600 Building the JR Vibe NEX E8 - Slow Build

stokke

I'm using all the available tail throw (the slider travels from end to end). As stated above; I believe the tail was maxed out, the servo applying max torque (in attempt to hold heading), the motor revving to achieve lift at max collective pitch - something had to give out.

My best guess...?

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
I am fixing to fit a 3.25hp engine my secnd Vibe... (oops I said it out loud) .. Thats more than you got going in a 12s setup on a 6s bird. And I know from sen setups , that it shoiuldnt do that :)

Hope he figures this out soon :)

stokke

I am fixing to fit a 3.25hp engine my secnd Vibe... (oops I said it out loud) .. Thats more than you got going in a 12s setup on a 6s bird. And I know from sen setups , that it shoiuldnt do that :)

Ehrm.. no bragging intended - but my E8 produces 5.5 hp :D

- - - Updated - - -

Possibly defective gears?

Or maybe too much play?

Yeah, I was thinking maybe too much play as well...

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Ehrm.. no bragging intended - but my E8 produces 5.5 hp :D

- - - Updated - - -

That was bragging! LOL JK! 5.5hp ? is this something you calculated ? or is in the specs of the motor ? put on a "dyno" setup the most powerful setup on a 700 size bird's power setup has been found to be 8hp :) you are a full size smaller :) But.. regradless.. no competition here. .Just pointing towards the fact that your bird is built to handle whatever HP that is.. dont matter nitro or electric. :) it should have done that ..

lets hope this was as simple as a little too much play :)

stokke

Since the JR is just sitting on the bench anyway, I got around to put on the tail upgrade I got.

Old bulky plastic grips.
P1010790.JPG

New fancy metal grips :D
P1010792.JPG

Old.
P1010791.JPG

New :D
P1010793.JPG

BOKI

Lada1; Welcome to the site & glad you are getting the help you need ! Looks like you have a real nice helicopter also! Happy New Year & The Best in your RC flying! :twothumbsup:

Lee

I see you have the CY tail blades on there. I've had a set in my tool box for a while now. Just waiting for my 600 to start behaving before i put them on.

stokke

I see you have the CY tail blades on there. I've had a set in my tool box for a while now. Just waiting for my 600 to start behaving before i put them on.

Yeah, they manged to kill off my gears, so they're up for the job LOL :D What's up with the Chaos anyways, not seen any vidz lately?

Lada1

Yes, one guy I have talked to recently (DaveLister and can be found on helifreak forum) reported to me the same issue. He described it as a big play there. He took the horizontal gear out of the casing and created a very thin shim. He used just a printing paper and poured the CA glue throug it. He claimed it works for him fine now.

Anyway I took this gear set to my work to show it to a toolmaker. He told me that it looks fine to him. So I will wait myself for first few flights to check it very deeply.

stokke

I got new gears now, and she's back in the air. I believe only I'm to blame for stripping the tail gears :( I was not in Idle Up when I pitched pump... After replacing my gears, I have now tried a bunch of pitch pumps - but this time while in IU, and the gears are holding beautifully! See my video thread for some real flying.

I should mention I took care when assembling the new gears. I Made sure that the gears were sitting tight, then used Loctite to keep it there.

Top Bottom