Micro Blade SR

John

Hello, my name is John and this is my first post. . ..THANKS TONI!!! I am having an issue with the blade sr, i can't seem to get the tail to stay in one place, even with the trim all the way to one side. Does anybody know how to fix this?

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Is it going around fast or slow? Fast... May be the motor isn't hooked on correctly(if its a motor driven tail) ... Or your gyro correction, is goin off.

Tony

Staff member
Hey John, just a FYI, it's Tony :biggrin1:

How old is the helicopter and what direction while looking at it from the top is it rotating?

John

Hey Tony, thanks for replying. . . it's going to the left. . . and to coolgabsi. . . it's a motor driven tail, and it's just drifting to the left, won't stay stable. . . I think I may have found the problem. . . I have to adjust the ESC two in one unit, it has a potentiometer dial on it. Also, I ordered the belt driven tail for it, if anybody is interested, I know they haven't been available, if anybody wants one, please reply.

Tony

Staff member
If the pot doesn't work, then you may be looking at replacing the tail motor. They are known for going out after 15-20 flights. Let us know how that belt tail goes. Never heard of an SR with that setup before.

John

Tony. . . about that motor. . . I changed it, soldered the new wires onto new one, now the motor doesn't work. It cranked up a few times, then died. I put a battery to it, and then it turned a few times and died for good. When I soldered, I didn't use a clip to absorb the heat on the capacitor, but I don't know it that would have helped. I'm so upset with this SR now. . . It's brand new to answer your question, I'm a noobe, and I attempted flying it only a few times. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, John

John

BTW... can you use spektrum radios with vibe helicopters? Since I'm a noobe, I only know of TREX and Blade brands. Do you have any advice for me as for which way to go in purchasing helis?

Tony

Staff member
I'm pretty sure you can use Spektrum Tx's with any blade product out there. They are usually sold as BNF (Bind-N-Fly). As for the Vibe, only if you can put a Rx on it from Spektrum. I don't think they are DSM2 or DSMX though.

As for the tail motor, you may have gotten it too hot and unsoldered the brushes inside the motor. It doesn't take much heat to mess them up. I would maybe take it to the LHS and see if they can solder one on for you. Inconvenient I know, but you will know it's done correctly.

John

Thank you for the response Tony. . . is an Rx a receiver? And I'm in the hobby store every other day, so it's not inconvenient, hopefully they'll do it for me, but I'd prefer to do it myself, I'm studying electronics very deeply, and I want to be able to do it, I'd feel bad if I didn't. Do you know how I'd prevent the motor from overheating while soldering? Use a lower heat, or put a heatsink somewhere?

Tony

Staff member
Yes, Rx is Receiver. And I use my soldering iron set on about 660ºF and use very quick movements. touch the gun to the part, touch the solder, as soon as it flows, take the gun off and let it cool. Then lightly tug on the wire to make sure you don't have a cold solder joint.

John

Great, thank you so much for your fast responses and all of your help so far, I really do appreciate it Tony

Lee

The belt will be the way to go John. Those motors do go very quickly. And yes you can put a Spektrum RX in a Vibe. Which Vibe are you looking at? Unless a heli comes with a built in RX, you can pretty much put what ever system you want in there.

John

The belt will be the way to go John. Those motors do go very quickly. And yes you can put a Spektrum RX in a Vibe. Which Vibe are you looking at? Unless a heli comes with a built in RX, you can pretty much put what ever system you want in there.

I was looking at one on horizon hobby.....how are they? Is that a good site?

Lee

Horizon Hobby are one of the biggest RC companies in the world. Spektrum and Blade Helis are HH

John

AWESOME,.. . . that's what I thouht. . . I have a feeling I'm going to be doing a lot of business with them! Thank you for the assurance guys. . . and for responding so quickly, that's the main thing I LOVE about this forum. . . Anyway .. . my new question is this. . . Every time I try to fly my helicopter, SR, Trex250, etc., it's all over my backyard. Now is this because it's just not setup/trimmed properly, or because I'm not doing something right?

gravybird

Hey John, I'm kind of a Noob also, so lets try a little blind leading the blind. Now with both of those being collective pitch, they will move through the air very quick, and almost seem impossible to control in a hover. Thats how it seems to go for me, whenever I try a new heli, I think "I am never gonna get this thing, it's impossible to hover!" than after several battery cycles, and crashes it starts to make some sense. I was reading the other day that the trex 250 is not recommended for beginners at all! Like Tony and many others on here say, Its easier, and more stable to learn on a 450. Do you use any kind of simulator? Those are also highly recommended, and I sure am liking using the one I got:) crashes are a lot cheaper! good luck with this new awesome hobby:)

gravybird

And from my experience, Horizon Hobby is pretty awesome! They are taking a lot longer than I'd like for them to fix my mcpx, but they are up front with me about it, and you get to speak with a human every time you call if you want:) Also another member told me the other day that horizon is not an align (trex) distributor, and their prices on align are high, he recommended these two places for align stuff. I called Ron from ronlund.com, and he was very helpful, and answered all of my questions, more than likely where I will be making my trex purchase.

http://www.experiencerc.com/store/
http://www.ronlund.com/

Last edited:

John

Oh man, thanks for that! I LOVE LOVE LOVE this new hobby. . . I am enjoying the HELL out of it!!!!! It's just SOOOOOO exciting getting a new heli and looking forward to flying it!!!!! And seriously? a 450????!!!!!!!!! I just ordered the blade 450. . . and it's more stable?????
I have the Phoenix simulator, and also the one from bananahobby.com. . . don't know if you're familiar with it, BlitzRcWorks Flight Simulator? Phoenix seems to be better.
So, you're a senior memeber already? Will I be only after a few mos? And I see you have a super cub foamie? I have the mini cub, I was SOOO excited when I got it up in the air the first time. . . it almost seemed too easy! I guess that's because it was! It's meant to fly itself! I also have the dx6i, and I LOVE it. I bought the JR x9503 and I'm still using the DX....I guess bc the JR is so complicated. I also have all of your helis. . . I LOVE them all. . . which one do you think I should spend the most time on? I have Blade: mcx2, msrx, 120SR, mcpx, SR, TREX250, and coming are blade 450, and the new Pete signature series from banana hobby, I think that one is gonna be AWESOME! Anyway, this got a little long, just excited to meet another noobe I guess. .. Thanks for the post and I hope to talk to you more

John

UH OH,. . .you shouldn't have shown me those sites!!!!! I think I may go for a TREX 450 now! What's the difference between all of those different kits, like super combo, pro kit combo, all different kinds of the same heli. . .

Top Bottom