Hobbywing C-Platinum 40a ESC
KST MS325 Cyclic servos
KST MS565 Tail servo
Venom Fly 1300mah 22.2v battery
Microbeast Plus flybarless unit
Spektrum satelite receiver
10t pinion
121t main gear

This thing needs to be setup again, but looking forward to flying it today and this labor day weekend..

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
My only suggestion is to hold the phone sideways when taking video. It is very small when looking at it on a computer. The image below explains what we see on the computer.

Oh, and might want to see if you can slow down that spool up. It is quite fast for a helicopter. But if that is a cheaper ESC, it may not have the option.

aKzA3r6_700b.jpg

Tony

Staff member
If you have one of the better hobbywings, then you should be able to get a nice slow spool up. Keeps the tail from kicking out and I think it sounds awesome lol.

Matt

That is one of the issues with this heli.. the tail kicks out.. I'll look into getting it to spool up slower.. programming the ESC.. etc..

Matt

When I went through the Microbeast settings, I set the cyclic throw to 6 degrees.. but after I exit the menu, it shows me 9 degrees of cyclic throw..

Also, I have 11 degrees of negative pitch and 10 degrees of positive pitch.. should I fix this?

Tony

Staff member
To set your gear mesh, check out the video below. As for the cyclic pitch, that is normal. That is the gyro adding pitch to try to get the helicopter to move and since it is on the ground and not spooled up, it keeps adding a little bit because the gyro doesn't know it is not spooled up. As for the 1º difference in collective, unless you are flying hard core 3D, it will be just fine. As long as you are okay with 10º of positive collective.

Tony

Staff member
If you can't get an allen wrench in there, then yes. But, I always try to set my motors at an angle so that I can reach at least one bolt and I put that forward bolt in so that I can still access it just in case I have to make a minor adjustment. But when they are buried below the servos, there is no other choice than to remove the servos.

Tony

Staff member
I mean, you could remove the motor and motor plate and make a small adjustment and then reinstall it, but it takes 4 screws to remove the motor mount and 4 screws to remove the servos so...

Matt

Is there anyway to do the slow start from the Microbeast? There are 2 parameters called "Slow rampup speed" and "Fast rampup speed" when the LED is flashing quickly..

Is this the same as programming the ESC? If so should the value be more or less? the default values are 200 rps and 500 rps

Cyclone 7

If you can't get an allen wrench in there, then yes. But, I always try to set my motors at an angle so that I can reach at least one bolt and I put that forward bolt in so that I can still access it just in case I have to make a minor adjustment. But when they are buried below the servos, there is no other choice than to remove the servos.

Which is why I fitted this upgrade to the Tarot 450 - works like a charm :joyous:

Servo Mount.jpg

Cyclone 7

Is there anyway to do the slow start from the Microbeast? There are 2 parameters called "Slow rampup speed" and "Fast rampup speed" when the LED is flashing quickly..

Is this the same as programming the ESC? If so should the value be more or less? the default values are 200 rps and 500 rps

If you are using the Microbeast Plus, you should have your ESC set to airplane or Straight Linear throttle mode in order to hand over governor control to the MB. Then you can set your spool up rate through Studio X - I have my spool up at 100 rps but that is because I am scale orientated and I like a smooth settled start up. At least, that is how it works on the AR7210BX.

Cyclone 7

Correction to above - you can slow your spool-up rate directly from the Parameter menu level on the MB without Studio X;

Parameters.JPG

Tony

Staff member
If I remember correctly, the rampup speed is for the governor on a nitro, but with that said, it should work with an ESC, just not as well since it's electronic and not mechanical like an engine. I honestly still would set it in the ESC when you can.

And I forgot all about that newer style main block/servo mount. That would make it much easier.

Cyclone 7

If I remember correctly, the rampup speed is for the governor on a nitro, but with that said, it should work with an ESC, just not as well since it's electronic and not mechanical like an engine. I honestly still would set it in the ESC when you can.

And I forgot all about that newer style main block/servo mount. That would make it much easier.

You set it up for electric too - options N in the Set-Up Menu. Red LED for 'electric heli' option. The AR7210 internal governor works just as well as the Hobbywing's, I've discovered - very smooth and precise.

Top Bottom