500 Blade 550 X Pro (Build Thread)

pvolcko

heh. Yeah, it attracts grubs, all sorts of wildlife, etc. I just need to make sure it is on my side of the prop line before I go axing it.

pvolcko

Almost had a big oops moment. Lost track of time and way overflew my battery. Roughly 13 minutes. Didn't realize it until it started almost falling from about 15 feet up. Heavy winds here today too (the reason I was flying in the first place, to help dial in the tail gain and see how it handled in the wind and gusting). So it was a handful getting it down in one piece, but succeeded.

So, setting my alarm to 8 minutes and will get it down the second it starts beeping it's warning at me. :)

Also, it handled great in the wind and gusting. I'm still figuring out the tail gain. Lower settings it has a slower wag motion, higher settings it "darts" around the hold position. 55-65 is the sweet spot, need a little more time to dial it in.

Tony

Staff member
Nice save! I think we have all done that lol. Having way too much fun then it starts to spool down lmao. Then... IT'S AUTO TIME!!! lmao

pvolcko

Well, luckily I was still under some power. If it just cut out totally I would have been screwed with the wind and the position of the heli at the time. Likely would have been diving for cover.

Adam

do we got some vids of this thing yet lol great job its always nice to save our birds.

pvolcko

There are two or three videos posted a bit earlier in the thread. Working on getting some with better resolution.

pvolcko

Last video to be posted in the thread. Some forward flight from yesterday.

[video=youtube_share;l950l3GtyzQ]http://youtu.be/l950l3GtyzQ[/video]

pvolcko

Need to find a field I can use that's a bit more open without trees in the middle of it. I like practicing in the restricted environment. Just like flying the nano indoors, I find it hones my speed and control skills. However, it practice turns and any sport flying I'm going to have to get a little more space. That or else do it all at pretty high altitude so I can clear things. But then I may end up sight and disorientation issues. Farmer has a field across the street I can ask to use maybe. Park down the road from me a bit. That and I need to ask my neighbor if he minds if I fly over his property. That would open things up a bit for me too.

canongraphy

Nice job! that 550 looks like a great bird!
And looks like you have it controlled well, Thanks for the vids and keep them coming!

Top Bottom