General Build complete! Settings devo 7?

taaron777

Build is finally complete! Big thank you Tony and Murankar! Can you tell me some transmitter settings for a beginner friendly bird?

murankar

Staff member
I can give the numbers then you will need to find where they go since its a tx i dont know.

Throttle curve
Normal: 0 40 50 70 70 70
IU1: 75 75 70 75 75
IU2: 80 80 75 80 80
Throttle hold: 0 0 0 0 0

Pitch curve:
Normal: 45 47 50 75 100
IU1 and 2: 0 25 50 75 100
Throttle hold: 0 25 50 75 100

Your dual rates and expo will need to be played with a little.

Start out on
Dual rate 30
Expo 75

I had to start out at 25 on dual rate because it was not responsive enough for me. Your expo give you 75 percent of full travel.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Lee

I think you got your DR/Expo numbers the wrong way round Matthias.
Should be
Dual rates 75
Expo 30

murankar

Staff member
Yeah i think i did mix them up. Its been to long since i last flew. I should have stuff done by the end of summer.

Anyhow as of right now i have 20 and 75 set for low and 0 100 for high.

And when i had 30 and 75 i was in korea just finishing the exi. Not to mention it was march (super cold ) and i was nervous about flying. Between shivering and my nerves i had to drop it so it was a little more responsive.

Last edited:

taaron777

Not sure tony. My pitch gauge comes in tomorrow. Just decided to give it a try. The fat edge of my blades tilt downwards sightly when above mid stick. Is this correct? If not, then how do I change it? Or give it more positive pitch? Even when the gauge comes,I will still need to know what to do.

Tony

Staff member
The fat edge? You mean the leading edge? If so, that should face up when adding positive pitch. If it's going down, then you need to reverse your swash AFR. I have no idea how to do it in the devo, but on spektrum, I go into the swashplate menu and take my Pitch setting from a positive to a negative or vice versa.

taaron777

1408407151245.jpg1408407151245.jpg1408407151245.jpg1408407151245.jpg

That's at middle stick. 0 pitch

- - - Updated - - -

1408407343203.jpg

That's all the pitch I'm getting at full stick!

- - - Updated - - -

I'm sorry the fat edge is pitching upward

1408407151245.jpg

1408407343203.jpg

Tony

Staff member
Yeah, you will want about 10º of total pitch on that bird. Looks like you are only getting about 4-5 degrees in that picture.

Tony

Staff member
Yes. There should be 3 settings. Aileron, Elevator and Pitch. You will want to adjust the pitch

taaron777

Ok, I found my problem. My servos are getting more travel on the negative side. I centered them with the pitch on 60 In the swash mix. I notice that the servos center on different places depending on the pitch percentage. What do I need to do to get even throw from my servos? Any ideas?

murankar

Staff member
here are your steps:

• make sure all swash mixes are at default
  • Ensure all servos are traveling correctly (this my mean redoing your swash mix for collective)
  • Ensure your servo arms are at 90 degrees to the servo (straight out from the servo for your setup)
  • Setup your throttle hold so it has a linear curve (0 25 50 75 100) or unplug your motor and use IU1 with a linear curve
  • Starting at the swash and working up to the rotor head make sure everything is level
Now to set pitch
  • Keep in IU1 (for setup purposes only at this point)
  • Move collective to full throttle
  • Using a pitch gauge set at 10 degrees set pitch with swash mix (pitch) by making the number bigger. If your at -60 and need more pitch go to -70.
  • Once you have 10 degrees positive then drop the collective stick all the way down.
  • Check pitch if it is not the same then you will need to adjust all the servo to swash links 1 turn at a time until the pitch is the same.

Once that is done your head setup is done. Also if you have to adjust the height of the swash you will need to recheck your positive pitch because it can change. If you have to pop any links its better to unscrew the ball than to pop the link.

Tony

Staff member
You forgot about setting up 0º pitch at mid stick. I have full detailed setup videos on this subject. Just click on the Articles tab at the top, then on the left side of that page, click on the how to section. Lots of videos in there on how to setup the head of a helicopter. And as well, click on the 3GX setup menu for how to center your servos.

murankar

Staff member
That's what happens when you try and detail everything out. I thought i had it all in there.

Good catch Tony!

Btw: its a fly bar head. One other thing you will want to lock your flybar during the setup process. There are many tutorials on YouTube on how to make a lock and use it. Your flybar will be the reference for level.

Last edited:

taaron777

Think I have the pitch. Had to lower the swash and adjust some links. Now the tail shakes bad. Everything is smooth until it starts to lift, then the tail shakes or wags real bad. I set it back down. Didn't attempt a hover.

Top Bottom