450 Budget 450

vyrnguy

I've been inspired to do a budget 450 build, it's been so long since i built a heli, thought this would be the ideal way of touching the water again or getting back on the horse.

I purchased some stuff on ebay/aliexpress just now, 450 frame, head, electronics etc etc. Now the waiting game. I will start posting pics of my build when the parts starts to arrive. :D :D :D

Vyrn

Dennis H

If your wanting a budget helicopter that's a lot of fun to fly in the 450 category, Try the Walkera 450.

Look on Ebay for them, them come as a RTF, and a BNF if you have the correct radio. It has to be a Devo 7.

Anyway,I have everything from mini's to 1/4 Scale Heli's. To play around with and put some stick time in, I still pull my Walkera 450 out and fly it several times a week. There almost maintenance free, parts are cheap, and they're easy to work on. My batteries last almost 16 minutes which is almost unheard of.

You "cannot" build one for the price they are selling them at on Ebay. Their not there everyday, but you will catch them a least twice a month.

I don't own stock in Ebay or Walkera, I like the Heli, and I love the way it flies out of the box. It's very forgiving and smooth when flying. I recommend this Heli to a lot of kids and people who are wanting to get into the hobby. Believe me when I was it's easier to fly vs my Trex 700 or my Scale MD500. They are like in "self level" mode all the time. but you have to do your job as a pilot.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. I will try to find a URL for you to look at them. I have had nothing but good luck with them.

ONLY GET THE D03 MODEL: There are other models, but this is the best, just believe me as I have tried all of them over the past few years. Also, WATCH the shipping charges, some are free shipping, some charge a lot for shipping.

I
would be willing to make sure you get a good one if you would like me to help you. I have seen these on Ebay for $180.00 before, but their averaging $200 now, which is not bad.

This is a RTF: Professinal Walkera V450D03 6CH 450 RC FBL Helicopter w/DEVO 7 Transmitter C8T1 | eBay

This is a BNF: Walkera V450D03 6CH 450 RC FBL Helicopter Without Transmitter BNF US Stock 0RJ1 | eBay

This one below is a SCAM, BEWARE, there really are a lot of Scams out there now. I see several ads like this and that the first clue that it is a Scam.
This is a used one, the only good thing is he states he has two batteries, plus he says "Make Offer": Walkera V450d03 RTF with 2 batteries and receiver battery | eBay

I hope you the best, I know it's really fun building your own, but price wise,this is the only way to go. If I wreck one (usually trying 3D tricks or something) I just buy a new Heli off Ebay and I acquire a lot of spare parts. you can't buy the parts for what they are selling the whole unit for.

FWIW, I have tried Trex 450's, their more money, over $100 more, but the Walkera's fly better in my opinion.

Anyway, any questions, just let me know,
Dennis

Dennis H

On my end, there are two post, disregard the first post and the second post is OK.

I saw the post that has the USED one is a SCAM, don't buy it. There are several adds out there exactly like it. Don't BUY it.

It also stated I took too long to make the edit post, and now it's showing up as two!

FYI, Dennis

Dennis H

I had the Wakera DO1 when I first started. Like Dennis mention, lots of fun to fly. You might also check out one of theses 450 too Heli Combo Kits

The D03 is the only way to go. It has a 3s battery, the others are 2s. There all good, but for the money, the WalkeraD03 is the best value and fun.

The Tarot's are not bad, but they are more expensive, plus I find the Walkera flies better, JMO.

Just my opinion, I tried a lot of them, Dennis

Smoggie

Bear in mind though that Walkera have discontinued all their helis, they now only make multirotors (drones). What you see for sale now is the last of any old stock sitting on shelves. How much longer spares will be available is anyone's guess.

There are lots of very cheap Trex 450 'clones' out there but often poor quality makes them a bad choice as you have nothing but frustration with them and can spend a fortune bringing them up to a decent working spec. Tarot are one of the better Trex clones (but they are clones)

Dennis H

There are lots of very cheap Trex 450 'clones' out there but often poor quality makes them a bad choice as you have nothing but frustration with them and can spend a fortune bringing them up to a decent working spec. Tarot are one of the better Trex clones (but they are clones)

Tell me a little about the TAROT, who are they a clone of? When the Walkera's run out, I was going to look at the TAROT's pretty hard.

Also, there are thousands of the WalkeraD03 out there. I have the direct link to China, they won' t be short for awhile. I thought the same thing when I heard they were going full drones. I keep two new ones as backup's, plus I have a lot of spare parts! I wish they would keep making them.

If you wanted to buy 5000 of them, I could really get a great deal on a Sea Container of them. But everybody is scared of them now. I am going to fly them until their out. I heard the news about them over a year ago, and they are still plentiful now as they ever have been.

Dennis

Dennis H

My Trex 450 Heli and parts inventory.
DSC00073_zpswso7un6g.jpg

Smoggie

Tarot are Align clones. The Tarot 450 Pro is a clone of the Align Trex 450 Pro and the Tarot 450 Sport is a clone of the old Trex 450SE

Dennis H

Tarot are Align clones. The Tarot 450 Pro is a clone of the Align Trex 450 Pro and the Tarot 450 Sport is a clone of the old Trex 450SE

Great, the exact info I was looking for.

Will the TAROT parts interchange with the Align 450?

Smoggie

As I understand it 'yes' all Tarot parts are interchangeable with Align parts. Though this is just based on what I've heard as I've never owned a Tarot heli.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Yes it is interchangeable. I have the Tarot 450 pro V2 DFC my self and most of the parts that I replaced it with are Align parts. It really depends on who has the part I need in stock at the time of purchase, Tarot or Align.

vyrnguy

Thanks for your input guys, I should of asked first before I made the purchase. Anyways i will see if I can make it all work out. Thank you

vyrnguy

Yes it is interchangeable. I have the Tarot 450 pro V2 DFC my self and most of the parts that I replaced it with are Align parts. It really depends on who has the part I need in stock at the time of purchase, Tarot or Align.

I should have some tarot and align stuff on the way. Thank you

Tony

Staff member
Let us know how it goes. Tarot is supposed to be pretty good, but just remember, they are still a clone of Align, so the quality may not be that of Align.

vyrnguy

Let us know how it goes. Tarot is supposed to be pretty good, but just remember, they are still a clone of Align, so the quality may not be that of Align.
I forgot about this thread lol I'm getting old. Yeah I've already started building on my budget 450, I'll try to post some pics. For the mean time I got my DX9 in the mail. I saw yours Tony and I had to have one. :D

DX9.jpg

Tony

Staff member
First thing is first, TRASH THAT SD CARD!!! That friggin card has bricked more transmitters than I have ever seen. Get a good one to use.

And I absolutely LOVE my DX9. It's comfortable in my hands, sticks feel fantastic, menu is easy to navigate and there is pretty much nothing you can't do with it. The only thing that comes to mind is rotating the gimbles so they move more comfortably. The only Tx that I know of that does this are the $1000++ Tx's....

Top Bottom