450 Align Trex 450 Pro V2 - 6s Set Up

Tony

Staff member
Metal screw going into metal parts need thread lock. Use very little as shown in the video below. Especially in the tail, otherwise you can completely lock it up. But take this as a lesson and always check new parts and make sure they are put together.

Admiral

All metal to metal threads need to be loctited with BLUE loctite, and if metal to plastic a bit of CA on the tread is good if the screw is not firm enough.

murankar

Staff member
Chinese blue lock tight is called forever tight. Make sure its not made in China. Lol

As for CA, never done it to a fastener unless it was stripped. My X3 still holds tight.

leedude1

Hey boys... I just picked up 360mm blades for my 450l but realized that the stocks were 325? I had just took a quick look at AMAIN and they were selling Zeals 360 and stating compatible for 450l so i had not even checked the manual :damnit:... Clearance from tail quickly looks ok but man these are really quite a but longer than stock. Think Im going to be good swinging them?

Tony

Staff member
I wouldn't swing them without putting the L tail on the helicopter to extend it out. If you are 100% sure it will clear the tail blades then you can give it a shot. But if there is any doubt, tail boom, TT or belt, maybe the brace (I'm sure the stock one will work) would be in order. I'm sure I'm missing something else, just can't remember what it is.

leedude1

When you say L tail you mean the dominator tail? Mine is the 450L Dominator or are you referring to another L Tony?

Tony

Staff member
If you have the Align 450L dominator, then it should have come with 360mm main blades.

leedude1

No I got the super combo 3S set up mine are definitely 325 judging by the size difference and the manual says 325 also.. but just laying the blade on top there looks to be all kinds of room and my confusion came from the same thing you saw where every show compatible with Dominator L. Ill post a pic tomorrow.. and give you guys a look see.

Tony

Staff member
Time to measure your tail boom then. Stock 450 will have a 347mm tail boom and the 450L will have a 387mm tail boom. If you have the 387mm boom already then you will have no problem with clearance of the 360mm blades. Being a 3s may be an issue though. These blades take more power to swing so check your motor and ESC temp often during the first couple flights.

leedude1

Alright then, we are to something here ill check that out tomorrow and worst case we have a few upgrades to look at maybe. Nice

Tony

Staff member
If you have the longer tail boom (and I would think you do), I would look into upgrading to the 6s setup. Way more power to have more fun with.

murankar

Staff member
If its anything like the X3 then the stock frame should handle both 360 and 325 out if the box. That's if its a true 450L.

I know for sure that the X3 can handle both. I gave my 450L to @Tony and never built or flew it sink don't know.

Tony

Staff member
If it has the longer tail on it (the L) then it can go both ways. If it has the shorter tail, then 325's only IMO.

Top Bottom