450 align 450 pro DFC (new toy)

pj1969

hi again guys, well i've bitten the bullet and gone and bought an ALIGN 450 pro with tarot 3 axis sytem on it and i'm not going to lie, it's completely different to my old 450 with a flybar lol. Managed to bind my dx6i to it, but im having trouble getting it off the floor, which for a heli is kinda important lol on full stick there is just no lift and it looks like the blades are sucking the heli down, could it be a pitch problem?? or what shall i be looking for as DFC is completely new to me. The guy i bought it off had it flying, so i'm hoping its something i'm not doing, radio settings etc......:05.18-flustered::05.18-flustered:

heli-maniac

On the dx6i go into the swash menu You should see settings like 60 60 60 the pitch setting needs to read neg 60 that should fix it
Second please dont call it a TOY it is not a Toy

pj1969

just to add guys, i've just checked pitch and when i go full stick, the blades are going into -pitch and low stick +pitch. mid stick is 0º All my servo's seem to be going in right direction, but like i said this dfc head is all new to me.

- - - Updated - - -

sorry it was a figure of speach, i know its not a toy. i've looked in swash mix, but i cant get into it. do i have to have swash 90º or in cccp mode??? when i reverse pitch my throtle goes into reverse up=down and down goes up

- - - Updated - - -

sorry it was a figure of speach, i know its not a toy. i've looked in swash mix, but i cant get into it. do i have to have swash 90º or in cccp mode??? when i reverse pitch my throtle goes into reverse up=down and down goes up

pj1969

yeah changed it onto ccpm but im getting hardly any right movements in swash. the servo's seem to be dragging alot too, think i need to take it to a shop to set up, its baffling me.

Lee

Swash should be set to 1 servo, 90º Normal, not 120ºccpm The mixing is done by the unit not the radio. But the second part of what Jesse said is correct. Go into the swash mix menu and change the pitch % from neg to pos or vice versa. So if it say 60% change it to -60% and your pitch will be working the correct way.

xokia

Lee are you sure about the 90 1 servo?
It depends on the FBL controller you are using the tarot 3 axis sytem so you need to look at what they say to use.

If I look at the instructions Lee is correct

Select the swashplate type as a non-mixing mode

Futaba

H1

JR

1 servo NORM

in your
transmitter.

Last edited:

DAL2855

Banned
Yes he is correct, with the Tarot, your swash type has to be the single or 90 servo setup for it to work correctly.

pj1969

cheers guys, i'm using tarot zyx 3 axis with spektrum satelite. i've really no clue with FBL systems, will try and upload a video of whats happening to show all. In 90 swash setting i dont have swash mix to change - to + like we do to reverse in ccpm mode. Jeeze these are complicated to set up if you dont know them. I may just get a 3gx instead, people seem to know theose better. Thanks for input guys, much appriceated

Tony

Staff member
I have programming dongle for it and I don't even own one lmao. I did find out though that you can NOT use the zyx dongle on teh 3GX lmao.

tarnall

I got my 450 Trex Pro DFC the other day. I notice I did not get some of the items seen on the YouTube #1. The Self-Green R48 and grease. It seems on the first assembly page of the kit, 450HH15 DFC Metal main rotor holder the bearing are already assembled along with the other half of the housing. Even the Main rotor grip arms were installed but the screws did not seem to be tight. I assume I am suppose to removed the screws and lock tight them - T22 - right??

Thanks
Terry
Hayward, CA USA

xokia

I got my 450 Trex Pro DFC the other day. I notice I did not get some of the items seen on the YouTube #1. The Self-Green R48 and grease. It seems on the first assembly page of the kit, 450HH15 DFC Metal main rotor holder the bearing are already assembled along with the other half of the housing. Even the Main rotor grip arms were installed but the screws did not seem to be tight. I assume I am suppose to removed the screws and lock tight them - T22 - right??

Thanks
Terry
Hayward, CA USA
I would recommend throwing the T-22 in the trash and go buy some blue loctite. And yes you must remove the screws and apply loctite

tarnall

I would recommend throwing the T-22 in the trash and go buy some blue loctite. And yes you must remove the screws and apply loctite

OK, blue huh! we used to use that at work. What's the difference between T22 and Loctite blue?

Tony

Staff member
Hey PJ, this is exactly why video will explain things MUCH better than text. This is an easy solution. Simply pop your blade grip links off and put the grip balls on the leading edge instead of the trailing edge. All flybarless helis will have the balls on the leading edge, and flybar heli's will have them on the trailing edge. Your setup otherwise is correct from what I can see.

The servos "dragging back" is normal. They are not binding (not by the action anyway). You gave the gyro an input and it's going to try to move the heli to that position. The slow movement back is giving the heli a time to move, but because the head is in rate mode and not HH, it will not hold the position, but will slowly come back to level.

Hope this helps.

Tony

Staff member
Why in the world do you have that Tony if you don't have the unit? lol

because when we purchased the RCH Heli, the 3GX didn't have a dongle and I couldn't find one at the time. Thought I would try it. Didn't work.

Top Bottom