ESC Castle 25 Amp

I got my connector soldered on I got it installed and I'm dying to fly the helicopter but it's throttles up and when you get more throttle it just kind of dies down. Pretty sure it's cuz I got to calibrate the throttle endpoints. I'm new to the Hobby so I need some help. I've already tried the YouTube stuff it's just ridiculous to the point

Tony

Staff member
I don't know if it will help, but below is a PDF on how to calibrate fixed endpoints in the ESC.

Attachments

• setup_fixed_endpoints.pdf
    51 KB · Views: 5

Smoggie

Ronald, Which model of ESC do you have, castle do a few different versions with a 25A rating.

Anyway, I think all versions need to be set using the 'Fixed endpoint' method. To do this you need the castle 'USB link' so you can can connect the ESC to a PC... do you have a USB link?

Tony

Staff member
Speaking of the castle link, it's still on backorder. I might get it some day lol.

Smoggie

Having to do the 'fixed endpoint' routine is a bit of a pain for sure. it's easy enough once you get used to it but you still need the USN link. I dont know why castle dont do endpoint calibration like most other ESC manufacturers (i.e. power up with throttle open and wait for a beep)

To you Tony yeah it took 2 months to get I was so disappointed I almost threw all my castle products away. But after I got it I forgot about everything. Yes I do have one Smoggie, go slow cuz I'm not very computer savvy. I also have a laptop and I downloaded Castle's home page.

Smoggie

Ronald, The pdf instructions that Tony attached explain better than I can. If after reading them there are any steps that you aren't sure of just let us know and we can talk you through it.

I just bought the mini USB cord for the castle late I'm going to be giving it a try I'll probably need help but here goes nothing

Well of course it just makes me feel so stupid I can't do it. That PDF that Tony sent me and the entire instructions that it comes with does not mention any website to go to. So I just plugged in the castle Lane and it did absolutely nothing the red light beep and it didn't go to any menu or anything so I am just stuck looking at nothing.

So I went to the castle homepage I clicked on everything they have there and all they're trying to do is sell you products or how to get to Castle link can somebody tell me how to get to the programming page with the castling

Smoggie

Ronald, have you installed the castle link software on your PC?

If not that’s the first thing to do. The software is downloadable from Castle’s web site but you have to register.

Downloaded software. First screen I'm stuck. I have the USB cable to cord that you need I'm not going to buy one I need somebody to explained in plain terms what the cord consist of do you remove the signal wire the power wire or the ground wire just tell me what the cable consist of and I can make one.

This is an update I'm now on the right screen. I have a green light on the USB connected a green light on the device link and here's a couple pictures and now I am stuck. You can see the Castle link has a green and red light on as well good Castle itself has a red light. What I did was just unplug the ESC cord that goes to the gyro I unplugged it and plugged it into the Castle link and nothing's happening

Attachments

• 15215051697371805073520.jpg
    15215051697371805073520.jpg
    213.4 KB · Views: 3
  • 15215051978741674113879.jpg
    15215051978741674113879.jpg
    258.2 KB · Views: 3

Tony

Staff member
that looks a lot like the helicopter that I worked on. If it is, I would reconsider putting a 25 amp ESC on it. 35 is about as low as I would go.

You are absolutely right that is too helicopter you worked on. I am such an idiot I thought you told me to buy the 25 amp Castle Creations ESC. I just reviewed all our conversations and you told me the minimum is 35 amp so I just bought that for no reason at all I got everything Torn Apart Nothing works I'm just so depressed. I played hooky from work just so I can get this thing going yesterday I tried to buy two 450 align T-Rexes on eBay for 450 bucks ready to go and somebody outbid me at the last second that's how bad I want to get this thing flying.

Tony

Staff member
Is it an option to use that 25 on the 250? Might not be a total loss. But don't beat yourself up bro, we have all done things like this. I just looked and the 25 should fit under the battery tray of a 250, so instead of purchasing another ESC for it, we will just use the one that you have.

I already bought the 15 amp too but I just thought you gave me an idea I can use the 15 in my other 180 that I'm building up and we can put the 25 in the 250. Yeah I'm building 2 custom 180 cfx as one is the link stretch and one is a rake on with a lynx belts on it. I have two Motors one gyro and one ESC now I have the other esc I just need another gyro and a couple servos and I got to complete builds! Man I was so upset I want you to know none of it's directed towards you I've been working so much I'm starting to get a little tweaky

When I say that I'm new I got about 6 months flying and like I said nobody around here does helicopter so I didn't know so I'm learning on a monster a 180 cfx you are absolutely never supposed to learn on that helicopter you think the T-Rex 250 is bad that's like flying a 500 compared to this. I just came back from flying I did too half-assed figure eights in a very small area so I'm getting better anyway. I'm probably going to send my other 450 Pro torque tube with a ikon. right up your alley with the 250 that way I can have some running helicopters and get this s*** all off of my bench lol!$@'#;

Tony

Staff member
Hey, no worries bro, I never took it as you taking it out on me. If anyone knows frustration, it's me. I have definitely seen my fair share of it. And send them over, I enjoy building and setting up way more than I like flying lol.

Top Bottom