500 ALZRC Devil 420 FAST - build log

Smoggie

I got a great surprise yesterday, those nice people at BangGood asked me to do a build review of the new ALZRC Devil 420 FAST:D So I've not got the kit yet but it's sitting ready to ship in my BangGood account, so hopefully it will be here in a week or two.

This is the heli for those who havent seen it before: ALZRC Devil 420 FAST at BangGood

The Devil 420 FAST is basically a stretch of the Devil 380 FAST, which most people will know is a clone of the Goblin 380. I've not made my mind up on build spec yet but the ALZRC motor and servos look like great value so chances are that's the way i'll go.

Motor: ALZRC Devil 380 420 FAST RC Helicopter Parts Upgraded Brushless Main Motor 1000KV
Swash Servos: ALZRC Devil 380 420 480 Parts DS452MG 450 CCPM Mini Digital Metal Servo
Tail Servo: ALZRC Devil 380 480 Parts DS501MG 450-500 Medium Digital Metal Locked Rudder Servo

ESC I'm not sure on, I think the Hobbywing 60A that commonly gets fitted to the 380 may be a bit on the small side for the 420, so maybe the HW 80A would be the ticket? FBL might depend on what i can get hold of at a good price but a Kbar is the fallback option.

A quick pic:
c9c1841f-d060-419b-b725-d61af709809f.jpg

Tony

Staff member
I guess Rc-Help isn't good enough to get this helicopter. Been trying for over a year. Cool, this seals it, I'm done with banggood.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
I ended up getting the HW 100A V3 instead of the 80A for my 500 even though I knew it was an over kill because the 100A was about $25.00 cheaper then the 80A. I know you have this site and card for the discount Smoggie. Contact Us – HOBBYWING North America I think your the one to turn me on to this site awhile back.

Derek

Good looking helicopter, Smoggie! I've been looking into getting the 380 version.

Best of luck with your build!

Smoggie

Hi Derek,
They are a interesting design, very low parts count, nice and simple. I like the 420 even more than the 380 as it should have lighter disk loading so fly at a fait bit lower headspeed.

Tony

Staff member
And a 100% direct clone of the SDB Goblin. No originality. I will stick with the real thing.

Smoggie

I understand that they have tweaked a few minor details, but yes, basically it is a direct clone of the Goblin. The word elsewhere is that it may even be better quality than the original, but I'm not making that claim as I havent even seen it yet. I did just get a shipping notification so it is on it's way.

I need to start thinking about ordering servos and a motor. A lot of people use KST servos in the 380/420. The KST BL215MG and BL565X combination seems very popular and i have had great results with KST servos on other helis. The ALZRC servos actually look remarkably similar to KST, i wonder if they might be KST servos but branded ALZRC, in the same way as KST make servos for Hobbyking that get branded Turnigy?

Tony

Staff member
Yes, ALZRC servos are KST rebranded. The ALZRC 60a ESC is a rebranded Hobbywing as well.

vyrnguy

The word elsewhere is that it may even be better quality than the original, but I'm not making that claim as I havent even seen it yet.

Yeah that's what I hear too.

As for the servos, from what I hear they are not KST or Servo King, they are some other brand which I have forgotten the name :(

The ESC is a HW though.

None the less that's a mighty fine score, sure there will be a few out there that might be scorn, but i am very happy for you. ;)

Smoggie

Thanks for the support and suggestions.

Batteries are something else I'll need to ponder. I have four 6S 2600mAh but they are right on the upper size limit and will be on the heavy side. I'll probably buy a couple of 6S 2200mAh

holtneil

Hi Steve are you going to ask Banggood for a deal on parts as we said over the phone the other day then you can say it all came from Banggood
great looking heli

Smoggie

D.O.G. I've no first hand experience of the ALZRC 450 Pro but my impression is that ALZRC is one of the better quality clones. For $72 that one looks like a good buy, plus it has the conventional FBL head which with it's longer main shaft should be better than DFC for a scale project.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Thanks Smoggie! For the price, I think I can't go wrong. I was just curious since you was building the 420.

holtneil

Hi D.O.G check the height why I say this is I had the copterx black angel I got the airwolf kit from copterx for it as its ment for that airframe but the airframe is to tall to fit in so I landed up fitting it into a KDS jet ranger body as the KDS heli is a taller airframe than the copterx

Top Bottom