ESC Castle 25 Amp

Smoggie

Yep, as Tony said, 25A really isnt enough for a 450. You could probably get away with some gentle hovering at moderate headspeed but you really should use a suitably rate ESC.

The good news is that you seem to have the Castle link working correctly. Two green light on the software means that it's fully connected. I'm not sure what you were expecting to happen but all you would do once connected is adjust the parameters in the software (under 'Vehicle Type' and 'Throttle Type') and press the 'Update' button to write the new settings to the ESC.

This is to you smoggie .I got the 35 amp Castle Phoenix all soldered up everything's installed so when I go to the software page I type in type helicopter and then throttle type what throttle type do I have. And do I do anything with the settings that say simple or Governor low or Governor High?

Smoggie

You need to select either 'Fixed endpoints' or 'Governor Mode' in the throttle type (If you intent to use the governor built into the ESC then it's Governor Mode you select).

The best type of governor on the Castle is the 'Set RPM' governor. Using the set RPM function you program in the actual RPM that you want to run. 'Simple' should work ok too but I've never tried it.

Top Bottom