General Build complete! Settings devo 7?

murankar

Staff member
Tail gain is to high. If its head hold mode drop about 10 points of gain. Then retest.

Your starting points for gain are
This is for a 0 to 100 scale. If you have a -100 to 0 100 scale i am not sure where to start.

Rate mode: 35
Head hold: 65

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Tony

Staff member
If you are talking about on the ground, that is normal on take off. They will all go to the left. Whatever you do, do NOT use subtrim or trim to try and center everything. You should be using a swash leveling tool or use my zip tie method to level the swash. If it's still going to the left, then you have some mechanical issues.

taaron777

Servo linkage pops off. The heli was stable and the tail holds good. Thanks guys for all the help in building this thing. Now time to see what the damage is.[video]http:// youtu.be / JVdz0Dt_3hU[/video]

- - - Updated - - -

/ JVdz0Dt_3hU

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry youtube address had spaces in it

Last edited by a moderator:

taaron777

Yea it was! That's my fault. The linkages on that clone were tight on the balls. I replaced them all except that one. Still have to check the feathering shaft, but so far just one blade and the flybar were damaged. Do you think i did good for my first every build and hover of a ccpm helicopter? I do want to thank you Tony and Murankur. Tony I followed your build video to a t, and it resulted in a smooth stable machine, and Murankar, thanks for the gyro and setup help. You guys have my confidence level at an all time high. I have an associate that's trying to discourage me. He told me I'll never get it off the ground, and when he saw the crash he began to criticize me on youtube immediately. But I'm going to rebuild with align parts and do it again.

Tony

Staff member
Haters are gonna hate, that's all there is to it. For your first time out, you did great. Remember to keep that tail towards you at all times to get a feel for the helicopter. After that, just follow my how to fly series to learn how to practice orientation.

You need to roll the main shaft and the feathering shaft on a sheet of glass, like from a picture frame. I can assure you, one of them is bent. The feathering shaft almost always bends when you crash.

When you replace that blade, replace both of them and throw that set away. It's very hard to get them balanced perfectly unless they are matched from the factory.

Keep it up and keep asking questions. We are here to help.

taaron777

Thanks for the encouragement. I'll be sure to abide by those vids to. Do you suggest going back fiberglass blades or carbon fiber?

Tony

Staff member
Since you are just learning, stick with the FG blades. Much cheaper when you crash. And trust me, you are going to. It's just a part of the game.

murankar

Staff member
Glad the info helped. Your mechanical setup is key to a successful flight and some skill. The skill stuff will come with more stick time.

Ignore the hatters, its mostly jealousy with them. Next time get a successful rake off and landing and say nothing about it. Of course they will have something negative to say but just ignore it.

Congratulations on the maiden flight. Fly crash repair then repeat.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Top Bottom