600 Align trex 550pro dfc build

cml001

Humm.. No help on the wire routing... All righty then. I'll play with it some tomorrow.. Just want the servos routed first.

pvolcko

If I had one I'd help. :) I've posted pics of wiring on 700s and my 550x I think. Will dig up some links and post again.

xokia

Humm.. No help on the wire routing... All righty then. I'll play with it some tomorrow.. Just want the servos routed first.

Kinda hard to post anything since everything is mostly routed inside the frame. I have my BEC pro and telemetry module mounted on the bottom inside of the frame.
283F7E62-52D5-4B3E-9187-78DDD1465B2B_zpsczs8rwbx.gif

FE736F72-6442-413A-8C6E-039DEFECA252_zpsp0roenq2.gif

39C1C687-F133-4DEB-A609-46D3CAF5C72B_zps4cx8cwji.gif

Last edited:

cml001

That a 120 ESC under the tray? Was curious if it would fit there or have to go on the side... Cool, thanks guys.

cml001

Thanks for the help Paul & Xokia... I appreciate the help.. Here are some shots of the preliminary wiring... As much room as I have compared to my 450... Where it's gonna connect to the FBL unit it gets tight routing around the ele servo and the front tail gear assembly... Well see if this works out.. I don't want to much tention as that make for vibs to the FBL units... But I don't like slack either..

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Still gotta figure out the ele servo... The holes in the frame where the front tail gear box has an opening on top and bottom of the boom... I could wrap it around that 2 or 3 times.. I did that on my 450 and it worked nice... Eat lunch and come back to it.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

xokia

I buy extensions if I need longer wires to route them the way I want. I don't like my wires tight either that's why I leave the wire loom off about 2 inches before it goes to the FBL. The elevator servo I think I cheated and just cut the wire shorter.

cml001

I was think'n bout that! On servo wire would u solder or just crimp them before u insert them to to connector?

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah I think that's what I'll do!

xokia

I just chopped the wire about 2 inches from the connector. Then cut the rest off the other end. Soldered the two pieces together then put the wire loom over it.

cml001

Well, I didn't cut the ele wire, I just did another fold same as the other servo wires... The assembly sections are thread locked, everything else is dry fitted... But this is as far as it goes for awhile. The canopy that had a small crack in it is an alternate.. Can't decide which I like better.. Anyhow.. Here is all I got for a bit.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
I still can't get over the size.. Scary!

- - - Updated - - -

I also have a few options that I haven't put on it yet.. Just cause.. The red Fusuno fins, the tail support rods aren't on, etc..

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

xokia

Looking good you will like that 730mx in there. If you have gov govern to 2300 rpms. If you dont fly gov that thing has even more power.
You can really toss that thing around and if you have 65C battery nothing ever gets warm. You can fly pack after pack in it without waiting.

cml001

Expensive! Most likely doin the pulse 5500 45c

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone kno where I can find red ball links for this?

cml001

You've got mail! Got my rx pack today! It has 2 power leads tho? One with an ec3 and one with a servo connector.. And the the balance lead of course... So my ? Is that is this for 2 options to source the power. 1) straight to the fbl unit or 2) to the regulator and from the regulator to the fbl unit. Option 2 is what I'm using... That right?
image.jpg
image.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Test... On 2 fronts... Plugged the pk into the reg... Powers up.. Check! Had a crash on my 450 today and thought it needed servo gears.. Plugged the reg into the beast and power up.. Servos r all fine. SCORE!

image.jpg

image.jpg

Tony

Staff member
Yes, they do this so you have the option of running a straight lipo to the Rx, or you can plug it into a BEC. What ever you do, do NOT plug one into a BEC then the other into the Rx! That woudl end with a really awesome (in its literal sense) smoke show and a maxed out credit card to replace everything.

Merv49

Yes, and yes it fits

I'm using the Castle 90 ESC on my 550 and wonder how you did the wires on your esc. I wanted the ability to easily unplug the esc. Do you have a close up picture? Did you use extension wires?
Thanks
Merv

Merv49

I'm using the Castle 90 ESC on my 550 and wonder how you did the wires on your esc. I wanted the ability to easily unplug the esc. Do you have a close up picture? Did you use extension wires?
Thanks
Merv

Never mind. I looked at your posted picture until it finally dawned on me how you installed your ESC. Just turn it around so battery leads are facing aft and make some extensions. Easy to unplug and you don't have to ever move the ESC if you don't want to.

xokia

Never mind. I looked at your posted picture until it finally dawned on me how you installed your ESC. Just turn it around so battery leads are facing aft and make some extensions. Easy to unplug and you don't have to ever move the ESC if you don't want to.
You don't need any extensions. Not with the 120HV anyway.

Top Bottom