General blade pitch ? ?

had to reverse my gyro now its stop spinning ,but when I spool up it lifts and act like its going to lay over to the right, any help on whats going on would be nice, or is it just me not wanting to crash it lol , spooling up the landing skid gets light and then the lift side lift off befor the right side skid, that's why I am thinking it will lay over.

Hey Walt, My SR does the same thing...even with a level swashplate and no trims set! I ditto what Blackwarrior said...You might look a your blade trackng also? Are blades level? And your flybar must be equally weighted, leveled with flybar cage and balanced if you used the weights which came on it? These are explained in your owners manual "how to"...A LITTLE stick in the opposite direction may help you to get to hover. Once you get to a hover you can manually trim if needed.

That's all this novice has got...

All the best flying!

Terry
"HeliBaby1527"
Va. Beach, VA

walt2014

thank you all for your response , I took the head off and reset the swash plate, and reset every thing up , and check all levels

all done at mid stick, so I tried for a lift off ?? well as I spooled up with out the gyro turn on it span fast to the left anti-clockwise wow as fast as it did then I cut the motor trun on gyro hh and spooled up??? no spin????? ok hh works great,
still spooling up its trying to lift off and tip over to the right,?? ok this time I started to use the trims on the dx6i and got it stopped trying to tip over to the right, this is with the tail facing me at all times , ok had to stop for a smoke to calm my nerves lol and took of my boots so not to shake in them ok ok lol the only helicopter I have flown is a 9053 lol well , so this is a big step up from that, anyway with feet firm on the ground and my 2nd smoke lit , spooling up ?? looks good more power and lift off wow ok ok I got it off the ground lol but only 5 " and held it there , dam hot out , happy with that I set it back down, and came in , to hot outside, so I need to know what did I do wrong anything?? every thing moves so fast lol how so slow my movements down on the settings, . thank you all lol I will try to fly it when it cools off later to day .

You're doing great, Walt...just be cool and calm. Keep remembering what you've learned and practice hovering. You're going to be flying before you know it! Just practice, practice and more practice! What you've done sounds good to me...

Happy Hovering!

All the best,
Terry
"HeliBaby1527"
Va. Beach, VA

walt2014

well time to get a sim's getting p.o at my self keep crashing , lol oh well waiting for parts, glad it don't coast a lot . to fix it

Tony

Staff member
Crashing is all part of the fun. Er, okay, crashing is not fun lol.

A simulator is a great, and important investment in the Rc Hobby. I HIGHLY suggest Phoenix since you are flying helicopters. And, most of us on here have the phoenix sim and we can all get online together.

Hang in there, Walt! Everybody crashes, even the RC Heli Pros sometimes...checkout the videos on YouTube! I bought Phoenix V5 a couple of months ago and I agree with Tony that it's the way to go. It has helped me so much, and the best part is when you crash, in a few seconds you have a brand new model to fly! Repair and parts cost = $0...How sweet is that! You can use your own transmitter too, which is awesome!

You CAN do this Walt...it just means practicing every day on the sim and with your "real" helis too! It just takes a lot of time and patience...I'm sure the more experienced fliers on here would say the same thing.

Keep us posted on your progress!

cml001

Can't go wrong w Phoenix Sim... U can crash all day long and not spend a dime! Prolly won't get much house work done, but u will build skill and confidence with a sim. Having said that.. The real world is a little different... But you will feel that as you go.. Simulators are worth there weight in gold! Get one!

Top Bottom