450 Bouncing 450?

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Well not like trainrider06 twitching heli, my suddenly started bouncing up and down for no reason. I change everything beside the motor. I have no idea but maybe someone might have any suggestion. PB280045 - YouTube she fly's if you like a bouncing heli.:yuck:

Lee

I presume you have checked for any play in the head?
Vertical movement on the head block, main shaft, swash plate, servo arms?
Is there any twitching from the cyclic servos through the whole range?

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
I presume you have checked for any play in the head?
Vertical movement on the head block, main shaft, swash plate, servo arms?
Is there any twitching from the cyclic servos through the whole range?
Yes sir Lee. I checked for any slop in the head. I put a new dfc unit in it. I do have one more new DFC unit that i will install today. As for the servos twitching, I haven't notice any of them twitching but I really didn't pay that much attention to them. Could the tail blades might have something to do with it? I do have a new set of tail blades that I can throw on it but I didn't think the tail blades would make it bounce like that. After sunrise this morning I'll put new tail blades on it and give that a try also beside paying more attention to the servos. I do have KST servos on it all around but i had them for a while now. Just doesn't make sense! Just like the wife.......keep you guessing.

Lee

So one day it was fine, then the next it was bouncing?
What was changed in between?
What is your pitch curve?

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
So one day it was fine, then the next it was bouncing?
What was changed in between?
What is your pitch curve?
Yeah, fine one day and next it started bouncing. I did put a new belt on before this all started. Then i just put new everything on it since I had the parts on stand by. I did find that my one of my tail grip holder was a little bit loose, I mean a little bit loose. Like maybe 1/16 of a turn before it would snap if I tighten any more. My pitch curve hasn't change since day one. Normal mode = 46/48/50/75/100...Stunt 1= 0/25/50/75/100...Stunt 2 the same as 1.

holtneil

Hi Have you touch the FBL unit , looks like head gains on the main rotor are way to high , if you changed from a fbl head to a DFC head the gains may be to high for that set up

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hi Have you touch the FBL unit , looks like head gains on the main rotor are way to high , if you changed from a fbl head to a DFC head the gains may be to high for that set up
Hey there holtneil. I haven't touch the FBL unit. I went from a 12 teeth to 13 teeth. I'll go back to 12 teeth and see what happens. I always had a DCF from the get go so that shouldn't be it. I'm in the process of taking her apart again and rebuild her. I have the other 2 helis to fly with while I'm working on the 450.

Tony

Staff member
That's an easy solution. Just don't drink so much coffee before flying!! Problem solved! :rotflmao:

All joking aside, raising the pinion tooth count will raise the head speed and could cause your gains to be too high. Let us know how it goes dropping back down to the smaller pinion. I think it should solve your issues.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
That's an easy solution. Just don't drink so much coffee before flying!! Problem solved! :rotflmao:

All joking aside, raising the pinion tooth count will raise the head speed and could cause your gains to be too high. Let us know how it goes dropping back down to the smaller pinion. I think it should solve your issues.
How about drinking to much Alcohol? :biglaugh: Holtneil mention the same thing about to much head speed :shocked:I will do that after putting her back together again. I've should of done that first before stripping her :duh: Thanks guys and I'll let you know after the football game!

Tony

Staff member
I would think alcohol would slow your fingers, not speed them up causing this very fast oscillation lol. Keep us posted.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
After dropping down from 13T to 12T my bird is still bouncing.:frown: It's time to walk away and leave it for another day. I'll start from scratch tomorrow with a better state of mind. I might of over look something and it got pass me like a slightly bent feathering shaft. Al well, I still have the X3 and the 500 to fly. Thanks for the suggestion and when I find out what went wrong I will post it.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
It turn out to be that at mid stick when zeroing out I wasn't at zero but at -8 :duh: . That made a difference. I just had to relax and go step by step. Thanks for everyone help.

trainrider06

Dang I missed it! Glad you got her sorted D.O.G. !
At first I was going to suggest maybe a color change, because it seems weird things are happening to these 450's with yeller tails and skids! :wink:.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Dang I missed it! Glad you got her sorted D.O.G. !
At first I was going to suggest maybe a color change, because it seems weird things are happening to these 450's with yeller tails and skids! :wink:.
Nah I didn't change color but I did go from this headhttp://tarot-rc-heli.com/DFC-ROTORHEAD/ALL-NEW-450-DFC-split-lock-rotor-head-assembly-Black to this head for a couple of dollars more to this headhttp://tarot-rc-heli.com/DFC-ROTORHEAD?product_id=163 and I like it. A little lighter and less parts.

trainrider06

Nah I didn't change color but I did go from this headhttp://tarot-rc-heli.com/DFC-ROTORHEAD/ALL-NEW-450-DFC-split-lock-rotor-head-assembly-Black to this head for a couple of dollars more to this headhttp://tarot-rc-heli.com/DFC-ROTORHEAD?product_id=163 and I like it. A little lighter and less parts.

I've heard those are some pretty good heads, also I heard their tail boxes are good too!

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
I've heard those are some pretty good heads, also I heard their tail boxes are good too!
I have been using their tail boxes for awhile now and your right:agree: the tail box is also good for my 450. Just my opinion. If they had one for the 500, I would get one also!

leedude1

Hey gentleman... been getting more comfortable with my 450 and I have noticed that I'm getting a drop in altitude when turning clockwise (flying small circuits). Im used to flying the smaller birds and have never really experienced this before. I'm curious if its a result of slower speeds and more weight and just something that I need to adjust too?

I mean im able to recover, theres no bogging that I can tell ... but I need to give her some serious +pitch quickly to compensate. This does not appear to occur on the counterclockwidse turns.. and I dont notice it at all in a hovered pyro in either direction

possibilities = turning with the wind so loosing blade bite ?

Thoughts?

trainrider06

Hey gentleman... been getting more comfortable with my 450 and I have noticed that I'm getting a drop in altitude when turning clockwise (flying small circuits). Im used to flying the smaller birds and have never really experienced this before. I'm curious if its a result of slower speeds and more weight and just something that I need to adjust too?

I mean im able to recover, theres no bogging that I can tell ... but I need to give her some serious +pitch quickly to compensate. This does not appear to occur on the counterclockwidse turns.. and I dont notice it at all in a hovered pyro in either direction

possibilities = turning with the wind so loosing blade bite ?

Thoughts?

Are you dropping the throttle before making your turn? When I am getting ready to make a turn I usually kinda pull back on the cyclic and she rises up and bit as I am turning, and as I swing the tail around a lot of times I have to drop the throttle a bit because I gains a bit of altitude doing that...

Top Bottom