Are We Doing Something Wrong?

Tony

Staff member
Over the last couple months, I have noticed the forum activity has been going down. I'm talking we are half of where we were 3 months ago. What is RCH doing wrong? Let us know of any issues that you think should be corrected that you have seen. Our members and the posts they make are what keep this forum going. Without the members posting, RCH will ultimately go away. Let us know how we can fix this.

Slobberdog

Tony, personally I don't think there is a lot wrong, I do believe that RCH may be a victim of its own sucsess, in that I mean, there is a wealth of knowledge on here now and people find the answer to a lot of questions withing the forum already, without the need to post alot of questions,

I have noticed as I am not getting new stuff, and am doing more with what I have I am posting less questions.

Graham Lawrie

Hi Tony, I don't think anything is wrong. Reading what is going on with others, I would say we all have had life events keeping us occupied elsewhere.

We as members are all very passionate about our hobby and sharing, and spreading the good word of RCH.

heli-maniac

What I have seen Lately is like a broken record on 450 set up and ? when there are tons of info on that here on this site alone
I dont post much anymore do to Low reply or second guessing of what i have said . sorry i will not say something if i dont know what im talking about
Oh thats right i just started this hobby Yesterday
I all so have been really bad sick in and out of the hospital for the last month so my Hobbies on Hold cant fly if you cant stand up
Okay going to finish my Cherry Slushy now

Tony

Staff member
Tony, personally I don't think there is a lot wrong, I do believe that RCH may be a victim of its own sucsess, in that I mean, there is a wealth of knowledge on here now and people find the answer to a lot of questions withing the forum already, without the need to post alot of questions,

I have noticed as I am not getting new stuff, and am doing more with what I have I am posting less questions.

You may be on to something here. We do have a lot of info on here, but there is always room for more. We are in the works of getting a new server right now that is much larger than the one we have right now. my thought is the forum going down because of memory issues was part of it. But, you may also be correct in that people are finding what they want in searches.

Hi Tony, I don't think anything is wrong. Reading what is going on with others, I would say we all have had life events keeping us occupied elsewhere.

We as members are all very passionate about our hobby and sharing, and spreading the good word of RCH.

This could also be a good reason. I know that I have hit some serious adversity, but being the owner, I have to stay on here. But yeah, we have had quite a few members out either sick, or just in overall hard times such as mysef.

What I have seen Lately is like a broken record on 450 set up and ? when there are tons of info on that here on this site alone
I dont post much anymore do to Low reply or second guessing of what i have said . sorry i will not say something if i dont know what im talking about
Oh thats right i just started this hobby Yesterday
I all so have been really bad sick in and out of the hospital for the last month so my Hobbies on Hold cant fly if you cant stand up
Okay going to finish my Cherry Slushy now

I know what you are saying, and I'm a little up in arms over that as well. Someone asks a question, you give an answer, then they argue with your answer. At that time, I just stop helping them. I hate to be that way, but you can only help those that want the help. Get better soon bro.

RMB677

Tony, are there statistics on visits vs. posts? You might be surprised that there are a good number of people viewing the site that have nothing to say. I'm usually in that group, I only talk when I have a question or something worthwhile to contribute.

Lee

Maybe it the summer months. Everyone is flying and outside. See if it starts to rise now summer in over.

murankar

Staff member
I know here in texas the weather is finally breaking. We are nearing the end of the 100+ degree weather. These last few months have been unflyable for the most part due to the heat and humidity. Now that fall is starting to come in I think more people in this area will be out flying, except this weekend due to the forecasted rain.

For overall, most of the posts in the heli section have been Align T-rex 450 3gx (pro, sport, rtf, arf). There is so much info on here on those rigs that there really is no need to ask about them. Now you do have the few that hate using search and just ask the questions anyways.

I have discovered that once you know your heli or any rc vehicle for that matter it all becomes the same. An esc is an esc in its barest form, features is what sets them apart along with quality. Servos are servos, gyros in the end are gyros.

I mostly surf the forum now to see if there is ant input that I can contribute. Lately most of the stuff I read is in areas that I have no working knowledge and feel its better not to speak. Now I will be looking at doing some more with my radio since info on it is lacking on here. I hope to add more content so I can contribute to the site.

Karubah

Tony, I know that I have not been on here as much lately due to other conflicting interests now that the weather is warming up in the Southern Hemisphere. As stated ealier there is a lot of information on here that is very easy to find due to the forum layout so you don't have to go trawling through hundreds of threads to find out what you are looking for. Just my 2 cents worth.

Stambo

Winter has just finished here and the weather is still garbage.
This means no or very little flying for me.
Unless you want to see vids of me bouncing a v911 off the walls, ceiling, table, chairs, dog. :)

Hey Tony,
I don't think the forum is doing anything wrong, I know I haven't been on quite as much as I was originally, I just haven't needed to be on.
Yeah I think at one point it did get a bit annoying with some people asking for advice but not accepting what was given to them. But that being said, this is still the first place I come to when I want to find anything out or do my research on something.
I've also been busy with other stuff, which has prevented me from getting on here quite as often. I'm sure it will pick up again. You've made some good changes to the site that will help people find what they are after, and should help drive traffic this way.

Adam

I think it is still great. Life gets busy we all know that. I check in once in awhile and catch up but i havent even had time for my hobby between work and family. Dont worry tony it is still the easiest place to get new ideas, How things work and how to website around.

Whirlybird

Nothing wrong Tony! People do get distracted by life . . . got to find a way to do something about that :yikes:

I do notice that another forum I used to frequent has been "down with technical difficulties" for at least the past 3 months. So maybe it's RC "flew" season :biggrin1:

Dirk

I love this forum Tony. Yeah, work does get in the way sometimes. But this is still THE source for info of all kinds. Keep it up, you've got something special going here.

pvolcko

Yeah, I wouldn't read into things too much, Tony. Let it ride for a while. See what the change in seasons brings.

Tony

Staff member
I was pretty sure that the slow down was just life getting in the way. However, in the task of trying to create the perfect forum for RC, I have to ask this question and so far, NO ONE has said anything was wrong with RCH. As the owner and founder, this makes me feel quite good in knowing that all of hte work and hours that I put into this forum every week is paying off. People are happy, the information is out there and best of all, we are all having fun!

Thanks for the replies guys, it means a lot.

Stambo

You want to know what's "wrong" with it from my perspective. :)
It is an addiction. It is not as good as flying but at least I get to see or read about others flying.
If I don't check at least 3 times a day I get withdrawal symptoms. :)

Tony

Staff member
lmao, I know how you feel there Stambo! When we first moved, I was not on here for 3 days. it's the longest I have taken off from the site since the day I pushed the button to take it live! I love this forum, I love interacting with people from all over the world and I definitely love the fact that I have a small hand in putting a smile on peoples faces when they have their first successful flight or get their car started up for the first time. It's a drug, and there is no rehab lmao.

It's this reason that we are looking to do some upgrading here soon to help better improve this great forum. It's going to be a lot of money, and even more time invested, but it will be worth it when it's all said and done.

Top Bottom