250 Align Trex 250

Matt

I’ve got an Align Trex 250 on the way!!! :hdbng:

It’s a flybarred version. I plan on getting a DFC Head for it and a Microbeast Plus..

Wicked excited :arms:

Tony

Staff member
Good luck with it and I hope you have the tools for it. I had a 250 back in the day and swore to never have another one. It tried to kill me on multiple occasions...

Admiral

They are a wild little piece of equipment, for a start dumb it down as much as you can until you get used to it, that is plenty of DR/Expo and the normal or low settings in the BeastX parameters menu.

Have fun.

Matt

I bought it for $155 from eBay plus $20 shipping

An Align DFC Head is $50
A Microbeast Plus is $100

There is a setting in the Microbeast to set the style

It was either the Trex 250 or the Goblin 280 but I can’t quite afford the Goblin

Tony

Staff member
Your not the only one that can't afford a Goblin lol. Keep us posted on how things go with this little beast.

Matt

I ended up getting this last week. I’ll post some pics of it soon. Does this one take the same size servos as the 450? Also, is the frame the same between the SE and the Pro for the 250?

murankar

Staff member
I can't say for sure, never built one. I want to say it takes any 9 gram servos all round to include the tail. I think they are classified as micro servos.

Tony

Staff member
Same cyclic servos, yes. But it also takes a micro tail servo whereas the newer 450's take a mini servo for a 500 on the tail. As for the frame sides, I'm pretty sure they are different, but not 100% sure though.

Matt

This is my new 250. I’ve got an Ikon2 on the way and a fbl head for it.

This is going to be great.. building these is so much fun..

Tony

Staff member
Oh, and one request, please hold your phone sideways when taking cell phone video. Makes the video very small on computers which is what most use on here. :biggrin1:

Matt

It’s got Align DS410’s on the cyclic and a JR290G on the tail. It has an Align GP750 gyro. I’ve got an Ikon2 on the way for it and have a fbl head for it. It’s got a belt drive tail and a Castle Berg 7 for the receiver.

Tony

Staff member
In all honesty, I would set it up just as it sits and fly it that way with the flybar. At least that is what I would do... lol

Matt

I’ve been watching this video and I’m just about done with the Ikon2 setup.

One question, when I tip my heli back the swash goes back (not forward) what setting is that in the Ikon2?

Admiral

With the iKon if your swash is moving the correct direction when using the Tx but the gyro is moving the swash the wrong direction reverse that servo in the configurator and then reverse it again in the Tx, same applies to the rudder servo.

Top Bottom