450 Building some Align T-Rexs and get read for questions.

Are you registered?

• YES

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • NO

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

murankar

Staff member
Thought I responded to this poll. I did register, not that I wanted more of a had to. With my Military job I have credentials that could be affected if the FAA decided to fine me. Would ever happen? Maybe not but I cant take a chance on loose 18+ years on a stupid $5 registration fee. I dont like the fact that my info is out there like that but it is what it is.

Thought I responded to this poll. I did register, not that I wanted more of a had to. With my Military job I have credentials that could be affected if the FAA decided to fine me. Would ever happen? Maybe not but I cant take a chance on loose 18+ years on a stupid $5 registration fee. I don't like the fact that my info is out there like that but it is what it is.

I know how you feel. As always, it's about money and is completely unenforceable. I think it's there so if you do something stupid they have a law to back them up. Of course the FAA will need to hire thousands of "Drone Police" to enforce it and I don't see that happening anytime soon.

I was out with a friend flying ultralights and we landed on township property. It is a huge field where the township gathers to do the 4th of July celebration. Well the local cops were there in a shot. He comes over to me and says he wants some ID. I retort this is not your jurisdiction. I twirl my finger to my friend and he nods. You're in and I have jurisdiction. I go "No you don't, call your superior." His superior shows up and he walks over to him and has a chat. He comes back in a huff and tells me to get out of here and if you come back I'll arrest you. I say "that's a load of :):):):):):):):), the FAA has jurisdiction when I'm in an aircraft and I can legally land anywhere if I think there is a problem with the aircraft, so take you hollow threats and shove them up your ass. I spin my finger again, throttle up, and roll thirty feet into the air. My buddy right behind me. I go about three hundred feet and land again. My buddy is going "What are you doing" as the cops get into their cars and start coming to us. I say listen when we get up again circle them a few times the go to the airport. So we took off and started our turn about a point maneuver. I wish I could hear what they were saying but they finally got it and went about their business.

So if a cop starts to badger you about your UAV remember, it's not their jurisdiction.

- - - Updated - - -

Thought I responded to this poll. I did register, not that I wanted more of a had to. With my Military job I have credentials that could be affected if the FAA decided to fine me. Would ever happen? Maybe not but I cant take a chance on loose 18+ years on a stupid $5 registration fee. I don't like the fact that my info is out there like that but it is what it is.

I know how you feel. As always, it's about money and is completely unenforceable. I think it's there so if you do something stupid they have a law to back them up. Of course the FAA will need to hire thousands of "Drone Police" to enforce it and I don't see that happening anytime soon.

I was out with a friend flying ultralights and we landed on township property. It is a huge field where the township gathers to do the 4th of July celebration. Well the local cops were there in a shot. He comes over to me and says he wants some ID. I retort this is not your jurisdiction. I twirl my finger to my friend and he nods. You're in and I have jurisdiction. I go "No you don't, call your superior." His superior shows up and he walks over to him and has a chat. He comes back in a huff and tells me to get out of here and if you come back I'll arrest you. I say "that's a load of :):):):):):):):), the FAA has jurisdiction when I'm in an aircraft and I can legally land anywhere if I think there is a problem with the aircraft, so take you hollow threats and shove them up your ass. I spin my finger again, throttle up, and roll thirty feet into the air. My buddy right behind me. I go about three hundred feet and land again. My buddy is going "What are you doing" as the cops get into their cars and start coming to us. I say listen when we get up again circle them a few times the go to the airport. So we took off and started our turn about a point maneuver. I wish I could hear what they were saying but they finally got it and went about their business.

So if a cop starts to badger you about your UAV remember, it's not their jurisdiction.

- - - Updated - - -

I did the F.A.A. Thing a while back...under duress of course...:(
Did you get your heli sorted???

I dove into this hobby as I always loved flying. I'm a licensed pilot for single engine land with a night endorsement, but it has gotton cost prohibitive for me to fly. So I bought a fully assembled Align 450L Dominator DFC and proceeded to take it apart. So here I am doing the pitch adjustments. So when I'm done I should know a T-Rex inside and out. I quickly found out that flying an R/C model is quite different than flying the real ones.

trainrider06

Probably the orientations is the biggest hurdle with R/C heli's!
I'd read that the F.A.A. Was bumping heads with these local towns trying to ban R/C flights, I guess that's the small thing good about them getting their nose into this! But some of their rules they are trying to enact on the Senate floor are ridiculous, like no night flights, training classes, and the like. Just punnish the idiots, leave responsible modelers alone!

I'd read that the F.A.A. Was bumping heads with these local towns trying to ban R/C flights, I guess that's the small thing good about them getting their nose into this! But some of their rules they are trying to enact on the Senate floor are ridiculous, like no night flights, training classes, and the like. Just punnish the idiots, leave responsible modelers alone!

I feel you Train. People who don't know the hobby and never flew an R/C make rules that don't make sense. Thank goodness the they are unenforceable. Too many of us.

- - - Updated - - -

Well I guess I don't have my pitch adjustments correct. Ran up my Trex and it rolled over on it's side. Lost the DFC links and one blade. But that's OK, I have more of them. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Well I guess I don't have my pitch adjustments correct. Ran up my Trex and it rolled over on it's side. Lost the DFC links and one blade. But that's OK, I have more of them. :)

- - - Updated - - -

I'll never get the hang of this forum program. Sorry for duplicates and posts in wrong areas.

KLA

I agree with Rodney 100%. Punish the idiots. I did my registration a few months ago also. The main reason for this stupid law is to hold people accountable for any damages caused by all of these new inexperienced drone "pilots" that really shouldn't be flying RC aircraft in the first place. But like Rodney said, they should punish the idiots and leave us responsible RC modellers alone.

Top Bottom