Chargers B6AC charger with burnt trace. Need New Charger Suggestions!

Westy

LEGEND
yeah .... put 3 of those Servo PSU units together inseries and you got yourself a mean 32VDC system! ... that should dim the street lights when you hook up all your batts and draw off the grid!

Tony

Staff member
Thanks for the link Andy, however I Have an issue with helipal. I have ordered a couple things from them, and when I had an issue, I ceased to exist. I think I'm going to go for one of the iChargers when I have the cash. I'm REALLY thinking about going with one of the 1000w chargers so that I can charge any battery there is at any amp that I wish. The higher the wattage it will handle, the cooler it will charge at lower amps that heat up my charger.

I'm happy to report that I was able to charge all of my batteries last night and the B6AC did it flawlessly. Now, I have the Thunder AC6 that matt used to own and it's working great as well. He says that it has an issue after a lightning strike, but I'm not seeing any of that. It's about done charging the first battery I put on it. Fixing to put on one of my 2200's and stick it on 5 amps. It will only charge at 4.2-4.3 amps though since it's limited to 50w. But, I'm going ot max it out and see if I can get it to mess up.

Westy

LEGEND
so you got it going again?????

What you could to is cut a groove into the board (V shapped where the old trace went and lay down some copper into it .... then tin the length of it ... and resin over it .... will e better than the original.

- - - Updated - - -

The 400v2 is one that I was looking at. There is another one just like it, but is dual 200w chargers in one. so you can charge two batteries at once. I'm looking to the future though when I have 6s packs and need to charge upwards of 6 amps for 1c. That is 133 watts by it's self. And if you charge over 1c, then you are going to need to double that number. So, the 400 would work, but "would work" is not what I'm all about. Bigger and better hahahaha. I will look into that 400v2 though and give it some thought.

I run 3 6s batteries at once on my Mega V2 ... simple T-Connector 6 x batt parralell board .... works perfectly .... of you if you are running XT 60 you can go that board. they are cheap as ships ..... I run The 600W PSU off Hobby king ..... but since it peaks only at 17V it will only deliver 16 amps (haha ... only ) constantly

- - - Updated - - -

I pulled the banana plugs out of the charger, well, the negative, and it touched the case. The balance plug was still plugged in.

Ouch .... that is charger connecting and disconnecting 101 issues ;) ...... From the manuals I have read .... when connecting to batt ... connect Balance port last ... and disconnecting ... disconnect Balance cable first.

Yep ... I remember correctly ... from the Hyperion site ....

IMPORTANT TECH NOTES FROM HYPERION

Connection Order:
Always connect the MAIN pack leads (the two +/- thick wires) to the charger FIRST, then insert the BALANCE Connector into the charger balance adapter.

Disconnection Order:
Always disconnect the BALANCE connector from the charger FIRST and then disconnect the MAIN pack leads (the two +/- thick wires).

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
Eh, I wasn't paying attention when I was putting everything away. I had thought I unplugged the battery already, and just reached over and pulled out the banana plugs. It was my mistake. But yes, I got it going again. No need to grind, find copper, lay copper, tin and so on when the wires are doing the same thing. It's all good. I'm able to charge batteries and do some flying. Hopefully in the morning, I can put this 600 in the air. I got up to step J and had to stop because I don't have a pitch gauge. Sucks.

Top Bottom