The DX&s is the same as the DX* where you have -100% up to +100%.
also the gyro screen does not look like the image posted above, all ot has is a switch option that is set at on, a Ch. option that I have now set to aux2 but in the centre of the screen all there is to adjust is a rate option of plus or minus 100%.
This tx is so confusing.

Lee

And set the switch to gear. Try setting values of +-30% and see how it flies.

Marshall

Ok done that, now I have the three levels to set, pos:0, pos:1 and pos:2, what do you recommend?. bearing in mind that the DX6i was 0-100% and this DX7s has the same settings as the DX8.

Lee

Set them to 25% 28% and 30%. If you have no wag them up the % until you see wag then back of a few %
So before you must have had 100% gain. no wonder it had the wag of death :D

Marshall

I am unable to set the sw. option to gear because it is at gyro as in Helicc16's image above?

- - - Updated - - -

Ok all set as to your instructions, thanks.
'wag of death' lmao,

Marshall

I am unable to try it atm because I am waiting on the new parts, I just wanted to ask, as I have ruined the one way bearing, do you think it may be a good idea to get a new main shaft also,
because it must have had a damn good squeeze when the blades hit to ruin the bearing?

Marshall

I see you are in Spain, I knew those fantastic video's of yours with the perfect weather just couldn't have been Great britain, LOL.

Lee

You should always have spare shafts around. Main, Feather and Tail. Check the shafts for bends by rolling them on a piece of glass. If it wobbles replace it.

Marshall

Ok, time for a shopping list, I'll order those immediately, Can you think of anything else I should get b4 I order?

Lee

Well i'm actually from to to far from you. Marlborough. Went to college in Newbury

Marshall

Marlborough is a lovely place, I have been there for the day just to have a walk around many times, you are lucky.
I am actually in the cotswolds, its nice here too when we get a summer.

Lee

I learnt to windsurf in the Cotswold water park. It been a long time since then, but it shaped my life. I'm a windsurf/kitesurf/snowboard instructor

Top Bottom