Micro Align 150 seems like a no brainer to me

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Helidirect facebook page said they got the first batch of the align 150 kits in.. And they are shipping first round of PRE Orders now.

ALSO that they had parts available.. and I wanted to chec out the prices....

THE BIRD JUST BECAME A NO BRAINER FOR ME.. Check out the parts prices... ITS WAYYYYY CHEAPER than 130x parts. I am attaching a cart of parts for Align 150 compared to Blade 130x. It is phenomenal. You get 2-3 times more parts for the same or less price with ALign.. this is nuts.

I know I havent flown it yet.. I know I have owned a 130x.. Tell you this, people are calling it 130x killer. That might just be true.. If it just flies half as good in my hand, as the Aln Szabo video of him smacking it around... I say its a winner all around ..

Check these numbers out! :D

align 150.JPG
130x parts.JPG

align 150.JPG

130x parts.JPG

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
OHH AND BY THE WAY .. anyone who has a paraboard of any kind for doing charge of multiple batteries, you DONT need to buy another charger "made by align" or anyone else.. your normal charger with the paraboard or any board with a JST-XH 3 pin balance plug can be used to charge the batteries.

JST-Xh (for any one who doesnt know) is the 3 pin balance plug that is "normal" to most battery makers. Align batteries have the JST Xh with the middle pin removed. So the battery wont be a new connector type you have to deal with

Now the issue comes as most new chargers dont charge just with the balance plug connected. They charge with balance plug and Main plug connected.

To get around that... you can tap on the first and third wire on the balance lead and connect them into the charger's main port using whatever your charger uses( ( like mine uses banana plugs) ..

Here is an illustration. This is just an example.. this is not THE board you have to use.. any board that can used to balance.. can be used :)

align 150 charger mod.jpg

align 150 charger mod.jpg

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
needless to say my hoarding instinct kicked in and I ordered one of each (bar the blade grips and one more thing may be) .. lol .. I am excited to get the bird :D

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Call me crazy .. or stupid. I wanted to save a couple bucks on the rx pack.. I know I have a wanted thread up for Satellite RX .. in the mean time I ordered LEMON-RX .. 5 bucks for a DSM2 satellite. This heli isnt going too far anywaz.. so I figured I can do this.. :)

Hey.. I had to try it.. orange RX's are 21 bucks if you buy from some one in US. I have seen some tests on lemon-rx.. it handels input as low as 3v.. so thats good.. and have tested good all the way around. so .. lets c.. should al be here soon :)

Cant wait :)

www.lemon-rx.com

NOW IN NO WAY AM I SAYING that this can replace your recievers in your big birds. While people have done tests on that succesfuly (on planes) but I Am not suggesting that.. This is a small bird with very small radius I will fly in.. so I am testing this out. Lets c how it does.

If you want quality and if you want service.. I would suggest name brand :)

Slobberdog

Hope it works for you Gaba, can't wait to see some videos from you and Mr Lawrie and Cam, might have to wait till the new year before I pack up my 130x and get the 150

damhdearg

Hey Gaba despite the name, 150, this thing is more a rival to the mcpx BL in size. I m using an orange sattelite also. Just happened to have one from a while ago.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
do you already have yours ?

By the way .. I was told that by a lot of people, the same thing that its a blade MCPX BL competitive..

I actually ended upo making a cart for MCPX BL parts and I was expecting there to be not so much of a difference after all.. BUT NO!! I actually found that for the SAME price.. I was getting almost exactly double to number of parts in the package in Align.. This is NUTS if you ask me.. i am very happy about the spare parts prices.. I wish I had taken a snap shot of that cart.. But its defeinitely a MCPX BL killer too then :p :D :D :D .. ( all that if flies well)

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
do you already have yours ?

By the way .. I was told that by a lot of people, the same thing that its a blade MCPX BL competitive..

I actually ended upo making a cart for MCPX BL parts and I was expecting there to be not so much of a difference after all.. BUT NO!! I actually found that for the SAME price.. I was getting almost exactly double to number of parts in the package in Align.. This is NUTS if you ask me.. i am very happy about the spare parts prices.. I wish I had taken a snap shot of that cart.. But its defeinitely a MCPX BL killer too then :p :D :D :D .. ( all that if flies well)

Graham Lawrie

Hey Gaba despite the name, 150, this thing is more a rival to the mcpx BL in size. I m using an orange sattelite also. Just happened to have one from a while ago.

I got the Spektrum for mine.

Current spend is looking at over £300 with spares. Spares seem reasonable, just need to see if they are quality.

damhdearg

Prices are great, batteries reasonable too. I don't have mine yet, should be delivered this week. From what 'normal fliers' are saying it flies well. Time will tell on the durability.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
yes exactly.. I am waiting on mine too :D :D :D

I did post right before you .. like may be a second before. a cart I made for mcpx BL :D

damhdearg

Align have them beat on price for sure but as far as customer support goes I think Horizon has it. Hopefully we wont need that tho lol.

Slobberdog

Size wise it is pretty much the Mcpx BL it's just a lot more squat,

See here

[video=youtube_share;xmtU2q9WGNw]http://youtu.be/xmtU2q9WGNw[/video]

pvolcko

Wow. I thought it was going to come in a little larger than the BL and a litle smaller than the 130X. Was thinking that align was going for a twofer, trying to put the screws to Blade/HH on both fronts.

EyeStation

My minds eye was expecting something between the two, also. Is the mCPx BL any larger than the V1 mCPx brushed heli?

pvolcko

Now I' really interested in it as a BL replacement. granted I just picked up the BL (used off a sale on these forums), but still. I'm not too heavily invested in parts and whatnot on it yet and this is definitely looking better on the flight characteristics, specs, and parts costs fronts. Havne't heard much on the robustness front, but judging by the boom dia and landing skids, it does look like it is beefier than the mCPX-BL and might just take a crash better. Expensive upfront cost, especially having to throw a sat on there for spektrum compatibility.

Still waiting to see and possibly fly one before taking the plunge. If I do end up doing it, expect a third hand mCPX-BL to go up for sale. :)

Top Bottom