Micro Blade SR

Lee

Super Combo means that it comes with everything you need except the battery and radio gear. If you already have the blade 450, then look at getting a Trex 500. The difference in stability over the 450 is huge and the 600 is even more so. I am a total addict too John. Had 7 helis by the second month of flying. :D

gravybird

Yeah John, I think senior member comes with 100 posts:) nothing to do with my abilities. These guys on here will kinda say that the small blade stuff is great for learning, but the bigger stuff has too much plastic. I was gonna get the SR, and than the blade 450, until doing a lot of reading, and asking "dumb questions":) which always get answered with respect! On the align stuff, I think super combo is the way to go, like Lee said, it comes with almost everything you need. Also look at the sport model, it comes with a belt driven tail, which will withstand a ground strike better than a gear driven tail. Apparently us noobs will strike the tail into the ground frequently:))) nice to meet you too!

gravybird

the align 450's are "pro" "pro v2" "pro 3gx (no flybar)" "sport" and "sport v2". the sports are the belt driven tails, and I heard the v2's aren't all they're cracked up to be. the sport super combo is what I got my eyes on:) just need to find a few bucks first.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Important note! Lol. Blade is a great flying heli. But, made mostly out of plastic. If you crash, you brake more parts! Trex metal. Less likely to brake lots of parts. I would have bought the 450 long ago. If it wasn't for this. Lots of people will tell you all about trex nock offs. Yes cheeper to buy initially, after you crash a few times you will end up putting trex parts back on them anyways! I for one would rather spend a little more cash initially and get a better machine. Than have problems with bearings heads and whatever associated with the cheaper machines. Just my thoughts!

Yes horizon hobbie is a great store. I've spent thousands there. On planes trains and beginner helies. Once you progress into better helies there are way better and cheeper places to buy helies and parts.

Tony

Staff member
AWESOME,.. . . that's what I thouht. . . I have a feeling I'm going to be doing a lot of business with them! Thank you for the assurance guys. . . and for responding so quickly, that's the main thing I LOVE about this forum. . . Anyway .. . my new question is this. . . Every time I try to fly my helicopter, SR, Trex250, etc., it's all over my backyard. Now is this because it's just not setup/trimmed properly, or because I'm not doing something right?

Any collective pitch helicopter is quite touchy. Think of it as a marble on a sheet of glass. If you try to hold the marble in the middle, you are having to make many corrections a second to keep it there. If you make it roll to one side, you have to counter that roll with a lot of input, but not so much to make it roll to the other side. If it does roll to the other side, you will have to counter that, and it can be a huge task to get it back to the center.

As stated, the 250 is a handfull. They are a LOT of fun after you get them setup, but with your skill, keep it on the mantle and make it look pretty lmao. My 250 was named "Nightmare" for a very good reason.

Hey John, I'm kind of a Noob also, so lets try a little blind leading the blind. Now with both of those being collective pitch, they will move through the air very quick, and almost seem impossible to control in a hover. Thats how it seems to go for me, whenever I try a new heli, I think "I am never gonna get this thing, it's impossible to hover!" than after several battery cycles, and crashes it starts to make some sense. I was reading the other day that the trex 250 is not recommended for beginners at all! Like Tony and many others on here say, Its easier, and more stable to learn on a 450. Do you use any kind of simulator? Those are also highly recommended, and I sure am liking using the one I got:) crashes are a lot cheaper! good luck with this new awesome hobby:)

The 450 is suggested for many reasons. One is because it's larger than the 250 so it's more stable, but it's cheaper than a 500 when you crash. Yes, when, not if :biggrin1:.

Oh man, thanks for that! I LOVE LOVE LOVE this new hobby. . . I am enjoying the HELL out of it!!!!! It's just SOOOOOO exciting getting a new heli and looking forward to flying it!!!!! And seriously? a 450????!!!!!!!!! I just ordered the blade 450. . . and it's more stable?????
I have the Phoenix simulator, and also the one from bananahobby.com. . . don't know if you're familiar with it, BlitzRcWorks Flight Simulator? Phoenix seems to be better.
So, you're a senior memeber already? Will I be only after a few mos? And I see you have a super cub foamie? I have the mini cub, I was SOOO excited when I got it up in the air the first time. . . it almost seemed too easy! I guess that's because it was! It's meant to fly itself! I also have the dx6i, and I LOVE it. I bought the JR x9503 and I'm still using the DX....I guess bc the JR is so complicated. I also have all of your helis. . . I LOVE them all. . . which one do you think I should spend the most time on? I have Blade: mcx2, msrx, 120SR, mcpx, SR, TREX250, and coming are blade 450, and the new Pete signature series from banana hobby, I think that one is gonna be AWESOME! Anyway, this got a little long, just excited to meet another noobe I guess. .. Thanks for the post and I hope to talk to you more

I have heard some pretty bad things about the Blade 450 compared to the Align 450's. They are not as strong, the servos are not as good, but they can get you in the air. They are a 450 size heli, so they will teach you something. Just don't expect them to do what the trex can do as far as 3D is concerned.

UH OH,. . .you shouldn't have shown me those sites!!!!! I think I may go for a TREX 450 now! What's the difference between all of those different kits, like super combo, pro kit combo, all different kinds of the same heli. . .

The super combo will come with everything but the Tx/Rx. And the parts are top notch. If I was going to build another heli, I would only go with the super combo. There have been issues with the 410 cyclic servos, but I think they have resolved those issues.

the align 450's are "pro" "pro v2" "pro 3gx (no flybar)" "sport" and "sport v2". the sports are the belt driven tails, and I heard the v2's aren't all they're cracked up to be. the sport super combo is what I got my eyes on:) just need to find a few bucks first.

