Align Trex 450 Pro v2 3gx problems

Adam

Ok so i got the bird put it the tail on put satelites on binded it setup my tx did the dir settings for the 3gx did gyro and rudder settings. Tried to maiden it sorry no vid for the problem wife was sleeping. Spooled up beutifully and when it got more head speed about to lift up it wasnt a tail wag it was a tail shake. I used sub trim trim on the rudder i had to reverse my tx. Now i noticed the screw for the tail servo horn vpibrated out. Also when it initializes the status button is suppose to be green for hh mode and it is read the cyclic is all fine except the feathering shaft bolt vibrated loose and well my knee cap caught one of the blades and now i have to order tail gears cause one stripped. There I broke a perfect bird.

Adam

Ok so i got the bird put it the tail on put satelites on binded it setup my tx did the dir settings for the 3gx did gyro and rudder settings. Tried to maiden it sorry no vid for the problem wife was sleeping. Spooled up beutifully and when it got more head speed about to lift up it wasnt a tail wag it was a tail shake. I used sub trim trim on the rudder i had to reverse my tx. Now i noticed the screw for the tail servo horn vpibrated out. Also when it initializes the status button is suppose to be green for hh mode and it is read the cyclic is all fine except the feathering shaft bolt vibrated loose and well my knee cap caught one of the blades and now i have to order tail gears cause one stripped. There I broke a perfect bird.

And my gyro switch is turning the gov light red and green not from rate mode to hh i think i screwed up lol

Adam

I cant get the gov light to shut off like tony's in his video my status led is red and my gov light is controlled by my gyro switch on my TX which the gov light should be off and the status light should be the only one lit up.

- - - Updated - - -

Ordered the new gear will be here prob thurs. If someone knows how i can get my status light to be correct i am positive that should be my problem there was no cyclic error just in the rudder and that could have been the screw that vibrated out or i dont know i will get this rebuilt and this time i will get it on video but in the meantime i need to get this governor issue fixed lol.

Adam

Im hoping maybe from me installing the tail and trying to hover that that gear is what my issue was on the tail. But why is my status light red and gov light on and controlled by the gyro channel ugggghhhhh good news is i will have time to tinker with this stuff with my new job cause i can stay up after kids go to sleep yay. Anybody familiar with the 3gx please help cause tony's status light was green and controled by gyro switch and no gov light

stokke

Hey, Adam.

I've been flyin' mine today (the exact same bird), and it flies perfectly.

When ready to fly, the 3GX unit displays GREEN constant on STATUS, and RED constant on GOVERNOR.
This is correct, and it will fly.
It does of course not utilize the GOV function, and I have not gone through the GOV setting up.

I also had a horrible vibration in my tail, just after set up.
I'm still not sure what caused it, but the problem appeared after REV'ing the rudder servo, and while in about +70% GYRO on my Spektrum Tx.

SO:

After I had REV'd my tail servo.
Set my GYRO to 0%,
Went through the 3GX tail set-up over again.
Before flying, set the GYRO on my Tx to +40%.
(You may/probably know this; but the Spektrum goes from -100% to +100% on the GYRO, so +40% equals 70% gyro setting aka Heading Hold).

Vibration gone!

100% on rudder servo travel.
Rudder D/R: 100%
Rudder Expo: 0%

- - - Updated - - -

OH, and BTW: When using a Spektrum on the 3GX, be sure to use the AUX2 channel in your Tx for Gyro, NOT GEAR channel.

Adam

On mine right now it is red status light constant and i can change the gov light to green or red with the tx. Here is a video for justification.
[video=youtube_share;_1no-XK8VKc]http://youtu.be/_1no-XK8VKc[/video]

stokke

That tail-craziness looks exactly like what I had!
I too had two red constant lights after messing with the tail setup.

I suggest you do the tail-setup again (while Tx gyro settings are set to 0% (Or whatever your Tx interprets as between HH and RM)).
If the STATUS led still is red, then do the 3GX setup.

When this is done, set your Tx gyro to HH again.
Then test to see if craziness is gone.

