700 Align 700n Project DoH

Stambo

I think my chainsaw is only 32cc so it's not far off. :)
I like the idea of 2 stroke instead of dirty smelly nitro. :p
So much cheaper for fuel and you can get it anywhere.

Al.

I think my chainsaw is only 32cc so it's not far off. :)
I like the idea of 2 stroke instead of dirty smelly nitro. :p
So much cheaper for fuel and you can get it anywhere.

Its not just the fuel that's cheaper, Spare parts are cheaper also, a complete top end, Barrel, piston, rings, gasket etc $79. Full carb $59.

I also hate the mess nitro leaves. The other thing I enjoy is no starting equipment required. Just fill and pull the cord.

Al.

Desided to give up. On ebay for sale.

- - - Updated - - -

decided to give up. On ebay for sale.

Al.

Wait, WHAT? What happened? Let us help you out bro!

Nothing happened, its exactly the same as it was, when I said the tails not right. I love the mechanical side, but don't think I will ever grow the gahoonies to learn to fly it. All I have ever done, is buy bits for it, and build it to exact standards. 11.7 / 11.9 on pitch now. It seems silly to keep doing this, so I put the hole lot of fleabay, if I get 0 bites, it will continue to look nice in my box room. lol

Slobberdog

Al I get the glitters now when I put my 450 in the air, you have invested a great deal of time and money on this heli, I love the building myself but I spent 5 months hovering in one place as I did not want to have to spend money if I crashed, tbh I still don't, yes this has hampered my progress but I have to say once I got past the first stage I still feel the adrenaline flow when I take off or have a moment it's as if my heart skips a beat, but I just find I have to come back for more,

I have just bought a 500 and that's a lot more imposing than my others, so I get where you are with the 700,

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
700's are so so so much fun to fly and so freaking stable

Can't say hope you still have it if you wanted your money out if it.. But I sure hope you fly it or something :)

Al.

Just a small update.

I have fixed the tail issue, it was correcting the wrong way on the 3gx. However I now have major tail wag, about 6" either way.

Even with the wag, it was quite stable, that surprised me.

So how do I fix the wag.

Best offer so far, £800..... I would be happier crashing it, than selling for that. :D

Slobberdog

When you say wag is it a quick wag or a slow wag,

If quick, then lower your gain down by 5% and try that! also ensure you have 0 delay set in the 3Gx as that won't help, is your arm set at the right distance from centre,

Are your tail blades to tight,

Graham Lawrie

Where in Scotland are you Al?

- - - Updated - - -

That,s some amount of equipment on Ebay Al. Seems a shame to give up?

Al.

New update..

I've had it in the hover... Video link to follow.

Ok, its still not perfect and the head speed is way to high, and I guess a few things need setting up. im having issues getting the APS setup right.

But I think I will leave them for the new owner, if it sells. If not I guess I will plod along with it.

Yes I know the test hover place is a bit small.... :drink26:

Al.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry about the poor quality, I asked a friend to hold the action cam.

Last edited by a moderator:

cml001

That's a beast u got there buddy! I wanna see it up in the air...

Last edited:

Slobberdog

That's looking really good Al,

Looks like you need a bit of expo on aileron and elevator to calm the responses down for you, try 20%

But that looks and sounds amazing

Reactions: Al.

Al.

Well I took it of sale. Im going to sell the odds, and 250 trex, but keep the 700n, and carry on learning to fly it.

So, I need to learn how to reduce the engine head speed, within the DX8 (basically at centre stick the engine is kick out way more power than I need at the moment), and then start on the APS setup.

Tony

Staff member
Your best bet is to use a governor if you want to lower the head speed. At a low head speed, it will bog really bad and you need the gov to keep the head speed up.

Reactions: Al.

Admiral

Glad to see you've taken it off the market, it is a great bit of kit and you are at the last hurdle, I agree with Lee at this point a cheap 450 or 500 to hone the skills before putting the 700 through it's paces, you can normally get most of your money back when your ready for the 700.

Top Bottom