450 align 450 pro DFC (new toy)

tarnall

Got a question: Page 6 of TREX 450PRO DFC instruction manual show mounting the DFC ball link to the DFC Linkage rod (A) - there's two of them, but the little plastic DFC Ball Link does NOT seem to be threaded! Are we just supposed to force screw it on the linkage rod (A) or is this a bad part?

Thanks for any assistance!
Terry
tas.spam@gmail.com

Slobberdog

None of the ball links will be threaded you have to start the thread on the linkage rods be it the dfc rod or the servo rods

Dirk

Hi Terry,
Make sure that you get the links to the exact length as described on page 12 by using a vernier caliper. It makes your setup so much better. You MUST make use of pitch gauge as well on a DFC head. If you have a digital one, even better. I managed to get my pitch perfect with my digital pitch gauge.

tarnall

I also noticed that most of the ball links have a number on them, 0 1, 1 1, 0 7...etc. Is there any importance to that? I don't see any reference to them in the manual, they all look about the same.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the info. I have been watching the video of the build, although his is a bit different. I used to be plant maintenance mechanic so I have all measuring devices but have not worked on things this tiny... I haven't bought the pitch gauge yet, but I saw it in the store, as well as the transmitter, DX8, I think. I wanted to see how the build was going to be before I invested any more. I also was looking into the computerized training aid. I ran into Ham (Amateur Radio)in New Zealand also fly's helis and suggested 40 hours training before the first fly.

- - - Updated - - -

...sure would be nice to have a MM starter tap for those Ball Links.... I haven't successfully started one yet! Guess I have to push harder!! (??)

tarnall

Greetings, Watching Tony's YouTube build videos, I think is #3 where his installing the servos, page 8 in our manuals. He's got a setup to "Center" the servos before installing them. He show a DX8 to a "Speed controller" then to a receiver. I assume when I purchase my DX8 it come with a receiver(?) but what about the Speed controller? Didn't see on in my kit, I guess it part of the GX3. Soooo any ideas on a model or part number for this speed controller? Guess I'm going to need a battery too. Hummm, I guess the battery and charger are already in stock at the store I got the kit... Any helpful thought would be appreciated!

Thanks
Terry

Top Bottom