Please check back if there are any Q's regarding 3GX setting up.

Adam

I tried all of that and still same thing lol. Servo twitches big time when inputing a movement? Doesnt do anything until you do rudder right or left could it be the front gear that has a missing tooth or my status light being red. When i changed the gyro to 0 status light was red and the gov changed the gain to 55 status light stayed red gov light went green switch the gyro switch to rate mode and the gov led went from greeen to red........ hmmmmmmm anybody have a thinking cap i can borrow bahahahaha

- - - Updated - - -

See i tried that and i am really appreciating your help so why is the gov light switching to green and not the status light. I have done the esc setup the swash setup and tail setup so many times its almost to the point i dont even need the book but when you have problems im going step by step

- - - Updated - - -

Umm tony set this up with a dx8 and i have a dx6 could there be any different way things need to be wired i am stumped on this one.

stokke

If you put the 3GX in DIR mode, then try some rudder input, does servo still twitch?

Adam

wait a minute do you mean to put the gyro at 0 in the travel adjustment menu not the gain?

stokke

wait a minute do you mean to put the gyro at 0 in the travel adjustment menu not the gain?

No, leave servo travel at 100%/100%.
I'm speaking about gyro gain, yes.

If I'm not making myself clear enough, please do tell, I have the DX7S so there may be some differences.
AND, I'm Norwegian. LOL

Adam

That was a wonderful question man I just tried DIR mode with rudder input and no shake??????

- - - Updated - - -

Your doing great man your help is awesome but i still not knowing whats going on here lol it cool cause i put it in dir mode and spun it up like the video and it worked fine

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Geese Adam you haven't had her a week and she is messed up allready! You sure you did not bent the tail boom when you hit? Your blades could be A little tighter too. That looks machanical to me. Not gyro related. I meen if it was perfect before it should be perfect now. you better tare her apart and check everything. also I though you said your gears were striped. That would do it too!. When you order gears order the three pack. Lots cheeper that way. I allways carry spare gears when I take my 600 out!

stokke

The STATUS still red?

- - - Updated - - -

breeze400;21560That looks machanical to me. Not gyro related.[/QUOTE said:
Seeing that the bird works well in DIR modes suggests there is a 3GX or rudder-gyro problem.

Adam

No status was green and the gov light was nothing lol or not lit up

- - - Updated - - -

Oh dont say that when tony shipped it it was perfect it was installed in the heli which shouldn't matter

Adam

No status light is red when not in dir mode i hope this helps

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you breeze when i got it the tail boom was disconected. I installed it all the way in so the torque tube ran smoothly. Could there of been a missing tooth right out of the gates but why is my status light red sam and my gov light green??? your knowledge could be helpful

stokke

No status light is red when not in dir mode i hope this helps

Please complete this list, don't skip any parts!

Transmitter:

100% travel on ALL channels.
NO D/R.
NO Expo.
Spektrum gyro gain adjust: 0%

Enter DIR: Hold 3GX button while powering on.
Complete 3GX set-up. < If you do not know how to do this, please do tell.

When 3GX set-up is complete, power off the bird.

Power on the bird again.
Hold the 3GX button for 2 seconds until the first light turns on:
1st light > GREEN LED
2nd light > GREEN LED
3rd light > While bird on ground, move tail and check if gyro is correcting the right way.
4th light > Set rudder end points, move rudder left until binding - then back until binding seizes, wait for LED to stop blinking. Then do rudder right, same procedure.
5th light > RED LED
This completes the tail rudder set-up.

Power off bird.

Transmitter gyro gain adjust: 40%.

Power on bird: Check if STATUS led is GREEN, and GOVERNOR led is RED.

TEST BIRD.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm just typing off memory, as I do not have the manual here. But I think it's all there...

Adam

give me some time on this one lol thank you for your help.

- - - Updated - - -

ok no dual rate just leave it at 100 inh on all correct

Adam

No status light stayed red and so did the gov light put gain over 50 and the gov light went green. I will wait til i rebuild the tail there has got to be something wrong with the tail i hope

Top Bottom