Align Trex 450 Pro v2 3gx problems

Adam

Ok i took the sub trim out took the servo out now to do the setup again and lets see what happens lol
\

Tony

Staff member
I checked the tail over a few times since the last time I flew it, and all gears were good. I am paranoid about those gears lol. But yes, a bad gear can cause issues.

What is your gyro gain set to? Did you reset the ail and ele gains back to 50%?

You do not use any sub trim on the tail, it's all done through setup in the gyro (Not DIR mode)

To me, that looks like a wag and not a shake. The gyro is over compensating, you need to reduce your gyro gain to get rid of this. On the DX6i, 0-50% is rate mode, and 50-100% is HH mode. Set your gyro to 65% and try it (after you put new gears on the tail). If the wag is still there, reduce the gain by 2% and try again. Don't use any trim on the tail or sub trim, everything should be a factory default. Let us know how it goes when you get new tail gears on.

Also, when lifting off the ground, don't give it any cyclic input until it leaves the ground. This requires a quick takeoff and then catching the heli with right cyclic.

stokke

On the DX6i, 0-50% is rate mode, and 50-100% is HH mode.

I did not know this, as I just presumed the gain values are the same as on my DX7S.
So the 40% I've been calling for is wrong.
Your gain should be somewhere around 70%.

Sorry for this.

Adam

Ok i did the rudder setup again and i am having problem with the limits

- - - Updated - - -

Ok tony my status light is red and the gov light is controlle by gyro channel. I can set my gain to 0 percent and no change what did i do.

- - - Updated - - -

If i unbind this and bind it again i can start from scratch correct when i rebuild the tail gears. And yes tony i think during my setup and bind i screwed up and everyone knows that.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
I'm lost on the 3gx stouff Adam. I was just looking for something machanical. but if you have broken teath on the tail drive. It won't work properly so wait till you get your replacement parts before you try to diagnose the tail!!!!

Adam

Alright so here it is I am running a 3GX with two sat receivers with a DX6I lol well the moral of the story is you can't set it up that way. you have to have a standard receiver yay do now that I have broke a blade set a gear and bought two sat which I can use one thanks tony but the other is just stock. all it took was reading one little tiny paragraph. hope it was exciting for all of us and thank you to everyone

heli-maniac

wow thats funny mine works just fine with just the 2 sat rx heck i set it up with just one sat rx hook to it
and what dose the paragraph say .
and is this the 3gx heli that Tony built and sold

Adam

Oh i hope you dont have a dx6i cause then im in trouble. And yes it is the heli tony set built and i bought.

heli-maniac

well if the tail shake shows up on mine then ill have to change it over .
i have hovered 3 or 4 batteries in it and it dose not have a tail shake as of right now but i have not really got in to it been messing with my sport and other 3gx heli with a 3 g system in it

Top Bottom