Quad Building My First Quad

bigone5500

For the life of me I can't figure out how to get the values to the correct ones. I assume I need to hold the stick to either position for the corresponding setting (roll, pitch, yaw) and roll the roller to make it go there. Is that not right?

bigone5500

I finally got the screws I need for my camera. They are M2 x 8mm. I used some 3mm nylon spacers as the camera is 6mm too narrow. Now I can see what all the fuss is about with this FPV stuff...

20180203_202115.jpg 20180203_202426.jpg

Tony

Staff member
Yea, this camera on the stack x is a clone of the runcam split and I can't believe they didn't include an adapter.

bigone5500

If weather permits tomorrow, I'll get an DVR of my flight and will have questions regarding the quality of the signal.

Tony

Staff member
You should leave a card in your goggles and always plug them in when you are doing flights. That way, you at least have onboard recording. Same with the SD card slot on the FC, just stick in an 8GB card there and turn logging on.

bigone5500

I flashed my FC with firmware from the betaflight software. I now have OSD items on the OSD tab. I guess now I'll have to setup the other tabs all over again. I finished connecting my runcam to the FC also. We'll see if it works later.

20180306_165914.jpg 20180306_170919.jpg 20180306_171118.jpg

bigone5500

Looks cool but is a royal PITA. Ask Tony...

I'm back to what Tony and I had trouble with a while back. I can't get the motors to spin. I don't even know what we did that day to get them to work. They just happened to work. I'm going to play with it until I get it to work and will probably have to wire the runcam to the main power wires as it will not power on with the connection to the FC. I can connect it to the USB cable and it powers on just fine.

bigone5500

Man I'm so noob... I figured out that I didn't set any modes. I had to set the arm, angle, and horizon. The motors now work. Now to get the camera and OSD to function.

Tony

Staff member
The only thing that we did (or you did) was to unplug the quad from the computer and the motors started working. They absolutely would not work while connected to the computer and it tosses an error in CLI stating so. Never seen that before. Now hurry up and get out there and fly thing thing. No flying here, winds over 35mph today. Absolutely horrible. Oh, and that is sustained. Gusts were over 50mph. Crazy day here in Oklahoma. But from what I hear, the north and north east are getting pounded with a blizzard right now. Ohhhhh, Blizzard.... :drool: Sure wish we had a Dairy Queen around here still...

Top Bottom