Micro Align 150 seems like a no brainer to me

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Here you go guys I knew it would not take long to get a para charge lead for the Trex 150 out Quantum Parallel 6 X JST-XH 2S Charge/Bal. Cable For Trex 150 Q-CL-0040 I bet the batteries are cloned and upgraded by others before Xmas as well

Nice link

Used to have that for my mcpx batteries .. When I converted that to BL 2cell.

By the way.. Just be careful with those, the wires are so thin... That plugging and removing the jst-xh (that time it was jst-ph) took a toll on them.. Enough to spark and or get disconnected .. I am talking about this specific type

Slobberdog

Guys before you go flying this little beast do a quick tie up exercise as when they crash and they will a few have experianced the servo wires getting chopped in the motor area,

image.jpg

I think this was posted by Jeff Fassbinder (sorry if I have spelt his name wrong)

image.jpg

Slobberdog

It would also seem that the main contention with this bird crash wise is the mounting of the tail motor, it gives way very easy and pulls on the wires which are then a real pain to change through the tail boom, when replacing it.

they do however say it fly's fantastic, and yes I am seriously tempted, anyone want to swap one for a 130x blinged to the hills

Slobberdog

I was seriously tempted by this heli, but I think until they sort out the tail case or have a connection for the wires at that point, its a no go, stick with my 130x for the moment,

Lee

Thats exactly what i was afraid of. The tail motor looks far too vulnerable out there.

Graham Lawrie

I have had quite a few issues with mine:(

I was up with insomnia again, so I spent a lot of time looking at issue:(

If I did not have one, on first impressions, I would not buy one just now!! WAIT TILL THE ISSUES ARE RESOLVED:) Many issues posted on other sites,inclusing damage straight out of box!!

Mine so far:

1. Canopy cracked on delivery(Align sending a new one).
2. Main board sitting squint.
3. Setting in manual are different to use: I had to keep pitch neutral and not reversed as in the manual.
4. After several attempts to bind, LED sequence is wrong?
5. There is an issue with the electrics, the bird is dead on start up until I wiggle the main board.
6. Main blades discoloured?

THIS BIRD IS GOING BACK FOR A REPLACEMENT OR REFUND!!

SHOULD HAVE SPENT THE MONEY ON A NEW TX DX9????

Reading the other forums there are major issues with this. The canopy is poorly done:( This whole thing feels as if it has been rushed!!

It will be interesting to see Cameron's today??

And some more: comments taken from another flyer with over 100 flights!!

I now have over 100 flights on 2 Trex 150's. I bought them from my local hobbyshop last week.
I have 3 crashes so far. None were my fault. Mechanical stuff on the little beast. Here is what I know.

1.Aluminum Main Shaft seems to bend easily. Be ready to either straighten it or replace.
2.Landing gear always breaks the rear tab that holds it into the frame...seems fragile. Can be fixed after breaking with a 2 mm carbon rod and superglue and drilling.
3.Blades seem to crack or completely break the ends off easily upon impact.
4.Servo wires are very close to spinning motor. Will cut the servo wires easily. Hard to solder tiny wires but can be done
5.Tail motor housing tends to crack without even crashing. Be ready with to superglue the motor in the housing when it cracks or the tail motor will come OUT WHILE FLYING....Not fun. New housing comes with tail boom crash kit but no way to thread wire through the boom with the connector on the end....
I have had all the above happen to me several times.

Overall to me it is much more fragile than the Blade MCPX BL.
BUT it flys so much better!!!!!!! The tail hold is awesome and the flybarless board makes it fly like a larger heli. The flybarless controler is fantastic.
My only complaint is the flip rate is slower than the MCPX BL. But I can live with that. My BL can be flipped in a 18" Box....

Would I buy this heli again.....Hell Yes!!!
Would I recommend it to you....I don't know. You decide.
All I know is I'm having fun with it regardless of my issues

Last edited:

Slobberdog

Hey Graham, gutted for you on the heli, was it Align-trex.co.uk that you got it from, if so Raj is great on his customer service, if you can get it back to him early in the week, rumours are a second load is coming out this week, so you might still be lucky enough to get it back for Xmas, but I would call him first thing in the morning.

Graham Lawrie

Hey Graham, gutted for you on the heli, was it Align-trex.co.uk that you got it from, if so Raj is great on his customer service, if you can get it back to him early in the week, rumours are a second load is coming out this week, so you might still be lucky enough to get it back for Xmas, but I would call him first thing in the morning.

Hi Kev, Cameron has just been round and I have officially saw a 150 fly:) BUT NOT MINE.

I have been in touch with Raj and had dealings with him before, his customer service is excellent:) Mine will be winging its way back to him tomorrow, someone has to get a duff one and that is me:(

So I am green with envy after seeing Cameron's fly:(

Graham Lawrie

Some upgrades required:
1. Stronger landing gear.
2. Better canopies.
3. Stronger tail motor mounting.
4. Stronger body.
5. All wires sleeved.

to name but an obvious few............

damhdearg

Agreed Graham. For me the bonus of the plastic swash is less weight, lower cost and it breaks easier in hard crashes instead of transferring force to servo gears and things.
I do like the weight of the 150, gives a higher disc loading and makes it feel solid in the air. It will crash harder tho.

Top Bottom