General Align 3GX / Help

Ledesma45

I recently bought a 3GX unit from Runryder and it came incomplete and i cant get it to boot. First the data cable and the Red, White and Black signal wires are missing, Second the unit wont boot up.

My first question is where could i buy the replacement wires?
My second question is what i'm doing wrong, because i cant get the unit to turn on.
My third question is there is a bind port on the unit, does that means that i could bind it to the DX6I, that's the transmitter that i'm using.

Thank you everybody, i would really appreciate yr help.

Rafael Ledesma

Tony

Staff member
When using a 6 channel Tx, you have to use the external Rx. You must to this to operate the gyro gain. Otherwise the tail will be all over the place. If you are using a 7+ channel Tx, then you can use two satellite Rx's and that is where the bind port comes into play.

I'm pretty sure if you don't have a Bind with a Tx, it won't turn on. I'm not 100% sure on this though. If you bind your Tx to your Rx that is connected to the 3GX and it still doesn't turn on, then I'm afraid there is some bad news. You should be able to get on readyheli.com and order what you need. A Main should also have it as well as a lot of other large resellers. Your LHS may even be able to get you what you need.

Good luck and let us know how it all turns out or if you need any more help.

Ledesma45

When using a 6 channel Tx, you have to use the external Rx. You must to this to operate the gyro gain. Otherwise the tail will be all over the place. If you are using a 7+ channel Tx, then you can use two satellite Rx's and that is where the bind port comes into play.

I'm pretty sure if you don't have a Bind with a Tx, it won't turn on. I'm not 100% sure on this though. If you bind your Tx to your Rx that is connected to the 3GX and it still doesn't turn on, then I'm afraid there is some bad news. You should be able to get on readyheli.com and order what you need. A Main should also have it as well as a lot of other large resellers. Your LHS may even be able to get you what you need.

Good luck and let us know how it all turns out or if you need any more help.

Thank you i try it with a separate receiver and it worked, so i'm gonna check on the data cable, everybody seems to be out of stock, is $15.00

Thank you for yr responce it gave me some confidence.

Rafael

Adam

make sure to have your gyro gain from the 3gx is plugged in the gear ch of the rx I first put it in aux2 which is ch 7 which last time I checked dx6i didn't have ch7 lol. what bird you adding this to

Ledesma45

Thank you for your advise, i'm assembling an HK-450-pro, with align ds410, corona ds-919mg for the tail, a 3200 kv motor with a punch 40 amp esc with built in bec, align flybarless head with the 3g blades, right now i'm on the servo configuration and its a bit tricke, because the don't line up, so i'm moving the arms to get them lined up.

Thank you

Ledesma45

Hi guys, i bought the data usb cable for the 3GX and update it to V2.0, but now i have another question, once i load the software, turn the heli on and plug the usb from the computer to the device tehn it shows linked usb. How do i change model?, right now its set for large heli.

Adam

I Went through all the setup through the tx and when i plug mine in to the computer it says large heli also so this is a good question for both of us or else maybe you set it up manually also and is getting this reading.

Tony

Staff member
You have to change the model size on the gyro it's self. I don't remember the exact way to do it, but it's in the manual.

stokke

I think it's in the tail set-up, third light.

Power on as normal - hold 3GX button for 2 sec - tail set-up initialize - push button until third light lights up - STATUSLIGHT GREEN= BIG HELI / STATUSLIGHT RED= SMALL HELI - rudderstick left or right to change big or small heli - push button 2 or 3 times to exit set-up.

- - - Updated - - -

REMEMBER THROTTLE HOLD

Ledesma45

Hi guys, i had problem with the endpoints, so i fix it and it was a day and night different, now i'm able to fly it, but in foward flight it shakes up and down, and side to side, but on spools and hight climbs and decends the heli is solid, my question is there is a setting on the software called simulated fly bar parameter, what is the advantage of this, or if is better or not to enable it?.

stokke

Hi guys, i had problem with the endpoints, so i fix it and it was a day and night different, now i'm able to fly it, but in foward flight it shakes up and down, and side to side, but on spools and hight climbs and decends the heli is solid, my question is there is a setting on the software called simulated fly bar parameter, what is the advantage of this, or if is better or not to enable it?.

I don't know if you've been reading my video-thread, but I've come to find the 3GX needs a perfectly set up head to work properly. I mean, it should be PERFECT. Or else you'll get some sort of problem.

But, if you know your head is set up correct, I would start increasing the gain. The gain can be adjusted on the 3GX unit itself, there's one dial for elevator, and one for aileron.

Regarding the simulated fly-bar; If you're used to flying a FB heli, enabling this feature would maybe help you. But if you don't have any particular feel you're looking for, I would leave it disabled. I have mine disabled...

Tony

Staff member
I don't know if you've been reading my video-thread, but I've come to find the 3GX needs a perfectly set up head to work properly. I mean, it should be PERFECT. Or else you'll get some sort of problem.

But, if you know your head is set up correct, I would start increasing the gain. The gain can be adjusted on the 3GX unit itself, there's one dial for elevator, and one for aileron.

Regarding the simulated fly-bar; If you're used to flying a FB heli, enabling this feature would maybe help you. But if you don't have any particular feel you're looking for, I would leave it disabled. I have mine disabled...

Agreed!
+1

Tony

Staff member
Thanks for the reply, but check this video and you will see it says to change the model, but i cant see that option on the software. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rjlibwoiKM

I didn't even see this post. Since you have under 50 posts, the software looks at the link and moderates it.

If you are running v2.1 firmware in your gyro, you will not see anything this guy is talking about. With all of the issues being reported here lately, I may have to purchase another bird and do a full 3GX setup guide.

Top Bottom