Scale Cal Fire UH-1C

Jimbo

Rick, the needle twists and locks into place. Push it down and turn it clockwise until it locks. Do the reverse to take it off. I'm guessing you don't give a lot of shots.

Jim

Jimbo

Tony, he is using a standard, 25 gauge needle. Very thin and short. I get them from my vet, who using them on cats.

Jim

Tony

Staff member
I wonder if a blunt tip wouldn't work a little better at producing more uniform rivets. Just thinking out loud lol.

Boogs

For now the standard, it helps me with the spacing. The bubble develops a consistent distance from the tip allowing me a gauge for spacing. For me, working left to right is proving to be best.

Tony

Staff member
Good point! Never thought of it helping with spacing. Yet another reason why I'm never doing scale builds hahaha.

Boogs

I was considering blunting the tip, but after trying it on my practice piece decided to develop my method.

Boogs

Hate needles Jim. Don't give any shots and I don't like getting them either. Remember the guns they used on us? Hated those too.

Boogs

My eyes went crossed, but it's not permanent. I can see some missing rivets, but not until after I did the primer. So here's where I'm at with this. Might get the first coat of white tomorrow.
DSCN2883.JPG DSCN2881.JPG DSCN2884.JPG

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Damn Rick. What a wonderful job your doing. Are you feeling like a frog lately with all those... Rivets, Rivets! Lol

Boogs

Got the first color coat on yesterday. The mercury was at 102 so keeping a wet edge was fun. Hope to get a couple more coats today.
DSCN2891.JPG DSCN2896.JPG

Top Bottom