There is nothing wrong with the V2, nothing at all. In my first videos when I had the HK450GT, that is based off the V2 design. I loved that heli and for what it was, it was just stupid stable.

Super Combo means that it comes with everything you need except the battery and radio gear. If you already have the blade 450, then look at getting a Trex 500. The difference in stability over the 450 is huge and the 600 is even more so. I am a total addict too John. Had 7 helis by the second month of flying. :D

I don't know if he is ready for a 500 just yet. BUT... it would be a great heli to get if you have your blade 450 down pat. the 500 super combo comes with a great set of servos, and it runs on a 6s battery and not a 3s. What's that mean? MORE POWER lol. If you think you are ready, then skip the align 450 and get the 500. You want to talk about stability, this thing has it.

Yup, I'm the multi-quote king :biggrin1:

John

Thank you for the response. . . yes, I am addicted bigtime. . . six helis, five planes and two helis on their way, first or second month now, LOL.

John

Oh, wow, I didn't know that one of the trex's came with a gear driven tail. . . i prefer belt driven myself for some reason. And yes, like you answering my questions. . . that's what I like about this forum, very good. Thank you for the reply

John

Ohhh, yes, I think I've seen those trex mockups. . . what are they called, do you know? I'm into that. . . and putting the trex parts on as it breaks. . .that sounds like something I'd like. . .thanks for the input

John

I LOVE the multi quotes. . .thank you so much for all of that info .. .I LOVE it!!!! Anyway Tony, I have come a LONG way, just today. . . I can now hover ALL of my helis, with NO problem. . . I found out the tricks! Number one. . .intuition. . . you have to be able to see where the heli is going to go, and counter that direction just about before it does it. Number two. . . constant input, and number three, a perfectly trimmed out heli. I am feeling really good about this. But I'm not gonna become overconfident, because wisdom tells me where that takes me, lol. Thank you for all of the good hints. I'm probably gonna take your advice and go with the trex 450, but I wanna know who makes the mockups. Oh, and btw, it's so funny when I read your responses. . . I can hear you talking when I read it, LOL! I love southern accents, my grandparents used to live in N.C. So how's Oklahoma? Are there tornados where you are? And when I respond, are my responses going to the right ppl when I just hit post reply?

Tony

Staff member
Tornados are an every year thing here in Oklahoma, we are used to it. And when you click reply, everyone can see them. I'm going to merge your posts together just because it's neater.

If you want to do a multi-quote like I did, just click the far bottom right icon (to the right of the "reply" button) with the + sign on it. Do this for every response you want to quote. Then, on the last one, click "Reply With Quote". It will open a box with all of the quotes in there. Just go right under them, and start typing your response to them. Make sure to leave a space at the top and bottom of your post so it doesn't look as cluttered.

John

Tony, hey, how are you? I haven't heard from you in awhile. . . I was wondering a few things. . . I have been buying helis like CRAZY!!! I just bought three hk's from hobbyking. I bought a 450 (2), and a 600, and I was wondering what type of servos to get for each. Please help!!!!

Tony

Staff member
When I had my 450's, I used the MG90S on the cyclic from hobbypartz and the EXI D213F on the tail with the HK 250 gyro. If you run that gyro, you have to use a digital servo on the tail. As for the servos on the 600, I used THESE. Make sure your BEC is big enough, and don't even think about using an HK ESC, they are junk. Get the HobbyWing from hobbypartz. Adn get the program box...

John

unfortunately, they're out of the mg90s. . .but my main question is, how do you tell what size, or weight servo to use with a given size helicopter, like a 450, can you just use anything that says micro servo. . . I know there's different sizes, like the smaller than micro, micro, etc. . .how do I know which?

John

and the hk250 gyro, does that mean 250 size, or is that just the name of the gyro? Sorry for all the noobe questions. . . I'm just dying to know all of these things. . . thanks for your patience with me

Tony

Staff member
I would not run a BEC on that size heli that was under 10a. If you get the motor I had on my heli, you can get away with the 60a ESC from hobbypartz and it has a built in BEC that will run the servos, and the motor without breaking a sweat.

As for the size, the 250 and 450 use micro 9g servos, 500 and the tail on the 450 pro use a mini servo (26g), and the 600's and bigger use a standard size servo, not sure of the weight on that one but the ones I posted were 46.5g.

And the gyro I listed I used on my 250, 450, 500 and 600. You are going to have to get your blades balanced perfect for it to work on bigger heli's though. Vibration doesn't do well with that gyro. In all honesty, if you have the money, get the Align GP-780 and put on that heli with the Align DS-620 tail servo. It's going to run about $250, but you will never have to worry about the tail. If you want top of the line cyclic servos, get the Align DS-610's. Again, rock solid.

My suggestion if you have the money, get everything Align. Motor, ESC, Servos, gyro, main gear and so on. The helicopter kit is great, but knockoff parts are just that, knockoff's. You want quality with the electronics. And when you are swinging 55" of blades, you need all the security you can get.

If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask. That is what we are here for. I miss my 600 greatly and wish I had it back, but helping you get this one in the air is the second best thing :biggrin1:

John

oh man, thanks a lot Tony, that means a lot to me. I didn't know you could order align servos directly, do you have a website? or do some LHS carry them?

Tony

Staff member
I'm sure your LHS has the servos, and if they don't, they can get them. The site I have always used, and have great luck with, is ReadyHeli.com. I have ordered all of my align parts from them, and if I wasn't in a hurry for the parts for my mcpx, I would have ordered those parts as well. Check them out, they are great people.

Tony

Staff member
If the Rx is big enough to stay somewhat cool, you can put it under the battery tray. I had a 30 amp (get a 40, 30 is too small) and it was getting too hot under there. But a 40a will do just fine as long as it will fit. Afterall, that is what that plate was made for.

Top Bottom