250 Align Trex 250

Matt

In the Microbeast there is a way to set the dual rates and expo in the Tx.. Setting the Control Style in the Microbeast to Tx mode.. is there a way to do the same thing in the Ikon2? Or do I have to pick one of the 4 predestined flying style options?

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
If I remember correctly, those options are in the advanced menu which I have not played with much. However, you can set it all up with everything linear and then when you are ready to fly, you can play with DR/Expo. Just know, on the tame Ikon settings, you are not going to want much DR/Expo at all. It will make the helicopter very sluggish.

Tony

Staff member
Yup, that will cause some issues. Aileron on the right, pitch on the left in most cases.

Admiral

In the Advance menus under the Setup Tab/ Input you can adjust expo on aileron Elevator Tail & Pitch, under the Tail Tab you can adjust the I & D components of the PIDs the P being adjusted by the Tx gain and under Cyclic you can adjust PIDs for Aileron and Elevator.

I have only ever adjusted the tail to get rid of a bit of Tail Bobble in a 550, it fixed the problem with one slight adjustment.

Before make any adjustments backup your settings and only make small adjustments.

Matt

So I've gotten everything set up right.. except the tail.. the tail is a belt drive tail.. not used to these.. is there a way to get a torque tube tail? Or what do I have to do to this belt drive tail to get it to work properly? (the heli spins) (I've tried tightening the belt)

Tony

Staff member
when you say "the heli spins", do you mean when you spool up the helicopter, the tail goes into an uncontrollable piro? If so, is it a CCW piro? If this is the case, your tail gyro is reversed and it is correcting IN the direction of the spin rather than against it.

Tony

Staff member
In the tail menu, there is a little Around Arrow, this is used to reverse the direction of the tail gyro. Below is a screen shot of the page I'm talking about.

Well crap, it says I need an update, but when I download and install the update, it says an updated version has already been installed. Then, I open the software back up, it says I need to update, rinse, repeat... ugh.

So I went to their website and it is giving me an error on the page. So I have no way of opening the software at this time... I will see if I can find a screen shot though. Give me a minute.

Tony

Staff member
Here is an older image of the page I'm talking about. This was shot a few years ago on the original ikon when I set it up way back when...

Untdditled.png

murankar

Staff member
thats how it goes. I am in the same boat with the Gaui. The heli was around $220 and the fbl was the same price. Hell my servos cost more than most 360/380 kits.

Top Bottom