Servos Check These Specs

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hi all, do these sound like high end servos? They are RJXs new brushless servos. I was ordering a set of their coreless ones, paid for them and they sent me a message that they have been upgraded. Of course they want more money.....

Tail

Operation Voltage:6V-8.4V
Weight: 70g
Torque: 4.8kg/cm@6V
5.8kg/cm@7.4V
7.3kg/cm@8.4V
Speed : 0.025sec/60°@8.4V
0.028sec/60°@7.4V
0.032sec/60°@6V
Frequency: 760µs/333hz
Gear Type: Metal Gear
Motor Type: Brushless Motor

Cyclic

Operation Voltage:6V-8.4V
Weight: 70g
Torque: 15.6kg/cm@6V
19.9kg/cm@7.4V
23.5kg/cm@8.4V
Speed : 0.056sec/60°@8.4V
0.067sec/60°@7.4V
0.073sec/60°@6V
Frequency: 1520µs/333hz
Gear Type: Metal Gear
Motor Type: Brushless Motor

RandyDSok

You may start by looking at specs to see which product you may be interested in... but do not make buying decisions based on those alone. Specs will not tell you anything about the quality of the specific model of a device you are looking at or if the company that makes it is any good to purchase from.

I don't mind a company trying to upsell me... but I get pretty suspicious when they attempt it after a sale. I'd suggest you vet the company first to see if they can be trusted to stand behind their products, then look for actual reviews on the exact model you are interested in. The quality of the part is not determined by the brand, I've seen too many companies make really good and really crappy stuff...

fran11784

Goblin 380 Supporter
Sorry, I should have been more clear. I have delt with RJX for many things. They are a good company so Im not worried about that at all. I have a set of their coreless servos in a scale ship and was going to buy another set, but they are discontinued so they are sending the the bushless ones at the same price now. They list for 475, way more then I gave them, we shall see... Comparing those specs to other servos like MKS and Futaba they seem right on par

murankar

Staff member
From my understanding RJX is a upper mid level quality servo. so getting a set of RJX you will have a decent servo.

Admiral

I have never used RJX Servos but their Blades, Heads etc have always bee good quality.

With servos I don't panic about speed providing it's reasonable, being a sports flyer .01 /sec does not make that much of a difference to me but I always get Metal Gears and two Bearings if possible, especially with larger servos.

Top Bottom